Cactus Goes Conventional This Round

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

How is it that a feminized seed can show this much phenotype variation?
My point goes to the feminized seed.
Your observed phenotype variation, makes me suspect that the seeds may be the result of errant pollen in the production of s1 seeds.
It is my understanding, and experience, that a feminized seed produced from the pollen of a reversed flower will produced a true s1, and will show little phenotype variation due to the constrained genotype pallet.

Significant variation might be explained if pollen from another plant played a part in the seed origin story.

Just trying to figure this stuff out.
Thanks for the help.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My point goes to the feminized seed.
Your observed phenotype variation, makes me suspect that the seeds may be the result of errant pollen in the production of s1 seeds.
It is my understanding, and experience, that a feminized seed produced from the pollen of a reversed flower will produced a true s1, and will show little phenotype variation due to the constrained genotype pallet.

Significant variation might be explained if pollen from another plant played a part in the seed origin story.

Just trying to figure this stuff out.
Thanks for the help.
Ahhhh thanks for the clarification. Now I see what your layn down. You raise a good point. But I guess we will call it a mystery as I have no knowledge of the breeders techniques or could not know if random pollen may have been involved. Seeds were freebies with the Dinafem purchase.

Dunge

Dunge

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification. Now I see what your layn down. You raise a good point. But I guess we will call it a mystery as I have no knowledge of the breeders techniques or could not know if random pollen may have been involved. Seeds were freebies with the Dinafem purchase.
My error is the thought that feminized seeds are s1 crosses.
This was an unforced error.
On further thought, I realize that any reversed pollen will produce a feminized seed, and a cross will have all the variety of any cross.
Focus on my own efforts to create s1 is my excuse for the blinders.

Good gardening to all.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
On further thought, I realize that any reversed pollen will produce a feminized seed, and a cross will have all the variety of any cross.

Good gardening to all.
no worries brother. Overgrow the World!!!!

bongzaway

bongzaway

Good gardening to all.

Would seeds produced through the natural rodalization process or by use of collidal silver make the new seeds identical ?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Would seeds produced through the natural rodalization process or by use of collidal silver make the new seeds identical ?
I am going to go with a no on that. If I am wrong hopefully someone with more knowledge will enlighten me. The only way I know of that assures uniformity isnt with the seeds but with cloning from the mother. To my mind, no matter the method to get to the seed stage, seeds will always have varied genetic traits. But what do I know...... Might be some good questions to pose in the breeders forum tho.:D

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So up next is some "Lemon Garlic OG" Was a freebie. She is approx 36" at flower set. Internode length with this one isnt as tight as the moby dick and gold lemon drop or mozarella. Here she is. Peace Farmers

DSCN2162
DSCN2152
DSCN2154
DSCN2158
DSCN2159

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Srenots

Srenots

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers, yea I know I know I promised 1 a day until all the flowering gals are presented. Well guess what, I missed a day, so crucify me. ........LMAO Next up is Lemon Gold Drop - Lemon Skunk x Pot O Gold x AK47

She is showing her satie dom side and is quite the stretcher. Node distance is approx 3" Will be curious to see how well she stacks and how tight the finished buds come out. Tall lanky and sassy. Her terps are straight up lemon/ with very tart nose. Stem rub is insane if you like lemon or sour notes.

Here is Seedism's marketing sling on it. Peace

Seedism Seeds Lemon Gold Drops Female Seeds

LemonGold Drops is a heavy yielding hybrid combining three highly reputable strains. The Las Vegas Lemon Skunk clone was combined with Pot of Gold first to create a totally stable F1 with a perfect combination of the pheno-types they aimed for: taste, vigour, consistency and yield. After a few tests of crossing her with a few different, more stretchy strains, they found that using our AK47 gave the results they were aiming for. Their 2006 clone of the AK47 is a more Indica dominant clone that they got after it won the Cannabis Cup that year for best Indica. This AK47 has an intense Kushy smell and taste besides the earthy/pine known from earlier AK clones and has a descent amount of stretch, making her a perfect companion to Lemon Kush mother. The resulting hybrid is the LemonGold Drops, an Indica dominant plant offering high yields and a sweet pungency ranging from earthy to slightly sour.

DSCN2176
DSCN2171
DSCN2173
DSCN2175

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Next up is Mozarella by G13 labs. Have worked some others of their gear but this is the 1st time running this gear. My boy at @rmoltis lst ed her into a beast when he ran it. However, I dont have the time. Will let her run out ala natural to see whats shes got. Topped twice only and some early lollipopping before flip.She looks to be a gangly gurl. Not stackin near as hard and tight as the MD and LD. We shall see how well she produces and what the yield is like. Then of course a guy could forgo yields as long as potency and nose is there........ :D
Here is G13's speel on the strain Uk Skunk X Afghani.

Week in from initial bud set.

Crossing of UK Skunk and Afghan resulted in Indica dominant strain which easily will satisfy even the most experienced and fussy cultivators. This low maintenance hybrid gives unbelievable results, producing long, very large and sticky flower heads (1,000g/plant / 500g/ m²). G13 Labs Seeds Mozzarella is perfect for rainy autumn days, providing relaxation and a pleasant sleep. Its taste is earthy with cheesy undertones but the smell is a real killer – will need some odour filters to prevent heavy scent of mature cheese and incense getting everywhere.

DSCN2181
DSCN2182
DSCN2179

amsterdammer

amsterdammer

Hi @jumpincactus how did your grow go, quite curious if you liked the Lemon Gold Drops and if she ended with an alright yield?

Top Bottom