C02 enrichment

• Thread starter sleppy89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sleppy89

Alot of people I talk to say that yo definetly have to have C02 enrichment in your garden. But then again there are also some people that don't. My question is would you consider C02 enrichment like with a C02 tank or generator a nesecity in your garden for good crop or can you go without it and still get good results? Any and all feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks:bubblez:

420Gator

420Gator

you dont have to have it, make sure you have good air circulation if not. plants have been growing outdoors for years without any CO2 enhancement

L

LEBDOG

This one goes to 11

C02 will get you that little extra push to 11 on the volume dial. If you are cool with 10, it's not a big deal.

S

seabass212

i just added co2 to my room. i have been working with the same strain for 2 yrs and let me tell you how happy you will be. I have never seen nuggets swell so much in the last 2 yrs

420Gator

420Gator

how much increse in yield do you expect to see? 10%? more/less?

D

dican01

you don't NEED extra co2. it's bad for the environment and expensive to set up and run. you can get amazing results without adding co2.
on that note. i will be moving to high elevation soon (7000 feet) and i am thinking i might need to supplement co2 just to get it the same as sea level. anyone with any experience growing at high altitudes?

L

LEBDOG

That seems about right, I have a friend with 2 rooms where 1 was C02 and another wasn't. It was hard to say what the true increase was, but to the quick observer, the swell of the nugs was noticeably fatter. This time I have done 3 things right in my grow, but having C02 throughout hasn't let me down to say the least...

Plus I like running C02 specifically because the plants can handle a higher ppm without stressing. That's huge to me! Any stress you can remove from your garden lets the plants just do their thing without disturbance. I find that pumping up the nutes as per the schedule's I have used it almost too fast for the plants (especially in early veg). I find that the C02 really assists in giving the plants what they need to handle this smoothly.

S

seabass212

same plants same room same feed.
without co2- most i got per plant was 56 grams
with co2- Im exceeding 84 grams.
same veg time for those who are wondering.

You have to keep in mind that most people that tell you they are running co2 probably arent maximizing the use of it. all of your side lateral nugs will almost double in size, and for people to tell you that its not that much of an increase is nutts.

420Gator

420Gator

same plants same room same feed.
without co2- most i got per plant was 56 grams
with co2- Im exceeding 84 grams.
same veg time for those who are wondering.

You have to keep in mind that most people that tell you they are running co2 probably arent maximizing the use of it. all of your side lateral nugs will almost double in size, and for people to tell you that its not that much of an increase is nutts.

youve got me interested enough to try it next run

D

DaWiz

you don't NEED extra co2. it's bad for the environment and expensive to set up and run. you can get amazing results without adding co2.
on that note. i will be moving to high elevation soon (7000 feet) and i am thinking i might need to supplement co2 just to get it the same as sea level. anyone with any experience growing at high altitudes?

Where do you think OXYGEN comes from???? No Co2+No Plants=NO OXYGEN!!! Ive ran tanks and burners if you run tanks on a timer with out a monitor to keep the room at a steady level then you probably have never seen the real growth from 1500 ppm Co2 enrichment!! Outside air is anywhere from 350 ppm to 900 ppm depending on where you live!! If you want to grow boulders:character0029: instead of nugs you'll use
Co2!!!

D

dican01

Where do you think OXYGEN comes from???? No Co2+No Plants=NO OXYGEN!!! Ive ran tanks and burners if you run tanks on a timer with out a monitor to keep the room at a steady level then you probably have never seen the real growth from 1500 ppm Co2 enrichment!! Outside air is anywhere from 350 ppm to 900 ppm depending on where you live!! If you want to grow boulders:character0029: instead of nugs you'll use
Co2!!!

why are you talking about oxygen? you lost me there. plants grow fine without co2 enrichment. have you been outside recently? you make it seem that you can't grow good plants without co2 tanks/burners and that is just not true.
i am sure it helps, and from what i see, it seems to be 10-20 percent increase in yield. but getting a co2 setup and getting tanks refilled monthly isn't cheap. in fact, it is downright expensive.
isn't growing indoors expensive enough? i have done just fine without co2 tanks/burners. the only reason i am looking into it is because i am moving to the mountains in a couple of weeks and i know co2 levels are lower at high elevations.

