Calcium 25 vs Tria/Poly 20

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

Has anyone tried both and which works better?

I personally have used tria with poly20 and love it.
0.5ppm tria did not notice anything
1ppm and 2ppm tria and 500ppm poly20 kick ass though.

well sure, but he is buying it mixed up for a lot of money when he can buy 5g of tria for like 25 bucks. Then all you need is a small bottle of polysorbate 20 to dissolve the tria, and you can customize the ppm you'd like

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
well sure, but he is buying it mixed up for a lot of money when he can buy 5g of tria for like 25 bucks. Then all you need is a small bottle of polysorbate 20 to dissolve the tria, and you can customize the ppm you'd like

FYI, That is that the OP states he is doing in the original post. In different words.

Has anyone tried both and which works better?

I personally have used tria with poly20 and love it.
0.5ppm tria did not notice anything
1ppm and 2ppm tria and 500ppm poly20 kick ass though.
When you used triacontanol with polysorbate 20. When did you use it?

I have not used both, but would like to hear more about your experience. Please share.

I use it every couple weeks. Pretty straight forward. determine your ppm per 1000ml, put however many scoops you need to get there in a shot glass with some water and polysorbate 20. microwave till it bubbles, shut off, stir. keep doing that till it is clear. if it doesn't get clear, add more poly.

then add to the spray bottle with water that is already ph'd and spray. piece of cake :)

D

Donkdbz

I have my own triacontanol and polysorbate 20 and mix myself. Use the scoop in not very accurate and random amounts of poly20. For 20-30 bucks you can get a gem scale off amazon that measures down to miligrams.

I like to use it round 5-7 days after transplanting a rooted clone. Then once every 2 weeks.

reason I am asking about calcium 25 is the different studies

yeah, I saw those studies. I'm not sure there is a magic bullet to make a plant suddenly yield better. I do like what Tria can do, but there are so many other factors to take into consideration. I have read on some other forums about cal-25 use or recommendation, but it was mostly to pay less for the tria pre-mixed for those less inclined to want to mix on their own. not sure I ever heard about the results.

K

kushtrees

Hope I'm not thread jacking here but what is the per gallon dose of calcium 25? I've been searching the forums for like an hour but I can't find it... I swore I saw it like a month ago.

you could take the larger application rates and keep working down to a manageable ratio

D

Donkdbz

1 pound of Calcium 25 is round 75 bucks after shipping. Its one pound per 100 gallons so 4.5grams/gallon.

5 grams tria and some poly20 is round 45 bucks after shipping. You can make over 500 gallons of 2ppm spray.

not sure whats the dose in calcium 25.

costs are null since even if you have a 10k room you would probable only use 10 gallons a year.

Top Bottom