Cal? Mag? Nitrogen toxicity? Please help...

• Thread starter Patrick050289
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patrick050289

Patrick050289

Good afternoon ( or morning if you are on the other side
;)
)

I am running my first ever grow, and now I am in almost the 4th week of veg from seed... I have another thread here on the forum, but will summarise here too:

Some info will vary from the original thread as I've added the current feeding schedule etc.

Strain:
Northern Lights Feminised ( Sensi seeds )
Medium:
Canna Coco + just over 30% Perlite
Container:
2gal fabric pot, but due to transplant to a final 5 gal fabric pot
Temp:
25C ( 77F ) Lights on, 21C ( 71.5F ) Lights off
RH:
~55%
Light Schedule:
18/6

Grow Room:
1.5ft, 1.3ft, 4.8ft (H)
Ventilation:
4" extractor at the top + passive intake at the bottom
Lights:
Roleardo full spectrum LED 300W ( ~130W draw )

Lights approx. 25" from the top of the plant - manufacturer recommends ~35" if I remember correctly, but plant started to stretch so I lowered it down.

Training:
Half way through a manifold, infact it seems that the problems slowly started since the first topping ( week ago ).

Feeding:
All feeding mixed with EC 0.3 tap water and PH'd to 5.8-9, plants fed 3 x day, always to about 30% run off:

Silicon - 3ml / 5L
Canna A & B - 9ml / 5L ( each )
Cannazym - 8ml / 5L
Rhizotonic - 10ml/ 5L

Total EC adds up to roughly 1.3 ( including the tap water )

A couple of days ago I noticed what seemed like a cal-mag deficiency so as a self preservation I mixed up a full strength cal mag solution and topped it up with Canna A&B to the usual 1.3EC rate, PH'd to 6.2 and fed this 3 x daily over the last 2 days.

Below are a couple of pictures from 2 days ago:

Leaf 2   small
Leaf   small

Another Problem...
I've just checked my plants, and much to my surprise now I am seeing what I would self diagnose as a Nitrogen toxicity... deformed and twisted new growth, tips on the leaves clawing down etc...

Again, In the act of self preservation I have mixed the usual full strength nutes with calmag, but watered it down to approx 0.85EC, PH'd to 6.0 and watered to approx 50% run off...

In my little head I am doing everything right, but as a totally inexperienced grower I am very anxious and worried that I am reading my plant totally wrong and perhaps doing more damage than help.

Current photos:

Img 2040   smalljpg
Img 2041   smalljpg
Img 2042   smalljpg
Img 2043   smalljpg
Img 2045   smalljpg
Img 2046   smalljpg

Could you please help out a fellow grower?

Many Thanks
:)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Very well formatted
1. Not nitrogen
2. Mag def but very slight
3. It’s a wee bit wet
4. Lower humidity
5. Give her time

job well done brother very minor issue but one thing, check the underside of plants with a scope.
I’m seeing pimpling of the leaves that usually indicate thrips and or russets but it can just be because it’s too wet.
Never hurts to inspect the underside.
cut the water until she is very light but not drooping

Latest posts

Top Bottom