Cali Connection Blackwater Help Needed

• Thread starter Kief Stoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kief Stoned

Hi all. New member long time lurker here. I am about to order some beans and I am looking for a ( surprise surprise ) purple strain that doesnt require cold temps to show colors. Ive ran Next Gen's Grapegod 3 times ( 3 seperate packs - 2 ten packs of reg and 1 ten pack fems ) and also there Purple Desiel once ( ten pack fems ) and I have not found a single purple pheno at all. Not even a hint of purple at all. The smoke was decent but nothing special in any of the phenos I found but no purple at all and no keepers basically .So now im about to order some order some new beans and I just seen the Blackwater by Cali Connection. Has anyone grew these from seed ( reg ,not fems ) ? What are my chances on finding a purple mom out of 2 ten packs of reg seeds? Alternatively, what other strain from seed ( Soma's Lavender, Purple Wreck etc ) if any would be a better choice than Blackwater? I have been on a hunt for purple for a long time and have failed at every attempt.. I am not a noob that thinks purple weed is better than green weed.. In fact, I believe that most purple weed is less potent than most green weed ( give or take ) but I do want a purple strain if for nothing else than just the "wow" apeal and conversation it brings. Thanks in advance.

devilrays

devilrays

just grew out 2 packs, 0 purp. did find a keeper though. no color at all, but green.

K

Kief Stoned

Damn.See thats what I mean.. Unless you have access to cuts it is nearly impossible to find a strain or even a mother pheno that will show purple from seed.Unless you can get the temps down to below 60f..And in the summer especially I just cannot achieve this . I have spent literally thousands of dollars on seeds alone trying to find a #$#$ing purple pheno. One would think that out of so many seeds that one would find at least ONE purple pheno to keep as a mom. I dont knock any mans hustle, such as marketing seeds as purple producers, but I think its pretty low to flat out lie on the descriptions ect about there seeds just to make a buck. Im not saying Swerve is doing this, as I have not even grown any of his gear. But rather most of the other breeders that claim to be selling purple producing seeds. I was sure I was going to find at least one purple pheno in all of the runs I made with the Grapegod,Purple Deisel and many others but it still eludes me. Well, thanks for the reply. I am pretty dissapointed after hearing that though I must say. Now I really dont know what to try besides Somas Lavender. Which was my last choice to be honest. Ive tried almost all others such as purple wreck,purple widow, tha purps and more but none have shown any purple at all. I think I will give subcools Deep Purple a shot.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

I ran subcools Deep Purple not long ago and didn't have cam at time so coulden't get pics but i ran 4 seeds 2 females ones was green pheno and the other was the most purple weed i have ever seen so mad i didn't clone it,so out of 4 beans I found the most purple bud I have seen to date!

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I have grown out many seeds from breeders that have turned some purple like:

Purple#1 from DP
Sweet Purple from paradise
The Purps from BCBD
God Bud from BCBD
Mental Floss from Chimera
HDF from TH
True Blueberry from DJ
Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush from Ace/Canabiogen
My own cross Purkle(Purple Urkle X The Purps)
and more.

The thing about most purple strains is they dont show their true colors until later in flower and usually take the cooler night time temps to get real dark purple coloring. Most my strains will get color if I drop the temps below 60 at night but some of my purple strains will show nice color in much warmer temps at night say 65-70. There are a few strains that will show color no matter what the night or day temps are and even get Purple from the very begining of budset. Phenos from Double Purple Doja, Black Rose, Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush, Sweet Purple etc....can all show purple coloring from the begining of budset. Here is a pic of Purple Goddess just starting flower, as you can see she puts down the Purple from the begining of budset.

PGa
cannabeans

cannabeans

cannacopia seeds

i would try cannocopia seeds
bubba's kush x deep chunk

i have found a few different "purple" keepers in this pack.... but truthfully they were all keepers....

and for the price.... $ 37.00 for 10 seeds!!!!!!!!

K

Kief Stoned

I just ordered me some Jackberry and I cannot wait to get them!

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I have grown out many seeds from breeders that have turned some purple like:

Purple#1 from DP
Sweet Purple from paradise
The Purps from BCBD
God Bud from BCBD
Mental Floss from Chimera
HDF from TH
True Blueberry from DJ
Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush from Ace/Canabiogen
My own cross Purkle(Purple Urkle X The Purps)
and more.

The thing about most purple strains is they dont show their true colors until later in flower and usually take the cooler night time temps to get real dark purple coloring. Most my strains will get color if I drop the temps below 60 at night but some of my purple strains will show nice color in much warmer temps at night say 65-70. There are a few strains that will show color no matter what the night or day temps are and even get Purple from the very begining of budset. Phenos from Double Purple Doja, Black Rose, Purple Pakistan Chitral Kush, Sweet Purple etc....can all show purple coloring from the begining of budset. Here is a pic of Purple Goddess just starting flower, as you can see she puts down the Purple from the begining of budset.

theres a thread on here called PURKLE.... a member on here has been working with purple urkle and the purps... Seems like every seed is genetically purple.

