C.A.P XGC-1E Vs. Sentinel CHHC-1

• Thread starter paperplane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

s3cr3ts3rv1c3

Wow, no love for the CAP..I have a CAP XGC-1E w/Fuzzy logic, and it works great(once you get it to learn your environment. Which may take a day and 2 test runs). I never have had any problems with it for the 18months of continueious use. I have had problems(twice) with a ballast(Nextgen 1000watt, once was my fault..I forced a hot restart, and blow the ballast, and bulb), and CAP Customer service was great. Sent me a replacement right away. Once overnight delivery for free because I was is the last 2 weeks of flowering. I use CO2 gas tanks, but have had a burner before and it worked fine(just to hot for my set-up at the time..planning on getting a burner for the cold months[as cold as it can get in Los Angeles/SFV], and using CO2 in the warmer/hot months..When I do get a burner it will most likely be the hydrogen(like stated in an above post)....It sounds like the Sentinel is a good product(from the above posts) so if the prices are similar you cant loss out on getting either one..

hey vonwolfen

i just received my controller xgc 1e a couple days and plugged it in. the digital scale was almost at 3000ppm. this is obviously completely wrong. i left it plugged in my tent for the last 24 hours and noticed the ppm has now dropped to about 1000ppm. in your posting you said that your controller worked great after it learned your enviroment. did you too experience this out of wack reading when you first plugged the controller in? i figured you would give me an experienced opinion. after reading this post my heart sunk and i figured i should have bought the sentinal

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Did you run the "auto" function*? ...Where the unit test the environment it is in, and makes a "fuzzy" evaluation of how much CO2 gas is needed to get "your" set point(1000-1500 is best). Its in the manual that came with the unit....Sorry I didn't get much sleep so this reply might be fuzzy as well. If you need I can dig up my manual, and give you the correct names, and procedure...When I run the test(I do it once before every grow) I get reading all over the place(ie 50-5000ppm). So if thats what is happening dont worry it is the fuzzy logic determining the amount of CO2 to pump, and the rate to pump it....Also I use CO@ gas..not a burner..If you are using a burner your experience my vary, but its basically the same process.
Also its a CAP instrument, and CAP has excellent customer service. So on the off chance it is broken they are REALLY good about replacing stuff.

PS After I bought the unit I had to run the test 3-4 times(was a little unhappy at the waste of CO2)to get it stable. Partly my fault on the first test since I had an exhaust fan plug in..;(..lol..Worked great since then.

* not the correct name for if it.

Top Bottom