• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Have you had good customer service in our industry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well I started buying CAP products about 8 years ago and none have broken. Well I was having issues with my CO2 and it turned out to be my CAP Greenhouse controller. So I go and look it up on line and I bought it 5 years ago. Warranty is 3 years, so I called them and sent the stuff off, sent the CO2 Logic controller to be calibrated also. Well a week later I get a package delivered. My controller was fixed, they replaced some parts and they sent me a new CO2 controller, get the fuck out NEW. My total cost ZERO, nothing!!!

I am a happy customer and that does not happen very often. My stuff was out of warranty by 2 years. I have no problems recommending them.

Peace all

Natural

Natural

I use a CAP load controller...it works. They use cheap parts (one can build a better one)..but they must have great product testing..cause they last and last.
BUT
Their Next Gen digital ballasts and their 1000 watt Digilux HPS bulbs are total crap. They have a long way to go with those. Some are very happy..but most are very disappointed.

souf69

souf69

Woods, I have a fuzzy logic controller that needs a new humidity control knob,and a calibration. Glad to hear it was easy going, as I am bout to send mine off. I have Nexgen G watts and they have worked great so far.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I use a CAP load controller...it works. They use cheap parts (one can build a better one)..but they must have great product testing..cause they last and last.
BUT
Their Next Gen digital ballasts and their 1000 watt Digilux HPS bulbs are total crap. They have a long way to go with those. Some are very happy..but most are very disappointed.

Growers are generally a cheep bunch so price point is very important, so the cheap parts are here to stay. It's not always reflected in the final price to you and me.

Natural

Natural

Growers are generally a cheep bunch so price point is very important, so the cheap parts are here to stay. It's not always reflected in the final price to you and me.

Very true...seems I'm always investing in this hobby one way or another though. I bought the controller cause it was quicker than ordering the parts and building my own and I needed it quick. About to put it on full capacity..we shall see how it goes!
Good luck with your new CAP GC!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have a few CAP bits and to my knowledge most are working and the rest are in storage.

From a larger perspective- the whole point of buying automation is peace of mind, so it only makes sense to buy the best possible gear.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I love most stuff cap

I will say I hate their brand of smart pots, seem like their made of crappy old t shirts instead of the thicker stuff everybody else uses

Had one of their bulbs blow up

A lot of the rasta Bob stuff is cheap and works well

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Can anybody school me a little bit on their climate controllers? Thanks a lot :)

sixstring

sixstring

I voted yes and I love bacon;)

I have a few controllers and fan temp and speed controllers and they all work great.im also running 8 of the nextgen 600 and 2 nano 600.a few of these nextgens are going on 5 years now.i had 1 go bad early on and they sent me a new one overnight with no questions and a label to ship the bad one back.that was 4 years ago and I have not had to call them since. I also run the digilux in most of my tubes and love em.would definitely recommend cap to friends and have.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Wow that would be surprising if true TK they just built a 20 million plus tiltup building in perris ca a few years back and i was told it was all paid cash.They also own discount hydro in riverside ca. one of the biggest retailers in the US,I think R and M were the initials of a man and his wife so maybe a divorce or something along those lines?They own ALOT of different brands.I did hear rumor of a few shops trying to boycott them recently,dont know why.
http://www.randmsupply.com/------http://www.discount-hydro.com/

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Just heard it today, they were notifying retail stores...owed alot of folks

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Just a thought but maybe they sucked all the money out of the company,built up a ton of debt and now will file bankruptcy and get out of paying all their bills and start with a clean slate?Isnt that what smart (greedy) corporations do nowadays?lol.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Just heard it today, they were notifying retail stores...owed alot of folks

Yup TK is in the know. R&M is folding and there products, service and warranty are being taken over by another company. Could not tell me who it was. Everything should be back to normal in 2 to 3 weeks but there will no longer be any R&M inc.

Bummer :bawling:

stay tuned

washburn4life

washburn4life

I think Its a good thing I herd it yesterday too. CAP makes shitty products compared to what Ive seen with Titian(Sunlight Supply) and Autopilot(Hydro Farm) I really like autopilot I think they make good stuff but there new so will see how they last

Latest posts

Top Bottom