CA clubs to be shut down by FEDS is Co next?

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shady Acres

i say i never supported them to begin with and i'll be just fine without them.

C

canaguy27

Don't think we are next. I heard today that matt cook is out there as a consultant. Maybe they are shutting them down so they can open them under our model. who knows.

All they have to do here is send out a letter demanding closure and that every owner come in.

Blaze

Blaze

There is no way they can even hope to shut down even a fraction of the clubs in Cali. They've played this same song and dance ever since prop 215 was passed. A few clubs will get popped to prove a point, but they simply lack the man power and money to go after all of them. The MMJ industry is far to large and too ingrained to be gotten rid of at this point.

putembk

putembk

Who determined, and why were certain dispensaries targeted. Were they rouge, large volume or just unlucky.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

There is no way they can even hope to shut down even a fraction of the clubs in Cali. They've played this same song and dance ever since prop 215 was passed. A few clubs will get popped to prove a point, but they simply lack the man power and money to go after all of them. The MMJ industry is far to large and too ingrained to be gotten rid of at this point.

I don't know about that. I mean if they could ban alcohol during prohibition with much more historical use ect I dont think mmj is too "engrained." THat being said I dont think there is the same fervor against mmj that there was with prohibition. I think people see that it has been for quite some time and the world hasnt come to an end. Also given the financial state of the country you would think the govt would want every tax dollar possible, but what do I know. Apparently govt would rather steal your social security than legitimize the EVIL MARIJUANA PLANT!!

I

ibTheMan

As fuckn broke as America is you would think them dumb fucks(the government) would like the income of them and would put there man hours and Our tax money into something that wasnt voted legal By The People and maybe well lets see, Stop illegal Aliens, Coke, Heroin, Terrorist, illegal Welfare use, millions of people getn pills illegal, Gangs i could go on forever, yah no what im sayn? Feds suck dick and most of what They do is completely illegal, but that dont matter, the Law doesnt apply to them.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Don't think we are next. I heard today that matt cook is out there as a consultant. Maybe they are shutting them down so they can open them under our model. who knows.

All they have to do here is send out a letter demanding closure and that every owner come in.

Mighty arrogant of you to think we would use YOUR model and also to think you are somehow immune to federal law and we are not.Frankly i think colorado is OVER regulated.If feds come after us they will come after you no doubt about it so dont fool yourself,i dont give a shit what model your using it is ILLEGAL federally.Better that we all band together as one and change the cannabis laws federally once and for all,united we stand divided we fall!

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

They can't do shit. Feds are low on $$$. I'm so sick of these fuckers. Don't they have bigger fish to fry these days? I wish they'd prosecute all involved in hawking the pharmies that have killed my friends.

true grit

true grit

Mighty arrogant of you to think we would use YOUR model and also to think you are somehow immune to federal law and we are not.Frankly i think colorado is OVER regulated.If feds come after us they will come after you no doubt about it so dont fool yourself,i dont give a shit what model your using it is ILLEGAL federally.Better that we all band together as one and change the cannabis laws federally once and for all,united we stand divided we fall!

well frankly he's right. He's not being arrogant. This has been discussed for many months in Cali about teh CO model and why it will probably be here to stay and the basis of many future models.

The reason Cali was raggin CO was that CO has it in the Constitution as an amendment right- Cali does not. It was a proposition without constitutional protection. Thats why when they started this shit up several months ago targeting large scale grow op in Oakland it was the basis of talk- why aren't they going after the even larger CO warehouses. Thats also why CO had to work so hard to get the damn legislation in place to regulate it so heavily. What they didn't discuss though is how to be legit in CO ya had to give up some constitutional rights to play. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, but sorry bro the CO over regulated, can't do shit market will be the basis for others that they can not reel in.

S

SoCoMMJ

They can't do shit. Feds are low on $$$. I'm so sick of these fuckers.

You are not good at connecting the dots. If the feds are low on money, they can seize assets to get money. Easy pickings...

sky high

sky high

What say ye farmers?

