buying a new carbon filter

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

thinking of getting this filter Rhino pro Filter.. no point going with buget filters they dont work when you are growing smelly strains .... has any 1 used 1 of these Rhino pro Filter???

Smell nothing except fresh air!
Rhino Filters(Formerly known as Phat Filters)are extremely good quality carbon air filters that give exceptional air purification, particle removal and odour control in a very neat and compact unit. They are a firm favourite due to their size / flow rate ratio and the length of time they last. Expect up to 3 years of continual use in normal conditions providing the flow rate of your extraction system is no higher than the intended flow rate of the filter.
• All Rhino Filters use 100% RC-12 virgin activated carbon and have an average life span of 3 years
• All Rhino filters have aluminium tops and bottoms for reduced weight
• 51% open area allows for excellent airflow
• Extremely compact
If its quality, reliability and longevity you are after, look no further than the Rhino Filter.

2508 large
og dmc

og dmc

Now I have to ask, which ones you used that didnt do the job. I think can filters are questionable. I use those and they dont neutralize the smell, just reduce it.

B

boxmunch9

if they are the same as phat filters i wouldnt buy it. i dont know if they have made upgrades. the mountain air filter is thee most effective filter imo

U

ukcheesehead

my last filter was just a buget filter . ok it stopped some of the smell but it still stunk in the loft .

U

ukcheesehead

bump ..... need to know if this filter is good and does what it says ..... going to order today

G

green

went for mountain air myself and have no problems so far .its over a year old and still working fine. i hear phat filters are the same ,so you shouldnt have any probs.

F

frankie-smiles

The Rhino filters are what used to be known as Phat Filters but have changed there name cuz of some marketing or copyright B.S. Don't know how good they are though. Looking for a new one myself so any info would help me out also.

U

ukcheesehead

The Rhino filters are what used to be known as Phat Filters but have changed there name cuz of some marketing or copyright B.S. Don't know how good they are though. Looking for a new one myself so any info would help me out also.

ive got the filter now . so far so good no smell in my loft .
got it for ÂŁ59 in the end . bargin

F

frankie-smiles

Yeah, buget filters can be shit or ok depending on where they come from so I was looking at the Rhino or mountain air but can't get the mountin air local and the P+P to send it is way too much. Looks like a rhino for me too, they can be re-filled easy also so bonus.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry, just seen thread.

I changed all my filters for these. They are brill.

I have a heap of 6 inch's that handles 900 cmh - great.

They are the old Phat filter rebadged to clear their names from the whole Ikon / phat filter scam.

B

boxmunch9

the reason mountain airs are the hands down best filters, is because they actually own the mines where the carbons coil is mined from, after they select the primo for theres filters as well as other ventures, they sell the low grade crap to literally every single other filter company. can thrught dragon filters, which is why those other brand pretty much "work" but they dont do half the job and they last about 1/4 as long. moutain air's are no more $$ but you get to use them worry free from 3 to 5 yrs. Yes i have a friend who has ran his for 5yrs.

N

Nuglover

I've been running a $100 can33 filter that does a great job but then again I'm only running it in a 3'X4' room. It's been in there for about 9 months now and still absolutely no smell. Before I installed it, you could smell my girls from the back of my house through 4 closed doors and onto my front porch. Being around it all the time I wasn't aware how stinky they were. My boss came over to visit and made me aware that it was very obvious what I was growing. Ordered my filter that same day. Now no smells at all. :)

D

Dubsta

Anyone know of a good place to order premium activated carbon? I should of replaced my carbon last time. I looked on e-bay and found a 30lb bag of it for $50 free shipping i might get. Then they got some they say is top top grade or somethin 50lb for $150 after shipping not to sure if its really worth it.. My carbon right now worked good for 2-3years before its even started to smell and i got it used w/ only 1 full grow under it. Love it ordered a new 8in connector instead of 6" stoked when i saw they sold them.

B

boxmunch9

does mountainair have there own site or do you just buy from whatever hydro store carries them

they have a site but you cant buy from it, only get info. I have a 14inch that blows into my garage then a fan pulls that air into my house from there and there is zero aroma of any sort. truely amazing. you'd think i was a rep for these guys by the way I suck their ballz

P

pcchrain

Is there any specific benefits to buying a can filter vs DIY one?
As far as odor elimination?

B

boxmunch9

MF like i say I blow a 12inch vortex pulling through my 14inch mountain air into my garage then into my upstairs living room. and i leave my windows open upstairs most of the day because i like the ocean breeze. if it let any noticeable amount or odor get through then my whole block would be feeling it. im sure a trained dog could smell it if they were in my living room but no human has ever been able to smell anything.

A

Architect

I've got two CAN150's with a 12" Vortex on each, both blowing out (negative pressure) and on an 8KW grow, I've had ZERO smell. Oh, I do have an 8" ozone generator that I sit next to one of the filters too. I've got one of the filters on a rope hoist, but when I break down for my next inspection I'm gonna move those big bastards up to the very peak of my roof, about 18' high, so they pull in the hottest air and shove it back outside. Gonna need 4 more pulleys and about 80 feet of rope per, but I can hoist em up myself!

Latest posts

Top Bottom