C02 Enrichment Cost ?

• Thread starter Medicalneeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medicalneeds

About to roll with a new growroom and would really like to run it sealed . Running 2k of light on vented hoods with a 7000 window ac installed. Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of bottled co2 released at 1500 ppm for a 6x12x8 room. Also with a sealed room can i expect to keep the smell down ? Will i still need to scrub ?

Keep it green !

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

IMO co2 is not the answer. Know a guy that has been doing this over 2 decade, he is getting over 2ps per lamp.

you will go threw bottles pritty fast. maybe a 50lb tank every few days. if your in a basement the co2 will not sink out easy.

Scrubber, dehumidifier, and AC will be a must.
Heat will be a small problem still.

Keep it simple, vent the extra air and water out and a fan blowing in natural co2.

M

Medicalneeds

I just really wanted to go with a sealed room. Was hoping with a sealed room i could eliminate odors to outside . Last round i vented to the attic , fan pulling through vented hoods with the intake from inside the room . Intake>hoods>fan> attic . You could smell the dank. This time more plants and larger area so was hoping a sealed room with c02 would be the ticket.

S

SoCaler

My tent is 8X8X7 I go through 1 20# bottle a week, $18 a week.
You will need a dehumidifier and should have ventilation and a scrubber.

Good Luck

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Your going to need a AC and a dehumidifer. also some way to dial all this stuff in. I got a bad nose so most of the time my visitors think i been smokeing a fat one all day. c02 sink also. because your up high your going to have a problem holding the gas you spent on inside. You can also use a co2 burner witch only adds more heat and water in the air. Depends on how complex you want to go my man.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Nobodynobody said:
you will go threw bottles pritty fast. maybe a 50lb tank every few days. if your in a basement the co2 will not sink out easy.
Your room is not sealed well or you got to have a huge room to go through a 50lb tank ever 2-3 days. Something seems off.

I use a tank about every 7-10 days, sometimes may make it a little longer. $18-25 a week depending on where you live. 10x11x8 room + closet.

example: 8 weeks x $ 20 = $160.00. Let say your yield is normally 1lb per light then maybe you get 20% more w c02. that about a oz more for each lb. So the return on your investment is recouped. 2 oz would cost me more than $160.00 so it is worth it to me. c02 usually gets me more than 20% more as long as everything is dialed.

I usually go 1000ppm in early flower, boost up to 12-1500 early/mid. then go back to 1000 late flower and down to 500ppm for ripening. So if you go that route it saves some $$ and c02 and works great.

Yes you do need a ac and dehumifier. I find I can get away without a dehumidifier about the 1st month of flower but is mainly needed for nighttime rh. Can spoke when light go off, especially when flowers are developed and they start to heavily transpire.

C

c4NN4daze

Lead's my dude on this one guys. HATS OFF!!!! Thanks Lead. I have pictures of an enclosed garden. Check out my pics and read the description. Hope it helps. Happy Harvest, C D

B

bluegrass

I am about to do a 1400 watt run and wanted to run some co2 in a 10x10x8 sealed room. The only thing I was worried about was air conditioning, I have my ballasts relocated out of the room. I wonder if I can get away with it? :( I hate air conditioning ughhhh

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I dont have a co2 set up, was guessing off my other set up i saw with his numbers and he has 10ft high rooms. I am doing an exchange and still making plans to put an mini split. Also the RH% keep going up every year too. Something we have to face.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Lead's my dude on this one guys. HATS OFF!!!! Thanks Lead. I have pictures of an enclosed garden. Check out my pics and read the description. Hope it helps. Happy Harvest, C D

Thanks, I try. My intention is to help by providing facts based on experience.

I am about to do a 1400 watt run and wanted to run some co2 in a 10x10x8 sealed room. The only thing I was worried about was air conditioning, I have my ballasts relocated out of the room. I wonder if I can get away with it? :( I hate air conditioning ughhhh

Doubt it.

I dont have a co2 set up, was guessing off my other set up i saw with his numbers and he has 10ft high rooms. I am doing an exchange and still making plans to put an mini split. Also the RH% keep going up every year too. Something we have to face.

Guessing? That is not a great way to provide solid advice. Props for owning up to it.

C

ClimateControl

If your looking

If your looking for any ductless mini split deals, hit me up. The in here to save farming community tons of money!:character0029:

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

sealed room is the way to go. I tried to do that but not sure I did it right. My advice is if you want to seal up the room invest in a mini split forsure. I didn`t do enough research on a/c and bought a 2 duct portable unit that is intaking and exhausting. So its not sealed I could of used that 600 bucks towards a split and have 100% sealed room. Smell is totally controlled by the carbon filter. These things are Bomb man back in the late 80`s early 90`s smell was a HUGE issue for me anyways. My pad always smelled like dank no matter how many air fresheners and open hidden bottles of lysol every where. It just made the pad smell clean and green. When I started growing my own meds earlier this year. I haven`t had a grow in 17 years and didn`t know anything about these filters. Man what a great investment. Piece Of Mind bro.The only time it smells is on harvest and trim day. I can deal with that I hope any of this helps piece T

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

oh ya I forgot to add,take a look at how far you will have to go to get the co2. You will prolly have to go atleast once a week. If its a lil out of the way than you might want to get 2 20lb bottles or a 50 lb if you don`t mind lug n that around. If your room is dialed in you won`t want to run out even for a night. You will see a huge jump in growth at least this is my experiance. My first run back nothing was dialed in seen no jump in growth. Next run got everything dialed in and wow what a differance. A dehumidifier is a must. Like lead said rh spikes when the lights go off. This leads to big problems if not controlled. When I got my room dialed in w/co2 everthing went up,plants drink more,release more water,higher rh,growth and my time in the room trying to keep things under control,moving,tying,plucking,pinching what ever I feel I need to do. I could cut down on all that w/less veg time and less strains. I run several different strains. What I`m saying be ready to put alot of time in there once you get it dialed good luck T

Latest posts

Top Bottom