C02 with a hair dryer?

• Thread starter BUDA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Farts generate co2 but I would not use that either.The money to fire off a 1.5K hair dryer you could have the best co2 sys. But I do not know if it works chemically. JK

B

bicycle racer

there is no combustion of a fuel only heating through electrical means so i would think no c02 is produced by a standard hair dryer.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah i dont think you would get anything more than hot air out the blow dryer. and how do you plan on using it? just blowing hot air onto the plants or what?

J

Jalisco Kid

The heat may strip off the N giving you more co2 ppm(?) but still useless.

M

Malachi

Use regular bread yeast, sugar and warm water ... fermintation releases small amounts of Co2 for like 2 weeks at a time.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Use regular bread yeast, sugar and warm water ... fermintation releases small amounts of Co2 for like 2 weeks at a time.

What are the risks (if any) of introducing yeast to your garden?

M

Malachi

LOL, nothing AF you keep the mixture in a bottle and run an air-tight tube out of the top and place it somewhere near the top of your grow room. Shake the mixture once every few days to stir it up. The yeast doesn't escape , only the Co2

R

Radio_Dread

yeah thats what i use in my tent. 2 2 liter bottles with yeast, sugar and warm water. and yes it last 2 weeks.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

LOL, nothing AF you keep the mixture in a bottle and run an air-tight tube out of the top and place it somewhere near the top of your grow room. Shake the mixture once every few days to stir it up. The yeast doesn't escape , only the Co2

so the key is to mix the stuff outside the garden, I guess. I have a pretty nice CO2 system I run in warmer weather, but I have patients that want to introduce it to closet grows. Thanks for the tip(s).

B

BUDA

Thank you for the input you guys. I bought one of those CO2 Boost systems with the replacable buckets? I like the out put and 1 bucket last for 3 months. I will try the yeast, sugar and warm water thing in the future.

Buda

C

Cordell

I did the yeast bit and it worked though I did have to replace the sugar every so often and split off a new bottle . Use tanks now

B

Boots Sugarleaf

JK rarely makes a funny but that was a damn good one...thanks for the chuckle

anyway, yeah, on the cheap and easy make a home brewer with yeast, warm water, and molasses in a 5 gallon bucket beer brew set up, it works just fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom