Calcuim Deficency or Heat Stress? (1st DWC grow)

• Thread starter Metalmitch22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Metalmitch22

Metalmitch22

I had notice 2 of my plants lower leaves getting crispy and brown spots on them. I had originally thought it to be a calcuim deficency. I had a co worker tell me its most likely heat stress as we have had a week of 98+ temps and the fans have been going constantly. I have included a picture of the leaves. I just dont want to miss diagnosis this. Any help would be appreciated.

Calcuim deficency or heat stress 1st dwc grow
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

workngrow

workngrow

Honestly not a pro but if the heat spiked and you arent cooling the water and its just a dwc bucket then your water temp was probably all out of wack too which i guess would impact nutrient uptake of the plant to some degree or another along with the heavy heat the other areas of the plant were temporarily subjected to. I wouldnt think you have any problems moving forward right now because none of the new growth shows the issue. To me that would mean that whatever the originating problem is it was just temporary. Eventually you are going to likely to be pruning those leaves anyway. Itll just be a bit of an eye sore for a time.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Heat stress would be on the top of the plant. This is at the bottom where food comes in. Is it a def, or bad pH, or even a root/buildup issue.
It could be as simple as increasing airflow or feedings.

Last edited:
UkSkunkLegends

UkSkunkLegends

Could be root problems from high nutrient temps witch could also cause ur ph or e.c to be wrong , what do ur roots look like mate

Frego

Frego

Sorry brother but yesterday you posted me to a article you written about VPD you explained it really simple but can’t find please can you link me to it please brother

sorry to go off topic

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry brother but yesterday you posted me to a article you written about VPD you explained it really simple but can’t find please can you link me to it please brother

sorry to go off topic
There ya go.

karolanne

karolanne

Saved that.

Top Bottom