• Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi,what is the ideal air temperature for co2? and also RH

Cheers

N

Northwest Skunk

Your plants will metabolize higher levels of co2 more efficiently with higher temps of 82 to 85f.

I personally max my co2 at 1500ppm with my plant canopy temp averaging between 77 to 80 f with og. With strains that can handle warmer temps I will take my co2 to 1700-1800ppm and have my canopy level temp around 80 to 84 F.

Keep in mind this very important thing: when you set your ambient temp setting on your thermostat for your a/c, chiller, etc..this is NOT the temp that will be under your lights unless you have sealed air cooled bulbs/shades.
The important temp is at your plant canopy level. The hotter the temps directly at your plants canopy level the more stretchy/airy bud development you get along with heat stress, lumen burn etc..

Different strains react differently to warmer temps also. Some strains like to stretch like crazy with very warm canopy temperatures. Often temps above 82 to 84 f will cause a lot of stretcing in plants. In veg the stretch is seen in stems and internodal spacing, in flower it's seen in stems for the first week or two, then in the bud development as flowering continues.

So be warned if you want to maximize the plants ability to matabolize higher levels of co2 you better have very good air circulation and cooling to keep you plants happy with warmer canopy temps.

CO2 metabolizing works on a scale. The higher the temps the more co2 your plants can matabolie, the lower the temps the ability of the plants to use up higher levels of co2 diminishes.

You should have higher humidity levels during veg and the first 10 days or so of flower: 65 to 75%. When your buds start to develop start decreasing your humidity. Different strains like different humidity levels but it's all about transpiration. In flower aim for 50 to 55%, but personally I found certain strains to flourish at 60% in flower.

Top Bottom