C02 acidification in UC

• Thread starter mountaineer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Should someone wish to buy co2 bottles anonymously - a purely hypothetical situation, how would someone do this? What’s the standard way around this?

Intense

Intense

I see where you’re coming from. Different from state to state. My local gas supplier requires ID for purposes of recovering missing bottles..should the go missing. You’re renting yeah? Then forget that. Buy your own bottles, you will need at least 2 or 3 for periods between refill, then go to your local home-brew shop and get refill. If you already have a beer gut then no questions asked haha

O

oldnbold

That would be a heck of a lot of beer one person is making. I go through 2 50lb bottles every 5 days, but I have an account, I’m not paranoid about this..

mountaineer

mountaineer

Ok looks like I was overthinking it. From what people have said here, as long as I'm running the system right, it shouldn't be an issue?

Purpz

Purpz

Should someone wish to buy co2 bottles anonymously - a purely hypothetical situation, how would someone do this? What’s the standard way around this?

Just go to a different home brew shop every other time and break it up a bit, or go to a fire station, they have compressed co2 don't they?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
a couple of years ago i had a room free and ran a test. i completely sealed the room. i put a dwc system in it with 130 gallons of water and the air pump installed inside the room . . . i began with the room CO2 at 200ppm and the water in the system at 6.2 pH. i increased CO2 to 750 ppm and the pH of the water decreased to 6.0. it remained stable there for a few hours. i then increased the room CO2 to 1,500 ppm. interestingly, the pH in the water only decreased to 5.95 and stabilized there. this suggested that graphing the relationship between CO2 levels and system pH would result in a curve. it also suggested that having the air pump inside the room would not result in major pH issues. i currently prefer to have the pump inside the room to avoid the air pressure issues that were previously mentioned.

neverbreak

neverbreak

forget co2 tablets n all the gimmicks. ya need to regulate co2 if ya wanna get any type of result. ppm should be between 1200-1500. don’t need the gas on at night. increased temps will facilitate the explosive growth. be warned, co2 is a dark art. if ya don’t have the room, lightin or climate control to handle increased metabolism of the plants, yer efforts will be wasted. do what the big tomato or strawberry growers do n u will be rewarded with yields that finish quicker n are up to a third larger.

neverbreak

LordVane

LordVane

When it comes down to co2 unless you’re a big timer player you’re better of without the fuck around and just sticking in an extra light for the same results. Trust me been there done it not worth it. IMHO.

Intense

Intense

I have to agree. CO2 is not for the hobbyist or med patient. Leave it for the big boys.

mountaineer

mountaineer

I respect your opinion, but I am no where near that size, but CO2 is clearly my best option.

Intense

Intense

Really? Why don’t you just put in an extra light or 2 instead?

mountaineer

mountaineer

Maxed out with light, any more in there and I’ll fry the bitches. I’m limited purely by space. That’s why it’s worth it. Just working out the best way to implement it.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

I’m looking into getting a Tongdy Controller. Anyone use one of these before?

Top Bottom