Calcium mag deficient ? Maybe someone can help me figure this out

• Thread starter Nutts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nutts

Nutts

even if it wasnt calmag def the cal can help with so much other things in soil like salt build up and nute uptake its just a good easy fix sometimes for not so bad problems.looking at the chart it could be zinc maybe as well as p,but it kinda just looks hungry to me.im not familiar with those nutes.ever have your water tested recently?could just be a tad high in lime or something and this strain is being picky.with hardwater like some well water,the longer you veg the more time the plant has to build up extra minerals that it does not need,and eventually they will start to block uptake of the good stuff.
The one thing now the plant has not bee given is microblast. Which maybe it's a micro it needs.

Nutts

Nutts

yep - i don't know what the drainage looks like under the bucket, but you want enough to where water can run out if it's just sitting. In 5 gal buckets I drill 3/8 holes around the bottom. Without these, you could be waterlogging the bottom of the pot. The biggest problems in peat is either putting down too much water, which gives you soggy bottoms, or not putting down enough water, which gives you a stratification layer in the middle of the pot. I'd drill some more holes in your buckets and give her a nice flush for your next watering, and wait to water until the top 2 inches of peat are pretty dry. If the top 2 inches of peat are dried out and the pots still feel like there's still a good amount of water in them, you're putting down too much and don't have adequate drainage. If the pot feels light before the top is dried out, you need to put down more water.

one thing I've noticed with peat is that it's extremely forgiving when it comes to nutrients. I try out different nutrients in peat all the time and have yet to see a deficiency in peat, but there's definitely a learning curve in figuring out how to water it.
I'm usualy pretty good with drainage. I have a shitload of holes drilled in the bottom and a ice quarter sized finger hole on the side at the bottom. I usually don't water unless its bone dry in the finger hole

Latest posts

Top Bottom