Calcium or Magnesium Def???

• Thread starter PuraVida305
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PuraVida305

The plants are in perlite(1gal pots in veg)
Im using AN micro grow bloom,align extract,roots excel and voodoo juice
The rezi is recirculating 25gal and changed out weekly
Im on week 2 and my EC is 1.5,rezi temp is 74*,PH is 5.8-6.1
Feeding 4x a day for 30min

Starting on the lower fan leaves and moving up

first pic is when i put them in 8-11
second pic is current 8-24
last 3 are the affected leaves

let me know if you need more info to diagnose... Thanks

S

Sea Of Green

Magnesium. Those leaf tips that are burnt and curling upwards, accompanied by the rust spots and interveinal chlorosis, starting low and moving up, are signs of a magnesium deficiency.

Better hit 'em with some epsom ASAP.

P

PuraVida305

Thanks SOG>> do you recommend foliar or in the rezi??? I gave them a light spray last night @ 1tsp/gal... how often should i spray them???

phenotyper

phenotyper

Why don't you just give them an ample dose and observe how they react? Then you could know for sure if it is a Mg/Ca issue or ph lockout.

P

PuraVida305

of epson salt or ca/mg+??? if its just a mg def i don't ned to give the ca...can ca/mg+ be given as a foliar???

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
cal. and mag.

it looks like a def. of both the rust spots look like calcium and the necrosous in the vains is mag. so the cal wont hurt epsom has calcium also so IMHO like phenotyper said give em 2 grams of epsom per gallon water and watch them if it is lockout it wont change if it is a deff. it will repair the problem

it dont seem like a ph lockout unless your meter is off you said its 5.8-6.1
right ?
was peralite hot ...?NPK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, Cal-Mag can be given as a foliar.

That doesn't look like a Mg deficiency to my eyes because I see hardly any interveinal chlorosis, but see lots of necrotic mottling right at the leaf margins. If it were my plant I'd be giving it Ca to start, then with a wee bit of Mg to make sure they continue playing well together.

If you decide to go Epsom (MgSO4) then start with 1/4tsp/gal H2O with a wee bit of soap or SM-90, something to allow it to spread and stick to the plant leaves.
If you decide to go Cal-Mag, go with a quarter dose of the root feeding application.
If you decide to try Ca only, then again, as a foliar use a quarter of the root feeding application as a starting point for foliar feeding.

I wish Calplex were more like 6% Ca instead of its paltry 3%.

S

Sea Of Green

I remember the "good ol' days" when we could get METANATURALS Organic Calcium, which was 6%. That's all I used to buy. CALPLEX™ is what I use now. I just use 2x as much. Seems to be similarly effective.

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. No calcium in it.

attachment.php

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
it does have it read this

Epsom Salt is now made from a rock substance called Dolomite, which is found abundantly in, and derives its name from, a mountainous district in the South Tyrolean Alps called The Dolomites'. When examined by the chemists, this Dolomite rock is found to belong to a very large group of substances known as 'salts', in which an alkaline base is combined with an acid radical to form a neutral substance the 'salt'. It consists of two metals, calcium and magnesium

Latest posts

Top Bottom