Calculating LED grow light settings

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

Tell me if I figured this right. My vipraspectra led 2000 actual 200watt set at 80% should be around 160 watts. 2x2 cover requires 120watts. My girls are thriving but having heat issue. Should I dial the light back? Yes my first indoor grow.

Calculating led grow light settings
Calculating led grow light settings 2
SativaBob

SativaBob

What makes you think you're having a heat issue? How hot is your tent? Do you have a fan to keep air moving? They both look ok to me. One of my plants got tired and droopy at the end of the light cycle but usually popped back up by the start of the next cycle. If it didn't it usually needed water.

I use a ppfd sensor app on my phone and try to get the light intensity where I want it based on what stage I'm in and what's going on. I'm in my first grow too and it's working fine.
For veg I do 250-600 ppfd. Kind of a wide range so I try the middle then wait and see how the plants react.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

FWIW I have the same light at 24" above my plants right now, and they are the same size as yours. I have my light set at 100%. I don't see evidence of a heat issue, what is the temperature in your tent? I have my controller set at 80F / 65 humidity.

Foster823

Foster823

No heat issues with my plants more with controlling heat in the tent. 2 fans 6” exhaust and struggling to keep under 80f is how I should of worded it

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

80* isn't problematic, in and of itself. My outdoor girls recently got torched to over 110* for a week, and only lost a couple leaves. The top picture looks overwatered. The top is upright, but the leaves are drooping.

Foster823

Foster823

Yea I fucked that up this morning. Keep forgetting they’re different ages. Thanks for feedback I appreciate it

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
is your light a P2000? they put out more heat than the xs.

i have to run my P series at 80% for the same results as the xs series. they are definitely hotter than xs and they have a different footprint.

Foster823

Foster823

is your light a P2000? they put out more heat than the xs.

i have to run my P series at 80% for the same results as the xs series. they are definitely hotter than xs and they have a different footprint.
Yea I have the p2000 set at 80%. Was worried things were getting to warm. Dealt with heat stress for my outside girls. Prefer not to do it again especially inside. Thanks

Foster823

Foster823

Well by over water are you saying you think the amount was too much? Or you watered them too frequently? Because if you're spot watering you cold have dry spots. And roots won't grow. Causing stunting and eventually death.
Well by over water are you saying you think the amount was too much? Or you watered them too frequently? Because if you're spot watering you cold have dry spots. And roots won't grow. Causing stunting and eventually death.
In the first picThat night I gave my Hindu a little to much but normally no issues and yes big pots. My first indoor grow and didn’t want to transplant autos not ready for that yet.with each watering in try to saturate more.

Ponky

Ponky

Okay. I will suggest you water like a greenhouse worker. Saturate. When it's dry saturate again. For a bag that size at least a full 2 gallon watering can. Fully saturated all the way to the bottom.

Foster823

Foster823

Okay. I will suggest you water like a greenhouse worker. Saturate. When it's dry saturate again. For a bag that size at least a full 2 gallon watering can. Fully saturated all the way to the bottom.
Ok was worried that would cause more issues with over watering. Still trying to get a good grip on watering correctly. Thanks your advice

Top Bottom