D

DaWiz

why are you talking about oxygen? you lost me there. plants grow fine without co2 enrichment. have you been outside recently? you make it seem that you can't grow good plants without co2 tanks/burners and that is just not true.
i am sure it helps, and from what i see, it seems to be 10-20 percent increase in yield. but getting a co2 setup and getting tanks refilled monthly isn't cheap. in fact, it is downright expensive.
isn't growing indoors expensive enough? i have done just fine without co2 tanks/burners. the only reason i am looking into it is because i am moving to the mountains in a couple of weeks and i know co2 levels are lower at high elevations.
(you lost me there)
That wasnt very hard!! You said Co2 was bad for the invironment!!! Co2 is enriched in the air already & yes plants grow fine with out it because its still in the air!!!:mooning If you dont need it then what would it matter if your at high altitudes or not?? Why dont you move where your going & test the air with out enrichment too see where the starting levels is!! :icon_dizzy: How can you even have any opinion or advice about something you have never tried!!

420Gator

420Gator

its like an athlete breathing oxygen on the sideline. hell do fine without it but why not take advantage??

D

dican01

(you lost me there)
That wasnt very hard!! You said Co2 was bad for the invironment!!! Co2 is enriched in the air already & yes plants grow fine with out it because its still in the air!!!:mooning If you dont need it then what would it matter if your at high altitudes or not?? Why dont you move where your going & test the air with out enrichment too see where the starting levels is!! :icon_dizzy: How can you even have any opinion or advice about something you have never tried!!

greenhouse gases. have you heard of global warming? do your research man. you are either misunderstanding or misquoting me. look at my previous posts. maybe your bad english is the problem here.
i never said that plants don't need co2 (why would i say something like that? seriously. look at my posts). i said that you (the grower) don't have to add co2. that is all.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Dican, I read your posts and i agree that plants will grow fine without the additional CO2 but they will grow even better with it. Although, i still haven't purchased a CO2 set up yet, so i'm not sure on how much better they will grow.

But as for global warming and greenhouse gases, I'm not sure you have the full picture here. Global warming is not caused mearly by CO2 and the amount of CO2 a grower (or for ALL growers combined) uses that doesn't get consumed by the plants and goes out into the atmosphere is tiny. Especially when compared to what the industiral world is emitting daily. For example, In that recent Iceland Volcano eruption there were predicted to be about 150,000 tons of CO2 released PER DAY by the volcano. That's a lot of CO2. BUT, that number was dwarfed by the amount of CO2 emissions NOT being released due to all the airplanes being grounded. The amount of grounded airlines would have emitted about 345,000 tons of CO2 PER DAY.

So with all that said adding 1200 parts per million of CO2 to a grow room is doing nothing to aid global warming.

M

MASSES 420KING

co2 is the bomb if used correctly if you want to see with out spending more then 5 -10 buks depending on the size of your room grab a 5 gallon bucket and lid fill the bucket up 1/3rd of the way with room temp water drop 5-10 cups yeast and 2lbs sugar in put on lid and close drill a hole big enough to fit a fish tank hose in there cut hose at 4 feet make a loop add 2-6 drops water in fish line [so you can see co2 leaving hose through the bubbles in hose water ] and there you go ghetto what i know but it works man

deacon1503

deacon1503

I just got a CO2 Boost bucket to try out with my UC. Any one used one before? Im growing in an open 1000 sq ft. basement so Im not even close to being sealed but Im aware that this bucket will not get me to 1500 ppms. It does come with some 1/4" line and some tee's so Ill be running the lines along the frame of my trellis netting with the tees and pigtails dropping the CO2 right over each plant. Best i can do for now since this is a one time deal for this harvest then on to a bigger facility.

Since i wont have anything to compare the harvest too, guess we'll just see how the girls do!

D

dican01

Dican, I read your posts and i agree that plants will grow fine without the additional CO2 but they will grow even better with it. Although, i still haven't purchased a CO2 set up yet, so i'm not sure on how much better they will grow.

But as for global warming and greenhouse gases, I'm not sure you have the full picture here. Global warming is not caused mearly by CO2 and the amount of CO2 a grower (or for ALL growers combined) uses that doesn't get consumed by the plants and goes out into the atmosphere is tiny. Especially when compared to what the industiral world is emitting daily. For example, In that recent Iceland Volcano eruption there were predicted to be about 150,000 tons of CO2 released PER DAY by the volcano. That's a lot of CO2. BUT, that number was dwarfed by the amount of CO2 emissions NOT being released due to all the airplanes being grounded. The amount of grounded airlines would have emitted about 345,000 tons of CO2 PER DAY.

So with all that said adding 1200 parts per million of CO2 to a grow room is doing nothing to aid global warming.

yeah, you bring up a good point, and i know you are right. i think i just want to give myself excuses not to spend a thousand dollars for a co2 setup.
i know there are benefits to adding co2. your plants can take more light and handle higher temperature/humidity. faster growth and 10-20 percent increase in yield.
seems like everyone has good things to say about adding co2. i guess i will see because i am going to be running co2 for the first time next month. hope it is worth the investment.
thanks for all the input guys.

Top Bottom