Cal mag def? Overwatering? Or both

• Thread starter Cannabutterred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

Hey guys, just set up my first 2'3" x 2'3 x 63" tent from hydromars and started my seed in it. I am growing in ffof and I only watered around the stem at first.

Everything was going good I had the tent set up with no ventilation at first and misted every few hours and kept the humidity at around 60-75%.

Then I started to notice the temp was slowly rising to 81-82 degrees. So I threw my humidifier in there and put my vivosun 4" inline fan on the lowest setting, which kept temp around 79 degrees and humidity around 55%. But right before I did all that I went to water one day because the top soil was dry to the first knuckle but the pot was still heavy. I ended up watering anyway, and after that the plant started to act up and leaves started to droop on the ends and now I have light brown spots appearing on the first leaves and my true leaves have some small ones.

The plant is a week old and is growing rapidly. I added 1.65ml of calmag plus to my distilled water. Which I have been using the entire time. And the soil was fully dry this time for my watering today and the leaves are drooping harder than ever before.

Still consistently growing. Light is 100w hydro mars, 16" from plant.

Cal mag def overwatering or both
Cal mag def overwatering or both 2
Cal mag def overwatering or both 3
Cal mag def overwatering or both 4
Cal mag def overwatering or both 5
Cal mag def overwatering or both 6
Cal mag def overwatering or both 7
Cal mag def overwatering or both 8
Cal mag def overwatering or both 9
Cal mag def overwatering or both 10
Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

for sure. easy to do when they are small. soon enough though, moving them will be a pain in the buns! lol.

this is what works for me, saucers have a 3/16" hole drilled into them and they drain into the tub. im lazy

View attachment 1219878
That's a sweet set up! I plan on moving to a 4x4 and it will be a little taller so i will for sure do that

Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

You can also look into the drain away drain trays. I won some on here and love them. They can be set up on a flat surface and still drain cause they create flow. @drainaway
View attachment 1219937View attachment 1219938View attachment 1219939View attachment 1219940View attachment 1219941
That's a sick ass setup, I will for sure be looking more into these, height is my main concern for sure, seeing as how I only have about 4.5 feet of usable grow tent height.

Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

So I've been reading and seeing that most of my symptoms are pointing also to root rot, so I've checked my drain holes on my pot to get a look at the roots and some of them are turning a light brown. There is no smell and alot of them are still pretty white. I've raised the pot off the saucer for now. Is there anything else I need to do now besides let the soil dry out, and make sure my pot drains nicely?

20220223 210413
20220223 210655
20220223 211407
visajoe1

visajoe1

So I've been reading and seeing that most of my symptoms are pointing also to root rot, so I've checked my drain holes on my pot to get a look at the roots and some of them are turning a light brown. There is no smell and alot of them are still pretty white. I've raised the pot off the saucer for now. Is there anything else I need to do now besides let the soil dry out, and make sure my pot drains nicely?
nah, no root rot, just looks a little over watered. just chill, roast some bowls, and watch until that pot is dry. also, tap water is fine, save the distilled for foliar or something. calmag also not necessary in soil with tap water. what nutrients do you plan to use?

Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

nah, no root rot, just looks a little over watered. just chill, roast some bowls, and watch until that pot is dry. also, tap water is fine, save the distilled for foliar or something. calmag also not necessary in soil with tap water. what nutrients do you plan to use?
I hope so lol. I'm going to get a better holder for the pot that drains better. And I'm o. Well water so I'm scared to use it 😅

Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

fair enough, well water can be an unknown. has it ever been tested?
No lol but it smells strongly like rotten eggs so I'm sure I will kill my plants with all the sulfer I'm too nervous to try to dilute it or anything like that

Cannabutterred

Cannabutterred

No lol but it smells strongly like rotten eggs so I'm sure I will kill my plants with all the sulfer I'm too nervous to try to dilute it or anything like that
And she just got her first topping so hopefully she pulls through and survives the ride lol.

20220224 203900
20220224 203905
Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks good! I wouldn't worry to much about it, looks like it pushed through but probably could use a feeding of some sort. Cannabis loves sulfur but I dont think it will take it up in that form. could be wrong but I think that is reduced sulfate and in hydrogen sulfide. Plants take up sulfate form of sulfur. If it is really strong you may want to cut it with some bottled water or just use that all together. Too much could hydgen sulfide could stunt it from what I just read but only in high concentrations

jamk911

jamk911

Rotten egg smells usually hydrogen sulfide.. and no, its not good for plants... if possible, find a family member or friend, bring a bunch of empty 2 liter bottles or gallon jugs and fill them with tap water that doesnt smell and you will be good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom