Calcium deficiency? Leaf Septoria? Help! (flowering stage)

• Thread starter thekall55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Dont think its leaf septoria?
Did you see the pictures I posted for you? Does it look like the issue you have going on?

Looks exactly like it doesn't it? Guess why? Sorry but it's not good news

I've fought septoria twice and in my opinion, based on your descriptions and how it's passing from plant to plant, also I feel the pictures are quite clear, it believe it's septoria, aka brown leaf spot

Immediate action is one level tablespoon of baking soda to 1 gallon of water, spray tops and bottoms of leaves heavily

The baking soda raises the leaf's surface pH and stops the septoria in its tracks, but you're going to have to spray them every other day, and even at that rate of application I've found that baking soda only works so-so and won't really knock septoria out

A better fix is liquid copper Fungicide, (follow directions carefully)
Screenshot 20200507 223156 Chrome

I also run one or two 9" high velocity fans on the floor at all times

I also used a sulfur burner in conjunction with the copper fungicide above and the increased airflow to finally stop the septoria!

Haven't had it back in years, but it can come back at any time! I'm always watching for it, particularly this time of year and in the fall! Hope this info helps, good luck!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Regular Grow Big does not have Ca in it. Also has a lot of NH4 that will drop soil PH unless it's limed pretty heavy if you are feeding heavy. Use the hydro next time unless you are using their soils (and even if you arent) or up the lime.

That's not Calcium. Bottom like that is going to be PH or watering most of the time. Specially if you are feeding already.

thekall55

thekall55

Did you see the pictures I posted for you? Does it look like the issue you have going on?

Looks exactly like it doesn't it? Guess why? Sorry but it's not good news

I've fought septoria twice and in my opinion, based on your descriptions and how it's passing from plant to plant, also I feel the pictures are quite clear, it believe it's septoria, aka brown leaf spot

Immediate action is one level tablespoon of baking soda to 1 gallon of water, spray tops and bottoms of leaves heavily

The baking soda raises the leaf's surface pH and stops the septoria in its tracks, but you're going to have to spray them every other day, and even at that rate of application I've found that baking soda only works so-so and won't really knock septoria out

A better fix is liquid copper Fungicide, (follow directions carefully)
View attachment 970172

I also run one or two 9" high velocity fans on the floor at all times

I also used a sulfur burner in conjunction with the copper fungicide above and the increased airflow to finally stop the septoria!

Haven't had it back in years, but it can come back at any time! I'm always watching for it, particularly this time of year and in the fall! Hope this info helps, good luck!

Yeh it looks REALLY similar to that...

Dammit.

thekall55

thekall55

Regular Grow Big does not have Ca in it. Also has a lot of NH4 that will drop soil PH unless it's limed pretty heavy if you are feeding heavy. Use the hydro next time unless you are using their soils (and even if you arent) or up the lime.

That's not Calcium. Bottom like that is going to be PH or watering most of the time. Specially if you are feeding already.

Looks like leaf septoria to me, my PH's of run off and water are all between 6.5 and 7.0.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Any news on the runoff ppm’s? Still looks like advanced calcium deficiency. Upper leaves with rust spots and too much fox farms trio.

Bet the ppms are quite high and the plant went from very dark green to this.

Easy to check before treating for septoria.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The organic “big bloom” bottle has the micronutrients and calcium. Still looks like too much nutes locking out calcium to me.

thekall55

thekall55

Any news on the runoff ppm’s? Still looks like advanced calcium deficiency. Upper leaves with rust spots and too much fox farms trio.

Runoff PH is 7.0 not sure about E.C though

thekall55

thekall55

I removed the affected leaves for fear of septoria... think im gonna flush it like you were suggesting, possibly acidify it a little with white vinegar and see what happens.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I removed the affected leaves for fear of septoria... think im gonna flush it like you were suggesting, possibly acidify it a little with white vinegar and see what happens.

You really need a ppm (ec) meter. Only way to monitor salt buildup over time. The excess nute buildup blocks the roots from uptake. Calcium is largest molecule so it usually locks out first.

And im just going on that you said you were feeding 50% every other watering. That can be high. But every grow is different so we meter our nutes to be sure and have some control.

thekall55

thekall55

You really need a ppm (ec) meter. Only way to monitor salt buildup over time. The excess nute buildup blocks the roots from uptake. Calcium is largest molecule so it usually locks out first.

And im just going on that you said you were feeding 50% every other watering. That can be high. But every grow is different so we meter our nutes to be sure and have some control.

Correct, every other watering, 50%. I have learned my lesson from this grow about how little nutrients are actually needed, and usually not even needed the first month.

Investing in a good PH and EC meter for the next grow.

Top Bottom