CA airports and MMJ

• Thread starter Darth Fader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I know for a while there was no hassle at SF. I mostly fly out of Burbank or LAX. Anyone know what the deal is? Last I heard, TSA defers to local police. Hoping to take a jar out of Burbank in the spring.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Sup Darth. I always travel out of SF, so I dont have any personal exp w socal airports. I know a couple years ago, TSA released a public statement saying which airports were ok. I think the major factor is whether or not your airport uses a private sec co. to run their airport sec, or do they use local sheriff dept or police. In SF and Oak threy use private, so no issue. Humboldt airport uses people in connection w the sheriiff's dept, so they'll take your meds if they find them(although they save it and you can pick it up when you come back through). Not sure if this helps, or makes any sense. Sorry my details arent exactly precise.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have friends that fly out of ontario with personal amounts in checked luggage but im not sure of official policy.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Looks like I should probably make some direct inquiries. I think the worst that could happen is an infraction ticket and confiscation if under 1 oz.

the rrock

the rrock

this is a great topic, would like to hear from some more experienced travelers please. I get super paranoid, didnt know it was ok to carry meds in checked baggage

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
This is gonna sound weird lol but Ive got a buddy whos an undercover cop at LAX though he works for LAPD. They work out of a trailer in the parking lot of LAX. His thing aint drugs...his gig is trying to see if he can sneak bombs and guns through security but my point is I know for a fact theres a lot of undercover LAPD at LAX.

Hey dont hate on me I love having a cop on my side:D

My guess would be they aint gonna sweat the personal and no my friend isnt in on my lifestyle:D We just grew up playing soccer so when ever i need a favor I just hit him up

the rrock

the rrock

This is gonna sound weird lol but Ive got a buddy whos an undercover cop at LAX though he works for LAPD. They work out of a trailer in the parking lot of LAX. His thing aint drugs...his gig is trying to see if he can sneak bombs and guns through security but my point is I know for a fact theres a lot of undercover LAPD at LAX.

Hey dont hate on me I love having a cop on my side:D

My guess would be they aint gonna sweat the personal and no my friend isnt in on my lifestyle:D We just grew up playing soccer so when ever i need a favor I just hit him up
I have alot of cop friends, my son in law is an federal agent(DHS). My police friends are crazier than most especially when their drinking

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I swear to god this is a true story...20 years ago when I was about 20 i was hanging out at my dealers house chilling on the couch. In walked two sheriffs in uniform, got some herb from my boy and left. Im sitting there with a bong in my hand saying ....wait ...what the fuck just happened? That shit opened my eyes

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

I talked with a local dispensary that said they had a friend who took 2 elbows with him (double vaccum sealed with rx on front) to Hi out of OAK several times with no issues

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

I would think airports fall under federal regs as I worked at one and had to deal with the whole federal / HLS background checking and security clearance bs. I do understand that different ones use private or local Sheriff dept. personnel but I am guessing u open yourself up for federal prosecution alot faster trying to carry product through airports.

PnL

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I would think airports fall under federal regs as I worked at one and had to deal with the whole federal / HLS background checking and security clearance bs. I do understand that different ones use private or local Sheriff dept. personnel but I am guessing u open yourself up for federal prosecution alot faster trying to carry product through airports.

PnL

I agree 100% actually 110%

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I would think checked luggage may not be scrutinized as much as carry on?

T

tngreen

flying with small amounts is nothing been doing it for years but some of the amounts being talked about is nuts. TSA is federal and if they happen upon it, not good. Especially if flying out of state. checking the bag is only way, they are looking for bombs

Top Bottom