Cal Mag Problems from Garden Lime (I think)

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Bummer! I look at the plants today and notice both main stems of one plant have split. Shit! And it's the healthier plant, too.

These are same strains that have been given exact same treatment.

Perhaps I bound the branches down too tightly. I removed any pipe cleaners I was using to hold branches down yesterday! Must have happened recently. Fu*ck mainlining.

The darker plant is starting to get purple between the veins of top leaves, temperature has been going down. The lighter one looks sickly paddle by comparison.

PXL 20211109 231705936
PXL 20211109 231716454
TSD

TSD

Bummer! I look at the plants today and notice both main stems of one plant have split. Shit! And it's the healthier plant, too.

These are same strains that have been given exact same treatment.

Perhaps I bound the branches down too tightly. I removed any pipe cleaners I was using to hold branches down yesterday! Must have happened recently. Fu*ck mainlining.

The darker plant is starting to get purple between the veins of top leaves, temperature has been going down. The lighter one looks sickly paddle by comparison.
They will heal and be stronger for it, have a nice knuckle. You really gotta keep moving the ties as they grow too or that will happen. Two of my big ladies outside split in a bad storm, this one got knocked right over and lost a branch and they weren't phased much honestly. I tied her back up and the split scabbed over. Gave a bit of extra nutrients after it happened.
20210929 082437

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Some close-ups of the dark leaf mottling on the darker plant. Must have just developed recently, since yesterday maybe.

PXL 20211110 030619892
PXL 20211110 030626436
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Here they are 3 days after last watering. Next will be plain water. Lower leaves looking crusty. I cut them off then the next-higher ones turn yellow.

Not sure if due to age. They are in about week 6 of flower; this strain is usually 8-9wk total.

I got the lights pretty close and on 100 percent. The upper leaves seem okay to me.

Any thoughts? Maybe Just got one good plant and a different weak one? Thanks.

-Bill

Sent from my I phone

PXL 20211113 001539458
PXL 20211113 001544189
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here they are 3 days after last watering. Next will be plain water. Lower leaves looking crusty. I cut them off then the next-higher ones turn yellow.

Not sure if due to age. They are in about week 6 of flower; this strain is usually 8-9wk total.

I got the lights pretty close and on 100 percent. The upper leaves seem okay to me.

Any thoughts? Maybe Just got one good plant and a different weak one? Thanks.

-Bill

Sent from my I phone
hey looks good though probably you’ve been a little light on the nutrients, what you feeding them?
how long have you had that light that close?

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

This is the closest the lights have come, and I inched then down a bit to that far maybe 5 days ago.

Yes, I have been going light on nutrients. I use FF trio. However just came into some extra $ and am eager to supplement or switch! 5 gal fabric pots.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I'm wondering why my buds never fatten up like I see in photos here. Is it lack of nutrients? What should I add past FF trio for soil?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I assume it's a Ca or Mg imbalance, or lockout, from the "fast acting lime" that was "derived from dolomitic limestone" (printed on package) that I added early on.
This ^^ You do not pH soil. The lime does it for you. The lime you used is fine. Quit trying to pH it and it should recover.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Defoil those. Take the bottom half off.
You have jacked them with the lime. It has to be measured to hit the pH level you want.
Now they are stressing and the purples are showing due to cool temps.
You need to remove as much stress as you can for the rest of the 2 weeks they have.
Go back to regular feedings (No more than 1/2 the amount listed on the feed chart that came with your nutes)
Water properly and that will help offset the rest.
And put the light at 18 inches above the tops of the canopy. If it is that high, then start dimming it by 10%

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm wondering why my buds never fatten up like I see in photos here. Is it lack of nutrients? What should I add past FF trio for soil?
Quit using Fox Farms to begin with. They changed the formula and now you have to add all kinds of stuff to get the same results. This was a business decision to increase the bottom line. Money, they jacked our grows for money.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
FF Trio grow here:

IMG 20211105 200718

Works great if you monitor the plants...

TSD

TSD

Looks like they are pulling nutrients from the bottom leaves because they are either not getting enough or are locked out. Could be wrong, just going by what was going on when I've had leaves do that... and it's because I was late feeding and they started to eat thier leaves.... Iike to see this towards the end honestly, I stop feeding for the last week or so.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
With that being said, it looks like you have a mobile problem yeah? Let's think about possible causes for that:

Marijuana deficiency chart 748x750

Let's get your brain pumping! Blood rushing! You can figure this out 😉

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Well, I defoliated to the best my experience level will allow. Not very many 'big' fan leaves on these, but I cut any that blocked buds. Cut off any mostly-yellow or dead leaves. Here are pictures today.

I had some questions about how I defoliate:

Did I remove enough? If there was a leaf at the bottom that was blocked but got at least some light, I left it.

I removed some leaves to allow better air flow between colas.

I didn't remove leaves around the main colas because it's too dense in there. But I could.

There are still larf bus at the bottom. Should I remove them? Since this plant is having all these nutrient problems I didn't want to remove too many leaf reserves. But I will, I don't care, I'm crazy.

Today begins week 6 of flour.

PXL 20211115 022513758
PXL 20211115 022503610
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Haha, no improvement really but I've not done much different. I do not adjust feed water pH (tap water source). Last watering they got light nutrients. I've been adding a smidgen ~1 tsp/gal of epsom salt to the feed water. I did raise the lights some.

I'll no longer feed with Grow Big and use Tiger Bloom only from now on. That's all I have.

The dark plant looks okay in all, the lighter plant continues to develop yellow leaves further and further up the plant. 2-3 more weeks till harvest.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hi goonerinos,

Thanks truly for the advice but thus far money issues have prevented me from adding to my place care regime. I've been just riding this one out. Note for next run: leave new store-bought soil alone.

So today is day 49 of flower. LSD strain from ILGM, their site says flowering time 8-9 weeks. I have questions about flushing. Last time gave them 1/2 strength tiger bloom, molasses, and some big Bloom worm castings just to use it up.

I water infrequently, only about every 6 days. I've been giving them light nutrients every time. They have never been truly flushed with plain water. They seem to be using less as temperatures are low and my humidity is quite low 36%.

What would your guidance be for these terminal weeks? Any more nutrients? Pots are still a tad heavy right now, can water in a day or 2. Also how long do you think I have left until chop? Boxers or briefs?

One present I got myself was a 60x pocket microscope, you know the one. But the thing is so sensitive I can barely lock on to the trichomes. More pictures incoming as I can get them. Most satellite leaves are not dark green, but the leaves on the colas are.

Thanks, Bill. Sent from my iPhone

PXL 20211126 221038061
PXL 20211126 221057232
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
as the plant nears the end of life she won’t eat as much,i’d just feed her all the way to the end, as i don’t flush and i feed right up until the end.
57B94F5E E565 40D1 B7EA 4FD2F15C9496

Latest posts

Top Bottom