Bvv Oven Temps Reached 140, Did I Burn My Oil?

• Thread starter kief sweat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kief sweat

hey guys,

had my temp set to 107 degrees, went out for lunch and almost shit my pants when the actual temp showed 140. I hear most people say that terps begin to boil off at 120, so is this run fucked?

kicking myself for getting a BVV oven instead of an Across..

p.s., I'm going to infuse the bho into coconut oil, so doesn't need to be shatter specifically.

Graywolf

Graywolf

If you're eating it, you most likely want it decarboxylated anyway, which we typically do at 250F.

Medibles are less dependent on aroma and taste, but removing the monoterpenes does also change the medicinal effects.

The proof is in the pudding. How does it work??

K

kief sweat

If you're eating it, you most likely want it decarboxylated anyway, which we typically do at 250F.

Medibles are less dependent on aroma and taste, but removing the monoterpenes does also change the medicinal effects.

The proof is in the pudding. How does it work??

greywolf you are the man! I went to bed hoping for an answer from you..lo and behold, the legend comes to the rescue.

one more question, GW - do you winterize for medibles? I'm in CA and don't have access to 190 everclear, but we do have access to 151 everclear...

as per your polishing extracts article on skunkpharm, I have a buchner funnel with vacuum assist and syringes with filters. just don't have access to 190.

Graywolf

Graywolf

You don't have to winterize for medibles, because the plant waxes are inert filler.

Lower octane ethanol requires more water removal, which is tougher to remove than alcohol.

K

kief sweat

You don't have to winterize for medibles, because the plant waxes are inert filler.

Lower octane ethanol requires more water removal, which is tougher to remove than alcohol.

last question,

since lipids are inert fillers and winterization isn't necessary, would that also mean I don't have to pack my dewaxing columns with dry ice before blasting? thanks again for all the help.

Graywolf

Graywolf

You will get a higher yield with your plant material and the LPG at room temperature, but more of the yield will be non targeted C-30 elements. Those typically are plant waxes, flavonoids, anthro cyanin plant pigments, and chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll should be low with a butane extraction unless excessive water is also present, and none of the C-30 molecules are toxic at the levels present, so it is more of a matter of them occupying space, reducing potency per unit volume, and affecting harshness when vaporized, than creating any health issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom