CA clubs to be shut down by FEDS is Co next?

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Hangman
by Maurice Ogden
Into our town the Hangman came,
Smelling of gold and blood and flame.
And he paced our bricks with a diffident air,
And built his frame in the courthouse square.

The scaffold stood by the courthouse side,
Only as wide as the door was wide;
A frame as tall, or little more,
Than the capping sill of the courthouse door.

And we wondered, whenever we had the time,
Who the criminal, what the crime
That the Hangman judged with the yellow twist
of knotted hemp in his busy fist.

And innocent though we were, with dread,
We passed those eyes of buckshot lead --
Till one cried: "Hangman, who is he
For whom you raised the gallows-tree?"

Then a twinkle grew in the buckshot eye,
And he gave us a riddle instead of reply:
"He who serves me best," said he,
"Shall earn the rope of the gallows-tree."

And he stepped down, and laid his hand
On a man who came from another land.
And we breathed again, for another's grief
At the Hangman's hand was our relief

And the gallows-frame on the courthouse lawn
By tomorrow's sun would be struck and gone.
So we gave him way, and no one spoke,
Out of respect for his Hangman's cloak.

The next day's sun looked mildly down
On roof and street in our quiet town,
And stark and black in the morning air
Was the gallows-tree in the courthouse square.

And the Hangman stood at his usual stand
With the yellow hemp in his busy hand;
With his buckshot eye and his jaw like a pike
And his air so knowing and business-like.

And we cried, "Hangman, have you not done
Yesterday, with the foreign one?"
Then we fell silent, and stood amazed,
"Oh, not for him was the gallows raised."

He laughed a laugh as he looked at us:
"Did you think I'd gone to all this fuss
To hang one man? That's a thing I do
To stretch a rope when the rope is new."

Then one cried "Murder!" and one cried "Shame!"
And into our midst the Hangman came
To that man's place. "Do you hold," said he,
"with him that was meant for the gallows-tree?"

And he laid his hand on that one's arm.
And we shrank back in quick alarm!
And we gave him way, and no one spoke
Out of fear of his Hangman's cloak.

That night we saw with dread surprise
The Hangman's scaffold had grown in size.
Fed by the blood beneath the chute,
The gallows-tree had taken root;

Now as wide, or a little more,
Than the steps that led to the courthouse door,
As tall as the writing, or nearly as tall,
Halfway up on the courthouse wall.

The third he took -- we had all heard tell --
Was a usurer, and an infidel.
"What," said the Hangman "have you to do
With the gallows-bound, and he a Jew?"

And we cried out, "Is this one he
Who has served you well and faithfully?"
The Hangman smiled: "It's a clever scheme
to try the strength of the gallows-beam."

The fourth man's dark, accusing song
Had scratched our comfort hard and long;
"And what concern," he gave us back.
"Have you for the doomed -- the doomed and Black?"

The fifth. The sixth. And we cried again,
"Hangman, Hangman, is this the man?"
"It's a trick," he said. "that we hangmen know
For easing the trap when the trap springs slow."

And so we ceased, and asked no more,
As the Hangman tallied his bloody score.
And sun by sun, and night by night,
The gallows grew to monstrous height.

The wings of the scaffold opened wide
Till they covered the square from side to side;
And the monster cross-beam, looking down,
Cast its shadow across the town.

Then through the town the Hangman came,
Through the empty streets, and called my name --
And I looked at the gallows soaring tall,
And thought, "There is no one left at all

For hanging, and so he calls to me
To help pull down the gallows-tree."
So I went out with right good hope
To the Hangman's tree and the Hangman's rope.

He smiled at me as I came down
To the courthouse square through the silent town.
And supple and stretched in his busy hand
Was the yellow twist of the hempen strand.

And he whistled his tune as he tried the trap,
And it sprang down with a ready snap --
And then with a smile of awful command
He laid his hand upon my hand.

"You tricked me. Hangman!," I shouted then,
"That your scaffold was built for other men...
And I no henchman of yours," I cried,
"You lied to me, Hangman. Foully lied!"

Then a twinkle grew in the buckshot eye,
"Lied to you? Tricked you?" he said. "Not I.
For I answered straight and I told you true --
The scaffold was raised for none but you.

For who has served me more faithfully
Then you with your coward's hope?" said he,
"And where are the others who might have stood
Side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered. And amiably
"Murdered," the Hangman corrected me:
"First the foreigner, then the Jew...
I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky
None had stood so alone as I.
The Hangman noosed me, and no voice there
Cried "Stop!" for me in the empty square.

B

Beasters X Haze

yo you gotta post that in the poems subforum homie... jk

P

Paul Nepal

Just shows what a sham the government is, almost everything Obama campaigned on he has gone against. This guy is nothing but the same type of politician we have always had, I am sure glad I did not vote for that clown.

"CHANGE" no not really

coloradochem

coloradochem

I am actually pretty sure that the one of the biggest reasons that Prohibition took place back then was Standard oil. From the creation of the Model T untill the year before prohibition ended, Ford made the car so that it could run on gasoline or Ethanol (alcohol). Though it was slightly more expensive, he continued to manufacture the car to run on both until finally he could no longer justify the cost based on a fuel that was federally illegal. Finally he stopped making it that way and prohibition ended. Strange coincidence. And you thought your flex fuel car was new tech. bwahahahaha

could be, but honestly just about any car can run on ethanol. especially carbureted ones. but at any rate prohibition seems to line up with a major change in american economy, and taxation.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
feds dont have to go in and close those clubs - sending letters to the landlords threatening they will forfiet their propery and any rent they collected will be enough to close donw a big % of clubs and dispensaries with a quickness

also should be noted that its not just clubs being targeted - but anybody in the game so to speak - weather you grow - vend or make edibles and concentrates as well as anybody who is shipping out of state

its a a good bet all the other med states are next regardess of your "model"

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
And so it begins....been fun fellas

Blaze

Blaze

I don't know about that. I mean if they could ban alcohol during prohibition with much more historical use ect I dont think mmj is too "engrained." THat being said I dont think there is the same fervor against mmj that there was with prohibition. I think people see that it has been for quite some time and the world hasnt come to an end. Also given the financial state of the country you would think the govt would want every tax dollar possible, but what do I know. Apparently govt would rather steal your social security than legitimize the EVIL MARIJUANA PLANT!!

Yes but even if they somehow ban it entirely, or repeal the medical laws, that still will not stop the cannabis industry, nor will it stop people form growing it or smoking it. For example even though prohibition banned alcohol, all sorts of speak-easys and moonshiners sprang up to fill the demand for illegal alcohol. You cannot stop people from doing or making drugs - it is impossible, so what the law states is often irrelevant.

For example I had a friend in college who as from Saudi Arabia. In Saudi, you will be put to death if you get caught smuggling or selling drugs. Yet there is a thriving hash import industry there - even the harshest laws imaginable have done nothing to stop it. In fact he always used to complain about how all the hash here was super expensive and usually not as good quality (and this was in Humboldt county).

Though it does seem rather contradictory that the feds would spend money on this sort of things, it does make sense. They are going after the properties and assets connected to the dispensaries - and there is a heck of a lot of value there. They're probably figuring that they will make a ton of money with all the assets they will end up seizing (maybe they've been taking tips form the Mendocino Sheriff's Dpt?). In my opinion this is partly a ploy for the feds to steal some more assets and land from the citizens of California, rather than a full blown attempt to shut down the industry.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Though it does seem rather contradictory that the feds would spend money on this sort of things, it does make sense. They are going after the properties and assets connected to the dispensaries - and there is a heck of a lot of value there. They're probably figuring that they will make a ton of money with all the assets they will end up seizing (maybe they've been taking tips form the Mendocino Sheriff's Dpt?). In my opinion this is partly a ploy for the feds to steal some more assets and land from the citizens of California, rather than a full blown attempt to shut down the industry.

was thinking the same thing!

G

GeneralRipper

well frankly he's right. He's not being arrogant. This has been discussed for many months in Cali about teh CO model and why it will probably be here to stay and the basis of many future models.

The reason Cali was raggin CO was that CO has it in the Constitution as an amendment right- Cali does not. It was a proposition without constitutional protection. Thats why when they started this shit up several months ago targeting large scale grow op in Oakland it was the basis of talk- why aren't they going after the even larger CO warehouses. Thats also why CO had to work so hard to get the damn legislation in place to regulate it so heavily. What they didn't discuss though is how to be legit in CO ya had to give up some constitutional rights to play. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, but sorry bro the CO over regulated, can't do shit market will be the basis for others that they can not reel in.

Land load letter scare tactic has been around for a minute. They first tried it in san diego spring of 06. Got every club in the county shut down for over a whole year. Was the reason for the largest CA raid of 11 mega clubs in Hollywood.

Constitutional state amendment doesn't mean shit. The US supreme court voted such back in 2006ish. California dint get raided by the feds until bush jr. for like the first 5 years clubs only got raided by the LAPD and the state. Some had federal assistance but none were led by them.

Due to all the bullshit paperwork and regulations the feds could have every shop shut down in colorado within a week or so. They don't need to conduct any investigations. The attorney general acts like he already has the cat in the bag. The only thing that could be holding them back or whats causing them to go forward is politics.

G

GeneralRipper

check this out, http://www.centennialseeds.com :movie:character0095::character0095:

This guy is on point. During the bush era raids the feds would mostly only target the clubs that had websites or advertised in mags/newspapers. Weedtracker banners always got shut down. Not all the time did they shut em down sometimes they would raid and give the keys right back to the owners. I don't think its going to be that way if they do something here.

D

DoobyScoo

In fact he always used to complain about how all the hash here was super expensive and usually not as good quality (and this was in Humboldt county).

Nothing compares to a little Lebanese Blonde.

Try reading 'Fubarnomics'.
ISBN 978-1-61614-191-2

Makes 'Freakanomics' look like a little pussy.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont beleive any model that you must sign your constitutional rights away for is a good one.Colorados model is the easiest to take down because they already have all the info on record needed to do it,one subpoena and they have the goods on every dispensary and larger grows,even when you buy guns they are not supposed to keep records at the govt level,they check your record and if your not a felon your approved(remember the movie red dawn?they went straight to the sporting goods stores to get the records not some govt data base)California is kinda like the wild wild west so to speak,no city permits because you cant get em in most places which makes it a little harder to track em all down.Those that get large and advertise alot on radio,newsprint and weedmaps will get hit first IMO.I wish there was a solution but i only see one right now,legalization,and im not sure alot of people even in this industry wanna see that happen as they stand to lose too much,do you think al capone wanted prohibition to end?
One thing i do know is that there are a SHITLOAD of hydro shops doing a brisk business in cali and its out there now,no way there gonna stop it all,people are growin like never before.I know this will be an unpopular statement but we need to take the money out of marijuana as it corrupts everything,dispensaries selling at black market prices,cartels smuggling and killing people,Cops making arrests just so they can seize assets to pay for overtime,hydro gear manufacturers selling shit at 1000%+ markup,Fucking seeds for 15-20 dollars apiece,money seduces even the best of people.legalize,tax commercial production,sell a personal growers permit that allows you to grow 15 or 20 plants(say 100$ a year per household,think how much revenue that would generate),Screw going after the cartels its much easier to go after the dispensaries,they dont shoot back and theirs more money in it,whoever came up with the saying ''follow the money''was a smart individual.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Was that because of the number of plants there or because it was a grow, which though covered by CO law, is still fed illegal? And why would this not happen to any grow, mmc or caregiver, or personal?

Mel

eyecandi

eyecandi

"According to the manager at the Cherry Top Farms medical marijuana center, a raid yesterday targeted a contract grower, not Cherry Top or any of its employees."

this tells me that the contract grower was probably not on the up and up. his/her 'side business' attracted the feds' attention and CTF was caught up due to association?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

thats some fucked up shit - according to that they are in compliance with state law - feds come in take all their shit - but arrest no one = fucking harrasment

female cops dancing around in a cherry top farms "titty" tshirt

"We have these cute little tank-top T-shirts, and one of the female officers put one on and was dancing around. I said to one of the agents at the door, 'I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but that doesn't seem to be very professional.' And he said, 'It's been a long day. We're just trying to have some fun.'"

wtf is wrong with people - as if taking all their shit wasnt fun enough for them

give me a break

S

ShamanGang

Yep.
Everyone with anything to worry about best pull there plants n run.
The feds are all over Colorado n California Medical Marijuana.
Sad thibng is after all the greed wars between growers dispensaries n governments over, the patient in serious need unable to grow there own will suffer most.

Hide

Top Bottom