C02

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi, do people get results with running it in veg?

Also when co2 comes on in my tent is it ok to leave the air inlet on?

Cheers

T

Tesseract

Its not necessary in veg unless your have a sealed room. If you leave the inlet on, the flow to the room will become positive and either cause your inlet fan to slow down or the air will be forced through cracks and out the exhaust port. You must stop all intake and exhaust fans unless you run a sealed room.

T

N

Northwest Skunk

plants use co2 in all stages of growth. That's what they breath in during the light cycle.
Regular outside air contains from 300 to 400ppm of co2.
When you suppliment it the idea is to raise the dose of co2 for your plants as they grow.
Seedlings don't need high levels of c02 and small plants don't need high levels of co2. You can start increasing the levels of ppm of co2 as you increase your feed strenght. Increase it up to a max of 1500 to 1600ppm. Some guys say they use up to 2000ppm of co2 but I have never seen any added value of dosing that high myself.
As the plant is finishing up and ripening you can lower the dose of co2 because the plants metabolizm is also slowing with the near death of the plant.

If you are venting in and venting out your grow room then the addition of co2 is pointless unless you only time the co2 to dose while the air is not exchanging. If you are only letting air in where is the pressure of this air going? You must let out the same amount of air you let in or you will have a pressure problem and if you are exchanging it then you are just exhausting the extra co2 you are trying to dose your plants with.

S

smokeydav

Those are the same guidelines I have come across all over the forums. Seems like good advice

Top Bottom