Bye,Bye Texas!!! Hello Colorado!!!

• Thread starter SMOKE-ONE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SMOKE-ONE

Well I finally escaped from that shit hole they call Texas and ended up in a paradise called Colrado.So I jus want to say hello to all the Colorado growers.Ive visited this beautiful state several times since i was a kid.(Im almost 40 now)But this time its a totally different feeling knowing that this will be my new home.(thats if I ever find one lol) The only problem Im having is that the landlords all want proof of verified income.The only income i can verify is from a rental property and the sale of a property.And that wont satisfy all the people ive spoken to.

darkmatter

darkmatter

The temp service place are good to get a job quick,warehouse jobs forklifts sort of things.in two weeks you got proof,but that's not really enough to prove much past 700 800 doller place. :)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Go see a book keeper or accountant and have them make you up a financial statement,it should show the assets you have including your rental and funds from the property sale etc etc,they really just want to know you can pay,this combined with a credit report that they should pull themselves should answer any questions they have.

soserthc1

soserthc1

pretty general question without details do you have enough money to cover the first year lease in full and does you income after that depend on growing and is the person your renting from ok with that as you would still be several months away from a harvest..

Where are you staying now - hotel - relative ? do you plan on working or just care giving .... either way wish i was able to do the same .... best of luck
SoSerThc - there are alot of good Co. people here that should be able to give you better info .... just keep posting and you will get the answer you need i'm sure ..... might even find the work you desire.....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The shittier the housing, the harder to rent, the easier to get around those things. Craigslist is a good one too. Location makes a difference, perhaps you're searching the nice places. Usually renting from an owner will be more about coming up with first, last and security deposit, then a good story of what you do...But seems to be the agencies that want the 'paper'...Get creative and it ain't no thing.
In the end...
Money TALKS!

Haven't had a verifiable source of income keep me from renting a house, just not all houses, but they are out there. They usually shut-the-fuck-up as soon as I hand them a few grand, then promptly leave to spend the money.

Just make sure the guy renting it to you is legally able to...Checking the County Assessor online is a good start. A guy in Denver on Craigslist was ripping people off a while back renting out houses he didn't own. People show up to a bargain in a nice neighborhood, hand over 5K, and never hear from him again.

shawnskush

shawnskush

Go see a book keeper or accountant and have them make you up a financial statement,it should show the assets you have including your rental and funds from the property sale etc etc,they really just want to know you can pay,this combined with a credit report that they should pull themselves should answer any questions they have.

The shittier the housing, the harder to rent, the easier to get around those things. Craigslist is a good one too. Location makes a difference, perhaps you're searching the nice places. Usually renting from an owner will be more about coming up with first, last and security deposit, then a good story of what you do...But seems to be the agencies that want the 'paper'...Get creative and it ain't no thing.
In the end...
Money TALKS!

Haven't had a verifiable source of income keep me from renting a house, just not all houses, but they are out there. They usually shut-the-fuck-up as soon as I hand them a few grand, then promptly leave to spend the money.

Just make sure the guy renting it to you is legally able to...Checking the County Assessor online is a good start. A guy in Denver on Craigslist was ripping people off a while back renting out houses he didn't own. People show up to a bargain in a nice neighborhood, hand over 5K, and never hear from him again.

My landlord stopped being interested in my job or credit when I handed him a years worth of rent in cash...I've never seen a russian mans face light up like a little kid on christmas before LOL

muir

muir

My landlord stopped being interested in my job or credit when I handed him a years worth of rent in cash...I've never seen a russian mans face light up like a little kid on christmas before LOL

If you are negotiating with someone who doesn't get impressed with a bunch of cash there to make him feel secure, move on, there are plenty out there that appreciate the pocket tumor.

S

SMOKE-ONE

Thanks guys for all the great input.Ive been staying in a hotel in the Pueblo area for almost 2 weeks.I chose the pueblo area because the area is so cheap.My girlfriend hates it here,because were a bi racial couple and pueblo seems to be less racially tolerant than texas.aleast less tolerant than the Galveston/Houston area.But.shes willing to tough it out,for a few runs until i can find a place more suitable.Thats going by all the dirty looks we get from people.But then I might jus be tripping because i ran out of all of the dank i brought with me yesterday,cant find anything decent,had my laptop stolen,and cant find a decent spot.
i have offered to pay 6 monthes in advance plus deposit ,and still no luck.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks guys for all the great input.Ive been staying in a hotel in the Pueblo area for almost 2 weeks.I chose the pueblo area because the area is so cheap.My girlfriend hates it here,because were a bi racial couple and pueblo seems to be less racially tolerant than texas.aleast less tolerant than the Galveston/Houston area.But.shes willing to tough it out,for a few runs until i can find a place more suitable.Thats going by all the dirty looks we get from people.But then I might jus be tripping because i ran out of all of the dank i brought with me yesterday,cant find anything decent,had my laptop stolen,and cant find a decent spot.
i have offered to pay 6 monthes in advance plus deposit ,and still no luck.

really worry about you and your girl and f@#$ what anyone else has to say - your off to a good start networking here and had the balls to make the move , now make it work .... nothing worth having comes without some hard work thou i don't know if that applies in this field as its a passion not hard work if you love it....

best of luck

S

SMOKE-ONE

Yea marijuana is my passion.I would still grow if a pound was only worth a dollar lol.This isnt hard at all compared to what Ive been thru.Im jus having a bad day because I havent smoked anything goood today.Feels like Im about to loose it lol.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

i just did the same thing you did, however i had a job. But i moved from Florida to Colorado without having a place yet. Keep your vibes positive including your girlfriend, if you put out the right energy you will get it returned to you. I was nervous as hell that i wouldn't find a place as i was driving out here. But day one I got a place, wasn't my ideal situation, but its a start. So i encourage you to keep your head up, stay positive and it will work out for you. I didn't have any flowers when i got here either so I actually hit up Craigslist, not always going to be the best quality, but I found one or two good reliable people that take care of there product.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Man, I've lived in hotels, and I've lived in my car (aka homeless), and it is NO FUN. Better to have a hotel, it's a mailing address and a shower.

muir

muir

Nederland has loosened up (rental wise) as summer is winding up. A plus is the new town ordinances allow home growers to become licensed (if they want) and will be able to vend to retail stores.

Top Bottom