by sunday i'm calling it.

• Thread starter SFCPUFF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SFCPUFF

good morning.......yea i think i'm pulling the plug this sunday. been looking at the tri's
and there looking good.

now harvest time. gotta 2x2 tent i'll be hanging them in there. i'll have another plant in there doin
12/12 . is the lights going on and off bother the dry time? or is there a better method ?
thx all

rasterman

rasterman

I don't think an active growing tent is a good place to dry flower. The heat from the lights, and temperature and humidity swings would be bad, I think.

There are a lot of ways to dry and cure. On the cheap when I don't want to mess things up, I dry in a cardboard box or paper grocery bag.

If I'm honest, I usually just hang them up in my bedroom until they're dry. Then I jar them up with a Boveda pack.

B

Bdubs

You 100% do not want any lights active while drying. It will reduce your quality and chlorophyll won’t break down making it harsh.

Its own dry space, cold and dark. Airflow but not direct wind. 65temp 50hunidity is perfect and try to maintain it constantly at those numbers. 7-10 days you should be dry and ready for cure.

B

Bdubs

If you don’t want flaky dry buds after/during drying do not allow the temps And/Or humidity to swing out of the optimal range. 75 with 45 - 65 with 40 - 70 - 35. Any variation or one out of range will cause dry outer before inner. If you swing into high humidity and/or temps then you risk mold and too slow of a dry. If you did it correctly, according to your bud size and density, at the correct temp/humidity for that variable, then it should take you 10-14 days for a legit dry time for maximum breakdown. But don’t let it go too long. If they feel dry, jar them, with and see how long it takes that jar to reach 62% RH. If it creeps to 62% from let’s say 54% in 3-4 days, it is fine and was jarred in good time even though a slight too fast dry. If it goes to or above 62% quickly, or in a day, it needs to be dried longer, which may be kept loose in the jar with a humidity packet and 2x day burp and swirl, or any time it exceeds 62% and how fast will determine your burp intervals/time. Once the jar can maintain your (58/62%) chosen humidity, stop burping and keep them cruising.

B

Bdubs

Fun fact. If your jars of curing buds start to lose humidity or you just over dried a bit and you can’t get your humidity in the jar where you want it, don’t use bread or tortillas, or any other foreign moisture control.

Plop yourself a fresh cut leaf from a vegging plant or leftover wet trim from harvest to help boost humidity inside your jars.

oldtimer1960

oldtimer1960

Fun fact. If your jars of curing buds start to lose humidity or you just over dried a bit and you can’t get your humidity in the jar where you want it, don’t use bread or tortillas, or any other foreign moisture control.

Plop yourself a fresh cut leaf from a vegging plant or leftover wet trim from harvest to help boost humidity inside your jars.
Orange peel or banana peel works well

S

SFCPUFF

Update....well I dried them out and turned out to be pretty good. Ended up with around an OZ. Size wize not weight. Tastes pretty and has good purple colors and big buds
20240106 202854
20240106 202944
I tryed it and not to bad maybe it will age. Got 1 batch in a mason jar and some in another container.
On to the next plant. Did nothing fancy just lights water and nute and 12.12. And i get this...awsome....Thx all .

B

Bdubs

Update....well I dried them out and turned out to be pretty good. Ended up with around an OZ. Size wize not weight. Tastes pretty and has good purple colors and big buds View attachment 2098191View attachment 2098192I tryed it and not to bad maybe it will age. Got 1 batch in a mason jar and some in another container.
On to the next plant. Did nothing fancy just lights water and nute and 12.12. And i get this...awsome....Thx all .
Looks tasty

Top Bottom