Thanks for giving my strain a mention bro :rock , your right so far all the phenos have put on some nice coloring. She is becoming one of my favorite smokes. I had already listed the Purkle above :evilgrin0040:

Illmind

Illmind

u should look for blackberry, double purple doja and black russian hybrids. also urkle hybrids often purp. flush good with chilled water, urkle is a late purp the othesr purp 3 weeks in flower but leaf flushes yellow a true purp, even give of purple resins, urkle hybrids aren't true purp imo dum opinion, later

2scoot

I completely get why you want purple but first you must understand some basic botany. Chlorophyll tends to break down late in the season and the anthocyanin pigments also contained in the tissues are unmasked and allowed to show through. Purple, resulting from anthocyanin accumulation, is the most common color in living cannabis other than green. Genes and the environment play a huge part in getting this color to show. Some strains have this gene for expression but if the environmental conditions aren't right you will never see this color.
One of the most beautiful plants I have seen was a Blue Satellite/OG cross, 3 weeks into flower it was a spectacular bluish-purple. What was interesting is that the room temp never dropped below 75 degrees for this expression to unmask itself.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I popped 5 out of my 10 and got a keeper. It went so Purple it looked Black. I did drop temps a bit, but not that drastic. Even before dropping temps I was getting a really bright lavender hue on the buds, almost made them look a bit like a blacklight was shinning on them.

Good luck if you decide to get a few packs. I know people talk mad shit about Swerve, but I stand behind this statement. First run beans on hybrids will always be shaky results. If you roll the dice....you never know what you're gonna get.

That being said, after my next run I will be popping a pack of Jedi Kush and a pack of WhiteFire. I love seed runs.

P

papaduc

Purple maroc is purple from the start. But the smoke is average at best.

P

PuraVida305

i was given some beans(50) by a friend with no name... it starts to get purp from the onset of flowers and turns almost black the last 2 weeks.. i think its backwater but am not sure

P

PuraVida305

another strain that i have that turns purp it chirnobl and you can find it online... GL

G

Growing247

I've grown Ken's Grand Daddy Purple and also the Norcal Purple Urkle. I have some Blackwater seeds on deck but haven't run them yet. I think your best bet is to try TGA Subcools DEEP PURPLE and sprout out as many as you can looking for a more purple pheno. The thing is, my purple Urkle did not begin to turn purple until maybe 5 or 6 weeks into flowering, so be patient. Others have had good luck with THE PURPS from BCBD. That seems like a solid shot. I am growing Cataract Kush right now, and while not purple, several phenos are nearly black. However, the most purple plant I ever grew is URKLE. Unfortunately, the high that purple gives you is not that great despite it's wonderful fruity grape taste. You're better off growing Bubba Kush or OG Kush or LA Confidential which give you a way better high.

Z

Zojomeds

Cold Water Shock

OP - Have you tried shocking your girls towards the end of flower? I have had success in getting some phenos of purple strains to show their colour even though the room temps never drop down (even at night).

Y

youngjigga

iv just got this on board now aswell:-) hope i find something nice.
Hi all. New member long time lurker here. I am about to order some beans and I am looking for a ( surprise surprise ) purple strain that doesnt require cold temps to show colors. Ive ran Next Gen's Grapegod 3 times ( 3 seperate packs - 2 ten packs of reg and 1 ten pack fems ) and also there Purple Desiel once ( ten pack fems ) and I have not found a single purple pheno at all. Not even a hint of purple at all. The smoke was decent but nothing special in any of the phenos I found but no purple at all and no keepers basically .So now im about to order some order some new beans and I just seen the Blackwater by Cali Connection. Has anyone grew these from seed ( reg ,not fems ) ? What are my chances on finding a purple mom out of 2 ten packs of reg seeds? Alternatively, what other strain from seed ( Soma's Lavender, Purple Wreck etc ) if any would be a better choice than Blackwater? I have been on a hunt for purple for a long time and have failed at every attempt.. I am not a noob that thinks purple weed is better than green weed.. In fact, I believe that most purple weed is less potent than most green weed ( give or take ) but I do want a purple strain if for nothing else than just the "wow" apeal and conversation it brings. Thanks in advance.

Y

youngjigga

I get aprox a 50/50, split of green + VERY PURPLE PHENOS OF TGA QUERKLE!. ITS A BIG YEILDER. UBER RESIN, VERY TASTY ,EASY TO GROW ETC.IV RUN ALL ^ MOST OF THE ABOVE GEAR.THA PURPS.NO PURPLE. PURPLE WRECK.NICE COLOUR,VERY PURP. + QUERKLE IS STRONG + IT CAN ALLMOST LOOK BLACK IT GETS SO PURPLE. NATURALL ASWELL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom