Calcium Deficiency? PH issue? Coco Growers Please Help Diagnose!

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I've had this issue on my RS11 plants only. No issue with the MAC growing side by side. Starts with slight Lightening in between the veins that looks kinda like variegation, then eventually it gets to the speckled stage on the middle-age leaves, so it's gotta be a mobile nutrient that the plant isn't uptaking. The stems are pretty red/purple also, on everything, including the MAC which could be the LED lights? I do think the dark green also hints at too much N... I'm stumped.

Grow details:
Temp: 75-80f
Humidity: 54-61% RH

Medium : Coco

Water: Reverse Osmosis

Nutrients Per Gal :
5ml MSA
7.5ml Canna A/B
2ml calimagic
1g Epsom
10ml Cannazyme

Ph: 5.9

Light: luxx 645 at 40% power 3 feet above canopy
Fans are oscillating and not really blowing directly on them too much.

I am considering flushing with just RO and Calmag and then starting with a lower base nutrient, but i can't decide what to do here.

Any thoughts?

Calcium deficiency ph issue coco growers please help diagnose
Calcium deficiency ph issue coco growers please help diagnose 2
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I've had this issue on my RS11 plants only. No issue with the MAC growing side by side. Starts with slight Lightening in between the veins that looks kinda like variegation, then eventually it gets to the speckled stage on the middle-age leaves, so it's gotta be a mobile nutrient that the plant isn't uptaking. The stems are pretty red/purple also, on everything, including the MAC which could be the LED lights? I do think the dark green also hints at too much N... I'm stumped.

Grow details:
Temp: 75-80f
Humidity: 54-61% RH

Medium : Coco

Water: Reverse Osmosis

Nutrients Per Gal :
5ml MSA
7.5ml Canna A/B
2ml calimagic
1g Epsom
10ml Cannazyme

Ph: 5.9

Light: luxx 645 at 40% power 3 feet above canopy
Fans are oscillating and not really blowing directly on them too much.

I am considering flushing with just RO and Calmag and then starting with a lower base nutrient, but i can't decide what to do here.

Any thoughts?
What kind of EC or ppm is your nutrients going in? Have you checked runoff at all? How often are you feeding? Maybe do a slurry test to see what coco ph is.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

What kind of EC or ppm is your nutrients going in? Have you checked runoff at all? How often are you feeding? Maybe do a slurry test to see what coco ph is.

going in:
Ec 1.4
Ppm 720

Runoff ppm : 1050
Ec 2.11
Ph 5.86

Haven't done a slurry test. I'll look into it

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Lower your ec goin in . Ideally u dont want your run off ec being to much higher.
I guess, but isn't it going to go up no matter what I do unless I give them a flush?

I'm about to flip to flower so I don't want to deprive them of anything right now either. How much lower should I go? Or should I do a flush with some ro and calmag then start feeding lower ec maybe?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I guess, but isn't it going to go up no matter what I do unless I give them a flush?

I'm about to flip to flower so I don't want to deprive them of anything right now either. How much lower should I go? Or should I do a flush with some ro and calmag then start feeding lower ec maybe?
You could flush with lower ec until the run off ec is same ec as whats going in..

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Red stems could also be from The led light Or genetics..

Maybe try and foliar spray epsom salt.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

going in:
Ec 1.4
Ppm 720

Runoff ppm : 1050
Ec 2.11
Ph 5.86

Haven't done a slurry test. I'll look into it
You have salt buildup which is locking out certain nutrients. I would flush plants with a low EC nutrient solution like .5 EC until runoff is close to what your putting in. Then lower your base nutrient down some get closer to 1.0-1.2 EC going in. That cal mag your feeding has nitrogen in it so probably a bit high in N. What are your watering practices? Are you watering everyday or multiple times a day? Are you keeping the coco moist or letting dry out?

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

You have salt buildup which is locking out certain nutrients. I would flush plants with a low EC nutrient solution like .5 EC until runoff is close to what your putting in. Then lower your base nutrient down some get closer to 1.0-1.2 EC going in. That cal mag your feeding has nitrogen in it so probably a bit high in N. What are your watering practices? Are you watering everyday or multiple times a day? Are you keeping the coco moist or letting dry out?
Yeah that could be it.

I water 2-3x per day usually and usually only let it dry back after transplant. The coco is reused so that could be a part of the equation. thanks for your input much appreciated!

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

got my runoff ec down to 1.0 with an input of 1.2. I'll update soon with results.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Ok I may have over- done it, but the plants are looking healthy so maybe I did it right? My runoff EC dropped to 0.9 with the input at 1.2. But the PH of the runoff is higher, when it used to runoff to below 5.9, now it's jumping to 6.4.

Seems to reason that the fact that the runoff ec drops with the rising ph, probably means the plants are actually taking up the nutrients.

20230302 132841
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Hmm looks like I'm not completely out of the woods.

Still some new spots of deficiency. Ugh I'm so frustrated!

20230304 124536
20230304 124531
Top Bottom