C02, any cheap options?

• Thread starter greenbastards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenbastards

Hey everyone. I've never tried c02 yet..... I got a 10x10 going and i have friends that get great results using a burner. but i was wondering if anyone has any other cheaper options than a burner or tanks?? I've read up a bit on the c02 boost and other bag crap... But haven't heard any good things yet? Has anyone ever used any of those cheaper options and gotten good results?

Suggestions?

:banana1sv6:

deacon1503

deacon1503

Cheapest commercially available way would be a co2 boost bucket.

S

shift00420

I have used co2boost buckets with limited success. first off the buckets are only good
for 90 days from the time they were produced & you dont know when that was. they don't put a born on date or anything. your best bet is to save up some coin & get a regulator & co2 tank hooked to a timer. it was the best $$$ i ever spent. makes the buds nice and tight & my plants finish earlier also.
Shift

S

smokestack23

Yeah..I bought a hydrofarm COSYS2 new on eBay a few months ago for like 100 bucks. Came with reg, flow meter, solenoid, timer and hoses.

I saw some on ebay last night..minus the timer for like 90 bucks.
To buy a full bottle is like $35 from the coke distributor.
Pretty hard to beat that.

You can also find water cooled CO2 generators...oops..I mean tankless propane or natural gas water heaters on ebay for just over a hundred bucks too. But..I suppose with a burner you need a monitor to know how much that thing is putting in the room and THOSE can get pricey.

G

greenbastards

Thanks for the input. I think i found my option. My local hydro shop, just got these c02 pucks in... Called excellofizz or something. They were only 4$ a puck, so i bought just a couple. He said they would bring the ppm's around 2000 in a 10x10 with one puck... I'm looking forward to trying it.. Certainly was cheap...

Maybe after this nextt crop i'll be able to afford some tank's but it will just be the pucks for now! Anyone ever use these things before?

S

smokestack23

Yeah but how long will a puck last? Wouldnt it be gone in a day? That's pretty pricey.

You can get CO2 cakes or pucks at a lot of places that might be cheaper. Is there much sportfishing where you live? If so sporting goods stores or bait shops might have em. they're great for transporting fish.

PEACE

W

White Widower

I've used the excellofizz pucks before. They work alright but one does only release co2 for 8 hours, so they can get a little pricey after a while. Now I use a sugar yeast and water mixture that's cheaper and lasts longer and seems to work just as good. I have no way of measuring co2 levels in my room so I really can't say what's better.

P

Pollen Chucker

Hey everyone. I've never tried c02 yet..... I got a 10x10 going and i have friends that get great results using a burner. but i was wondering if anyone has any other cheaper options than a burner or tanks?? I've read up a bit on the c02 boost and other bag crap... But haven't heard any good things yet? Has anyone ever used any of those cheaper options and gotten good results?

Suggestions?

:banana1sv6:

grow in your bedroom, the CO2 from your respiration will supplement the plants. or brew beer/kombucha/anything. All ferments will release CO2 and you can make drinks at the same time.

G

greenbastards

Hey white widower, thanks for the home recipe.... I'll have to try that one. Well the pucks are working great. Little pricy, but its a cheap fix for now until i can afford a tank.

Thanks for all the info!

W

White Widower

4 cups sugar, 2 tsp yeast, in a 1 gal jug of water. The yeast contains living organisms that consume the sugar and release co2 as a by product. Co2 is heavier than air so I ran plastic tubing up and even with the canopy so the co2 drifts down on the plants.

Top Bottom