Cali AB 2500 defeated, yes defeated...

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is what I was doing Tuesday, thanks to being a member of ASA I was notified of the upcomming vote on this rediculous bill here in Cali. I wrote and called my legislators explaining how I would be a criminal at any time I operated a motor vehical whether I was impared or not. That and that the science did not support this law. I am happy to announce along with ASA victory. Nothing brings a smile like knowing your efforts were heard. I hope all patients here in Cali can move forward now that this has failed. I strongly urge Peeps get involved. read the entire story at the ASA Blog..peace..DD

From Americans for Safe Acsess blog: http://www.safeaccessnow.org/oops_we_did_it_again_ca

Oops, we did it again!
CA AB 2500 defeated

April 29, 2014 Talana Lattimer

ASA Members helped stop another bad bill in the state legislature today! An Assembly committee just rejected a measure that would have made it a crime to drive with even a tiny amount medical cannabis in your blood (AB 2500). This is the second time this year that ordinary citizens like you stopped a bad bill in its tracks. In March, ASA members helped stop a bill that would have made it more difficult to open legal patients’ collectives and imposed fines of up to $10,000 (AB 1588).

Neither of these legislative victories happened by chance. ASA helped to organize a timely and strategic grassroots campaign to be sure we stopped these bills early in the process. We can be effective, but we need your support to keep it up. Please make a special contribution to ASA today. Our Spring Membership Drive is underway, so be sure to look at the new membership incentives.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I read about this and am *so* pleased, on many levels! :D

Another good, but unrelated bill was passed, too, just needs to pass the senate, IIRC.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Good to hear CA AB2500 is dead (for now). I`m still not going to sign up with ASA because they are behind the Tax, Regulate and Control Idea. I`d love it if they`d back CCHI, more united we are, the more likely it is that we will liberate the weed.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Cchi looks dead in the water funding wise are they still trying for later this year? I hope so MCLR isn't to my liking I'm a bit of an outlaw anyways whatever happens I'm going to keep it pushing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I keep trying to tell people it just isn`t going to happen until 2016 !

Top Bottom