I say FIRE UP ANOTHER ROOM AND TAKE THIS GAME BACK!

There has NEVER been an exclusive on the sale of weed.

Why should the Gov't and a few greedy drug dealers make all the $$$??

Close em all down. They bring unwanted/unneeded heat for all patients.

Take it back underground. Fuck the Gov't all the way around!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I know there's at least one CO dispensary who received a "harborside-style" multi-million dollar tax demand. Associate of mine basically was taxed nearly 100% on his earnings over the last few years. Industry Regulations matter little if it's a federal V. state pissing match in our future, and a lot of us should be glad to have remained out of the stream that seems o be heading some peoples' way.

Good luck to those who stuck their heads out. Buy an umbrella

Cort

Cort

Just a wild guess, but I got a joint that says big pharma has something mmj related to sell us.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I am in total agreement with you Fishwhistle. Also, if anyone out here has not watched or streamed the new Ken Burns documentary "Prohibition" them I strongly suggest seeing it. The similarities in the polarized politics, US economic/lack of job challenges, and conservative white protestant morality social agendas propped up/financed by big money extremely wealthy anti-tax/anti-regulation Republicans makes today seem like deja-vu of the 20's and 30's. Big boom after WW1 as in the Clinton 90's with real estate values doubled followed by the crash of 29 after 8 years of Hoover and richest American conservative Republicans driving the country straight into a brick wall.

M

MIway

well frankly he's right. He's not being arrogant. This has been discussed for many months in Cali about teh CO model and why it will probably be here to stay and the basis of many future models.

The reason Cali was raggin CO was that CO has it in the Constitution as an amendment right- Cali does not. It was a proposition without constitutional protection. Thats why when they started this shit up several months ago targeting large scale grow op in Oakland it was the basis of talk- why aren't they going after the even larger CO warehouses. Thats also why CO had to work so hard to get the damn legislation in place to regulate it so heavily. What they didn't discuss though is how to be legit in CO ya had to give up some constitutional rights to play. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, but sorry bro the CO over regulated, can't do shit market will be the basis for others that they can not reel in.

kinda... the mmj is constitutionally protected in CO, but that is the patient/caregiver model, not the dispensary one. that was carved into law as 'extra-constutional', and distinguishes itself apart from the amendment. 1284 simply brought about a licensed, regulated & taxed manufacturing & distribution model... nothing to do with the mmj amendment. kinda like, well, if u are going to allow for patients & caregivers to grow & transact, the only other way, i.e., dispensaries, is through this outside market we shall create... all the while upholding the criminal/black/non-medi one. it's just as vulnerable... next session, the state leg can just say fuck it... ooops, u'r bad.

coloradochem

coloradochem

I watched it the other night, it was very good. the whole time i kept thinking this is exactlly what is going on right now. I couldnt help but wonder if alchol prohibition was really the feds way of getting control of the tax revenue. and that deep inside it had nothing to do with morals, they just wanted everyone to think that it did.

C

catchafish

i read an article a few years ago about how big pharma has been buying the rights to specific strains for years now. I agree they are about to drop some cancer killing drug derived from cannabis and the feds will say its OK for them to do it.

green punk

green punk

Get ready kids. Those who hung there asses out won't be able to pull their pants up fast enough.

But then again; this is the same outfit that dropped the Ogden Memo that everyone believed. So who knows, they can yoyo on anything they say.

2012 election?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I am actually pretty sure that the one of the biggest reasons that Prohibition took place back then was Standard oil. From the creation of the Model T untill the year before prohibition ended, Ford made the car so that it could run on gasoline or Ethanol (alcohol). Though it was slightly more expensive, he continued to manufacture the car to run on both until finally he could no longer justify the cost based on a fuel that was federally illegal. Finally he stopped making it that way and prohibition ended. Strange coincidence. And you thought your flex fuel car was new tech. bwahahahaha

Top Bottom