Cactus Is Stumped, Photoperiod Question?

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A friend asked me this question the other day and I was not able to give him a definitive answer as I have never vegged plants under 24 hr photoperiods.

So it goes like this, homey is running some indicas not sure of strains, he has been vegging under 24/0 lighting. He asked me if he reduced the lighting period to 18/6 would this big of a change in light period on initiate flowering? Keep in mind he is not looking to flip them to flower yet he is just concerned that having then at 24 hrs then hitting them with 18/6 may start them to flower. I'm thinking the answer is no but hell I cant truthfully say with no experience with this regime.

Anyone here have any solid info or answer to this question???

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have taken plants from 24/0 to 18/6 with no problems, many many times. Keep in mind that I have always used the same lights on time, no matter what light schedule I've used, just to keep the plants used to it.

But there are no problems doing it.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

No problems at all, plants might wonder what the fuck happening for a day or 2 but they'll keep going, I feel like plants need some kind of rest and 24/0 isn't good, unless you're trying a reveg. Even then I've had better luck at 18/6. Hell I've even went clear down to 16/8 for veg and they kept on trucking :)

mancdank

mancdank

A friend asked me this question the other day and I was not able to give him a definitive answer as I have never vegged plants under 24 hr photoperiods.

So it goes like this, homey is running some indicas not sure of strains, he has been vegging under 24/0 lighting. He asked me if he reduced the lighting period to 18/6 would this big of a change in light period on initiate flowering? Keep in mind he is not looking to flip them to flower yet he is just concerned that having then at 24 hrs then hitting them with 18/6 may start them to flower. I'm thinking the answer is no but hell I cant truthfully say with no experience with this regime.

I've also done this many times with no issue biggest diffrent I've seen with 24/7 and 18/6 is that plants that are grown under constant light ( 24/7) seem to stretch a lot more than plants grown with a 18/6 pattern when flipped but I've never had seen or heard of a plant going into flower with dropping from constant to 18/6 hope this helps Bro

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've also done this many times with no issue biggest diffrent I've seen with 24/7 and 18/6 is that plants that are grown under constant light ( 24/7) seem to stretch a lot more than plants grown with a 18/6 pattern when flipped but I've never had seen or heard of a plant going into flower with dropping from constant to 18/6 hope this helps Bro
TY mate

G gnome

G gnome

Yes ie personally done it w no problems

Top Bottom