Bye,Bye Texas!!! Hello Colorado!!!

• Thread starter SMOKE-ONE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Just depends on WHERE you are looking and WHO is the lessor.
It's out there, you just gotta find it.

And how far back to you think most landlords look into your employment history...Basically just what you provide them. Wink. Wink.

I've never had a problem finding a cash rental off Craigslist. It can take time >6 mos, but you aren't buying the place. Just asking yourself "Can I grow here"? If you are really having a tough time presenting the illusion of conformed employment, maybe a '420 friendly' landlord might be up your ally (they'll post as such in their description). No need to explain shit. Just probably pay a little more.

Or, go rural, CASH is KING in the country...Especially those old run down farm houses.

K

kolah

Welcome Tex...lots of texas folks coming to CO lately. Just be careful tooling around in your car in the first winter. I'm headed back to CO after a very short and shitty "vacation" in the AZ desert.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I will be moving up there in November. Can't wait to be legal!!!!

We will be in the Denver area for business reasons. I would rather be in the mountains, but you gotta make a living right? :)

sky high

sky high

there are good (6 figure) jobs up here as well. Just gotta possess the qualifications and education to step in the door...like anywhere else. In fact, there's a shit ton of money under the surface in the resort areas. Again, it just depends what you do.
We've sure done OK. No way I could do the Denver/traffic thing after 30 years up here.

But being from Misery myself originally.... Denver is a huge step up! Good luck with the move

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Denver proper, or Denver Metro?
Denver is a fun town. Plenty of stuff to do no matter your budget, as long as you seek it. If you're a drinker, locate yourself near the light-rail, bus line or affordable Taxi....Driving over on your way back to Highlands Ranch every night, is a good way to get a DUI. Denver is often voted 'Drunkest City' in US. I'm sure they have the DUI count to match. Good thing in Denver is with all the other assholes on the road, you usually have to do something pretty SPECTACULAR to get pulled over....Or DWB through Cherry Creek :)

Ofcourse bigger houses in the suburbs than in the city.

C

Clayton Bigsby

Fellow Texan here....GET THE HELL OUT OF PUEBLO! That place sucks!

as far as renting places....we just print out our bank statement. If you don't have a good chunk of change they are easy to forge at a library. All ya need is a printer, scissors, clear tape and youre gravy.

GET THE HELL OUT OF NEW MEXICO and MOVE TO COLORADO!!!!!!!!! lol

G

gettogro

be sure to come to breckenridge and forget how to merge on us 9 from frisco and flick me off because you didnt see that the LEFT lane ends, drive around the round a bout aimlessly and point at the big mountain, and come to fatty's and order a bowl of ranch with a side of pizza. Welcome :)
I am a transplant myself and love it here
I didnt read the thread but thought id be a smart ass,

C

Clayton Bigsby

haha! well said.....man that lady in breck with the food cart deal, right when you get into downtown(think its got a horse on it) has a grilled cheese pulled pork sandwich...holy hell that place is good! Ill be out bombin breck again this snowboard season. Fun mountain...Loveland will always be home but brecks fun.

be sure to come to breckenridge and forget how to merge on us 9 from frisco and flick me off because you didnt see that the LEFT lane ends, drive around the round a bout aimlessly and point at the big mountain, and come to fatty's and order a bowl of ranch with a side of pizza. Welcome :)
I am a transplant myself and love it here
I didnt read the thread but thought id be a smart ass,

S

SMOKE-ONE

Sorry for not updating this thread.Ive got good news and bad news.I found a decent house,with an awesome landlord.The badnews is my girlfriend lost/threw away my entire seed collection.Luckily I met up with a local thcfarmer who hooked me up with some smoke and seeds,which was a real lifesaver!!!!! I jus need to figure out how to survive until my 1st harvest lol.looks like im a lil over budget haha

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Im glad you found a place with a cool landlord, do you mind if I ask how you went about it. Thanks

ttystikk

ttystikk

Where did you end up settling? We have Farmers everywhere... lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
HUGE problem out here, Dopegeist. People keep an eye on foreclosures, then move to take them over and rent them out during the interim between the homeowner's move-out and the bank's takeover. Lots of renters have ended up in a really bad situation because of that sort of thing. The more foreclosures, the worse the problem seems to be.

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Texas transplant to CO here as well. I looked around in Pueblo and a few other areas before making my decision. Be careful in Pueblo! Lots of poverty/thievery. Keep your smells from getting out.
After checking out many places, I decided on Denver just due to the availability of being anonymous and availability of jobs. I am renting, but once a few rounds are under my belt here I am going to be purchasing a place on a mountainside.

Top Bottom