• Other

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cal mag??? I dont even use it.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Whats up guys I see a lot of farmers here using ratios of cal mag @ any where from 5ml/gal - 20ml/gal??
What does everyone thinkk cal mag should be applied? can we agree on a ratio?
I just started using botanicares cal mag in hydro rockwool cubes @ 5ml/gal
It says 5ml/gal for soil
and 10ml/gal for soiless/hydro mediums
With all this talk about different ratios for cal mag im pretty confused
Im not sure if i should even up my cal mag ratio w/o fucking anything up?
I also dont know what to look for when my girls need more cal mag
or need less cal mag(I see alot of farmers recommending it when people run into yellowing with there girls but how do you truly know?) thats why i have it on the low side up the application.

Any info on this will be much appreciated.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Your poll should be in ppms or EC. Different calmag products have different nutrient profiles. For kushs I usually add about 100-150ppms and then add base bytes then additives.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Your poll should be in ppms or EC. Different calmag products have different nutrient profiles. For kushs I usually add about 100-150ppms and then add base bytes then additives.

yeah when i add my cal mag @ 5ml it adds about 150 ppms to my solution, so thats why i really never thought of going over that ratio, i thought adding 150 ppms of cal mag was fine enough.
Why are people using such a high ratio then?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

4.5 ml of Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus gets me 400 EC. Seems to work for rock wool hugo blocks, plants look great, have had some leaf spots without it.

good shit im using pretty much the same pr/gal.
I just dont see why so many people go WAY above that, always wondering if it is really necessary?
and how can you tell its cal mag your girls actually need?
Maybe someone can shed some light to this

S

Sea Of Green

It depends on how hard the water supply already is too. I've always used straight tap water. One place I lived in for a few years the water had enough cal mag in it right out of the tap. I do use it now, out of necessity. But not too much, the tap water here's still got some in it. I use a little less than what you guys are talking about.

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
I think it depends on the strains demands. Many og s are cal mag whores.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

I hear that alot to but i got a homie who has never used cal mag with any of his og's
they look fuckin green as fuck not stressed at all, yields pretty damn good to it makes me wonder...

M

Moses249

I use 1ml/gal but I have been considering upping the amount of cal-mag because I am seeing some signs, that beleive point to cal-mag issues. Rusted leaf spots, and twisting of the fingers on my fan leaves. I also think that you may not need to use it depending on water supply. For R.O. water for sure. I know I used 10 ml/gal as instructed on the botinacare cal-mag plus, at the beginning of a grow a couple years ago and it the burned the fuck out of my plants.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

really depends too I have calmag whores and I double dosage to 10ml then ween back later in flower.

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah...all strains are different...for my jamaican og's i use 10ml/gallon once a week...I also use that dose on my whitefire's...

deacon1503

deacon1503

In my UC I go to 250ppm until week 2 of flower then to 300 till week 5 then down to 200 for 6 and nothing 7 and 8. Same schedule with my top off but a mid/late flower ph of about 4 to counteract the increase due to nute consumption in the UC. I've always used a lot of cal/mag and I still see rust spots. My r/o is about 20ppm and the lowest I can get the UC after the flush is about 50 until about week 2 then its 90/100 when I feed so that's really where I start from. The top off is just fresh r/o and cal mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom