Calcium deficiency vs Septoria? Or something else?

• Thread starter joebe1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

joebe1

I first noticed the discoloration in the leaves yesterday but left it and it's gotten worse over night. After some research into what it may be I thought the two candidates that look most similar are Septoria or Calcium deficiency, but I'm very new to indoor growing and would love a second opinion. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

The strain is Cherry Grapefruit and It's only in the first week of growth. The humidity ranges from about 70-80% and temp ranges between 21-27 celcius.

As its still very early I haven't added any nutrients, could this be the issue?

Calcium deficiency vs septoria or something else
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
What medium are you using
Have you feed them anything
How close is the light , what wattage is it & is it dimmed

J

joebe1

What medium are you using
Have you feed them anything
How close is the light , what wattage is it & is it dimmed
Im just using organic potting soil mixed with some perlite.
I haven't fed them anything yet, but I've got some CalMag arriving tomorrow as I'm thinking this could be the issue?

The light is 600W set at about 50% brightness and its about 30-40cm away from the plants

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Im just using organic potting soil mixed with some perlite.
I haven't fed them anything yet, but I've got some CalMag arriving tomorrow as I'm thinking this could be the issue?

The light is 600W set at about 50% brightness and its about 30-40cm away from the plants
Ah right
The lights to close
Raise it to around 25-36”

Don’t add cali mg or food your plants to young and doesn’t need it not in soil

Btw you don’t need to ph organic grows that’s the one benefit I love about organics as I loathe measuring out stuff

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Is that 600 Tru watts pulled from the wall or 600 claimed watts from a misleading manufacturer? A true, 600 W pulled from the wall light is an expensive piece of an equipment! Probably about a buck a watt! There is a big difference between the two! So be careful!

Last edited:
J

joebe1

Ah right
The lights to close
Raise it to around 25-36”

Don’t add cali mg or food your plants to young and doesn’t need it not in soil

Btw you don’t need to ph organic grows that’s the one benefit I love about organics as I loathe measuring out stuff

Thanks for the advice, I've moved the lights further away but clearly some damage has already been done.

Hopefully still recoverable from here :)

IMG 5247

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
65 watts from the wall! Make sure people know this when you ask for advice! Should work for seedlings though! I just hate seeing people thinking they are getting a deal when they are getting conned! You’ll do all right!

Top Bottom