C02 in a bag! does it work???

• Thread starter blazer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazer

blazer

Purchased a bag of co2 producing fungus.wondering if there with the investment ($35) and if they produce enough co2 or is just good marketing.supposed to be good for 4-6 plants got that small 7 x 5 sealed room.has anybody measured ppm of c02 they can put out.seems to good to be true for us small grows! Thanks for any input!:stonedsmilie:
010512075316.jpg

backpackballer

backpackballer

i have 10 hanging in my 8'x8'x20 gro space with about a 1400ppm they work amazingly well. i hang them from the ceiling in mesh bags.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I was lookin at that stuff a few weeks ago.. I almost got some 2 try out but I run my vent fan on 24/7 so I didn't get any cuz I figured I'd b wasting it..

dankworth

dankworth

You could get more weight by taking the money and buying something else. Just save towards a sealed room or something.

blazer

blazer

Bpb those are some impressive numbers there that what l like to know how many people actually tried it what results it gave. I was In same boat sounds just to good to be true so I said for under $40 I can try it at least can't do no harm may even help if it works. would imagine it would get sucked out quick with exhaust fan makingoo I would imagine these would have a slow recovery time just trying to hold out till I buy a co2 controller room is sealed already!

skunky nugz

skunky nugz

Those co2 bags actually work pretty good for tents as long as your air cooled. I remember the days when i first started growing using yeast to create co2. My yields were my highest ever but it was mainly strain related.. ~nugz

backpackballer

backpackballer

these things cost 15$ if you know the right peeps, they last for six months and are gonna kill it in my greeny next season they will last for 6 months.

blazer

blazer

Ya figured could find online cheaper our hydro shops have a hell of a mark up was getting some nutes when I saw theese and decided to try out! Thanks for the input. Anybody else have experience with theese?

JohnGalt

JohnGalt

I was always wondering how to control the amount of co2 with this method. I'd use it to boost the amount of co2 but deff not use it as a primary source in a sealed room. As far as the cost effectiveness of the bags I'm no so sure.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

In a tent you can simply turn on the outlet fans to lower the C02 levels. We tested these and the first couple bags we got worked VERY well and in a 4x4x8 foot tent, about 4 bags kept C02 levels at 1200 plus PPM.

SO 3 months later we order again and this 2nd time around we did not get near the same levels as the first time we used them.

Overall I would say it is a gamble and the product is not consistent, if you happen to get good "fresh" and "new" bags that have spores that will multiply and grow inside the bag which is what produces the gas, you will like them. But you might get some lemons as we did......

D

DMR

Look, the co2 bags do work, well most of the time.
With anything in nature, there's a set cycle, this includes fungus growth.
Here lies the problem with Co2 bags, once they start decomposing there's a small window of use.
Once the window closes , that's it, no more Co2. And they don't tell you when they were bagged so, every time you buy one?, it's a crap shoot at best the bag you just bought is still emitting.
I've bought them 3 times. First time 10, pushed my room to 1400ppm, which was great since the room size is 9x12. However the last two times I bought the same bags and quantity, they barely got the same room to 800ppm, wasn't thrilled with the results. So, as I said it's a gamble.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

these things cost 15$ if you know the right peeps, they last for six months and are gonna kill it in my greeny next season they will last for 6 months.
Where can I get them for $15? I've been paying $60 for the XL.

Top Bottom