C02 level at 4500, good or naw ?

• Thread starter Zoneshityee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi all, I was wondering if there is too much c02 and if anyone has experimented with this ? I just start running c02 at 4500 and wondered if there is toxicity and what that would look like ??

C02 level at 4500 good or naw
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Yeah I've been told 1500PPM is about the max you want to cruise at. Even then that's usually during flower too, IIRC.

steamroller

steamroller

If you are not dialed in 100% over 1200 is waste.
If you are dialed in which means being at 3X light and 3X nutrient then maybe upto 2000.
The excess CO2 will not be taken up properly without balancing the other 2 dynamics.
You can start around 47 mins in.CO2 is right after Umols.

What is that meter? I don't recognize it.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I have not seen that video, what an incredible resource.

Bugbee's take on CO2 is also interesting as well.

Ponky

Ponky

It's too much. 2200 or less. However high levels as high as 10 000 ppm can be used to kill insects on some crops for up to 6 weeks. Without harming the plants. So. They're best at 2200 or less. But could probably tolerate more for quite some time.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

It's too much. 2200 or less. However high levels as high as 10 000 ppm can be used to kill insects on some crops for up to 6 weeks. Without harming the plants. So. They're best at 2200 or less. But could probably tolerate more for quite some time.
where are you getting the 2200 from?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

The highest level a plant can handle. Primordial earth. And that's the amount we ran 20 years ago. With burners.
there are a lot of parameters the plant can handle but you wont get optimal growth , i stand with the science.

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Great video, watched it before, just wondered if anyone has actually tested for theirs elves. Seems like ponky did, could you verify ?? Leaves started mutation?? Was it kinda like this mutation??

20230111 204933
Ponky

Ponky

Great video, watched it before, just wondered if anyone has actually tested for theirs elves. Seems like ponky did, could you verify ?? Leaves started mutation?? Was it kinda like this mutation??
If you over do it. You get thick weird leaves. Sometimes color looks weird. Diminished yield. There's a sweet spot for your lights and food. And DWC or not. But since they're plants they're able to keep growing. I would use nice sensors and bottled CO2. And good airflow. I'd start in the 1300 to 1500 range. And possibly go higher. But I prefer fresh air for a smaller space. As it's easier to control. A large sealed AC grow with CO2 turns into a lot of risks.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Too many variables to say xxx is too much. Something as simple as switching to hydro over soil will double the acceptable CO2. O2 in the root zone is key. Too much co2 in the atmosphere can cause lower o2 in the roots. Can cause ph issues. But there is a fix for all of that it is just a balancing act.

If your VPD is not on point along with the rest of your grow co2 becomes kinda irrelevant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom