Cali Connection CVK and Raskal OG 1st week of flowering

• Thread starter PureSugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PureSugar

Here are a few shots of some CVKs and 1 of the two ROG phenos I have. They have been flowering for 1 week and have bushed up nice during the first week of stretch. The ROGs (I only took a photo of one, they look similar but have different smells) are from seed. The 2 different CVK phenos are clones that I got at Suite#215. One is a chem pheno the other very sativa leaning.

1. ROG
2. CVK - Chem
3. CVK - Sat pheno

Rog1week1web
Cvkpheno1week1web
Cvkpheno2week1web
S

SB805KUSH

different phenos, great pictures. plant structure in veg is one difference wait until bloom!enjoy it all!

R

REGISTRD

Very nice.. I like to see all your tops going! Defintly trained em right.. Good job.. You should get a nice yeild off those..
Keep us posted!

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

Fantastic looking bushes ya got there bro.. looking like those beauties are going to yield for ya.

M

MikeyChem

very nice i just started the Raskal OG and also OGiesel. ike the training you did

L

LEBDOG

Very nice plants! They are gonna stack up nicely!

I didn't trim my plants (CVK, ROG & HOG) before flower and missed out on a good deal of yield. You may wanna trim the canopy by the 3 week flower mark. I didn't know how to do this safely without stressing the plants and got sick and couldn't anyways.

P

PureSugar

Yeah I like to go nuts on the cropping, one of the few things I learned in 6th grade science. I topped, FIM'd, and lst'd the crap out of these. I should have already done it, but I'm going to open the plants up with a combination of stakes and ties so the light can get better penetration.

P

PureSugar

I'll post up some new picts at the end of week 2 of flower but these girls especially the ROGs are getting big... I had to stake the ROGs as they are 6 - 8" taller than the CVKs. The CVKs are starting to get really bushy but I still need to "open them up." They seem to have really hit their stride. The CVKs look like they are going to have a nice yeild (more on the chem pheno) but the sativas are still giving a good stretch so we'll see.

P

PureSugar

Very nice plants! They are gonna stack up nicely!

I didn't trim my plants (CVK, ROG & HOG) before flower and missed out on a good deal of yield. You may wanna trim the canopy by the 3 week flower mark. I didn't know how to do this safely without stressing the plants and got sick and couldn't anyways.

Hey LEBDOG-

I have trimmed up some of the bottom growth mostly for air and I feel it helps keep bugs at bay. I don't go too high as I am adding side lighting and will get the bottoms lit up...also in the picts I posted they aren't under a light just a ceiling flourescent so the bottoms so get fairly good light even now. I have good airflow and can get pretty close to the lights without any burning.

I read through your grow I don't know how you got up over 2000PPM! Until this week anything over 1000PPM would burn my girls. I hit them with 1200PPM yesterday and they loved it but unless I use much less than what Botainicare recommends I get nute burn.

L

LEBDOG

I read through your grow I don't know how you got up over 2000PPM! Until this week anything over 1000PPM would burn my girls. I hit them with 1200PPM yesterday and they loved it but unless I use much less than what Botainicare recommends I get nute burn.

To be honest it both puzzles and bothers me. Fortunately the results don't show really any nute burn at those high PPM's. I calibrated and re-cabrated my meter and have had these high PPM's for 2 grows now of this strain. I use the GH Advanced Nutrient Schedule, but where I have a 25 gallon tank, I run the schedule for an 18 gallon tank. If I ran the 25 gallon schedule, I would have hit like 3000! I learned this on my first grow (hitting 3100+ and having to dump and guesstimate), and it took a while to dial. I am not quite cool with 2000+ on this crop, but I really went by the book and a very calculated schedule and didn't want to stray.

I am no master by any means and may look at Advanced Nutrients and a few others for my next round. I think there may be a more advanced method (than the standard GH way) for me personally under my specific circumstances. This is my current research as I spent a good deal of time on canopy trimming 101 (air flow, quicker trimming and higher bag appeal).

There are a lot of new nutrient companies which I have to consider with the results I have gotten with GH. Lastly against GH, I hate their Dry Flower agent and want an alternative (conveniently I am almost out and need to re-up anyways on almost all nutes). I will stick with GH for my veg room until I run out.

Your grow looks great and I will stay tuned!

I think the way my plants were able to handle these high nutes, may have been stem size. I only ran the finest, fastest and best rooted of clones I could, and never really dropped the ball.

How large is the base stem on your plants?

P

PureSugar

2 weeks into flower now and while the plants have plumped up nicely during the last week the stretch on the CVKs (the Chem pheno especially) wasn't nearly as much as I was expecting. The ROGs on the other hand had to be tied down or they'd be a foot to 18" taller than the rest of the canopy.

Sorry for the poor quality I didn't have time to get any light on the full plant shots.

ROG
ROG Flower
CVK (Sat pheno)
CVK (Sat pheno) Flower
CVK (Chem pheno)

RaskalWeek2WEB
RaskalFlowerWeek2WEB
CVKsatWeek2WEB
CVKsatFlowerWEB
CVKchemWeek2WEB
P

PureSugar

Here are some slightly better picts... and somehow I forgot to take a pict of CVK Chem pheno flower again :headbang

ROG
ROG Flower
CVK (Sat pheno)
CVK (Sat pheno) Flower
CVK (Chem pheno)

ROGFullWEB
ROGFlower2WEB
CVKSatFullWEB
CVKSatFlowerWEB
CVKChemFullWEB
C

CAPO

Nice Pure!
You gottem bushed up perfect. I like the croutons. I used to rock the Botanicare in dirt..I liked it a lot and might go with it again on some new gear. I was wondering if you ever used a bloom enhancer with it?

I got these strains kickin too. That Chem pheno is stout bro..I don't even think she'll need staked....I'm gonna have to invent some crazy-ass trellis for my big ones as they start packin on the weight...lil worried, still got a month to go.

Yours look nice and green and healthy...good work!!

P

PureSugar

Nice Pure!
You gottem bushed up perfect. I like the croutons. I used to rock the Botanicare in dirt..I liked it a lot and might go with it again on some new gear. I was wondering if you ever used a bloom enhancer with it?

I got these strains kickin too. That Chem pheno is stout bro..I don't even think she'll need staked....I'm gonna have to invent some crazy-ass trellis for my big ones as they start packin on the weight...lil worried, still got a month to go.

Yours look nice and green and healthy...good work!!

I'm using Botanicare's Hydroplex for the first time this run so it's too early to comment on. I was going to go with the liquid/powder kool bloom but the guy at the hydro shop said Hydroplex fits in better with the rest of Botanicare line..and personally I'd probably burn the crap out of the plants with kool bloom's numbers.

I think the Sativa phenos of the CVKs will need to be staked but right now only the ROGs are staked to open them up for better light penetration.

The Raskals are about 4' tall and 3'+ around...and people say OGs don't yeild!

At first I wasn't diggin the Botanicare line then I finally figured out if you're using all or most of the supplements cut the recommended dose in half for everything including the PBP. I'll start taking it up over the next few weeks then give them one big final dose before the flush. The plants look better and it cut my nute cost almost in half!

oh and thanks for commenting I was feeling a little lonley over here :rauch08:

Here's the Alien babies recovering from a too agressive feeding:
Alien Bubbas on the left
Alien OGs everything else but the back right
Strawberry Cough Bag Seed back right corner

AlienBabies33WEB
P

PureSugar

Since I missed the CVK Chem pheno flower shot the last 2 times...

Here it is @ 10 days of 12/12.

CvkChemflowerWEB
C

CAPO

There she is !.....nice and green pure....

I can't get enough of that Chem smell man..I think I'm killing my sniffer cola...lol, she gets felt up daily....

urbanite420

urbanite420

Those are lookin like some beautiful plants bro! Yeah, I hit 2750ppm on my CVK, with only the slightest burn at the tips of the leaves running the AN sensi 2-part. What lighting setup are you using?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice pics and grow man. Bushy babies!!

P

PureSugar

Those are lookin like some beautiful plants bro! Yeah, I hit 2750ppm on my CVK, with only the slightest burn at the tips of the leaves running the AN sensi 2-part. What lighting setup are you using?

Thanks! If I go above 1200PPM I get instant burn. I'll push them a little harder next feed but my girls seem to be much less hungry than everyone else's CC gear.

4 plants under a 1000W Hortilux Dual Arc. I have 150W (real wattage not equivalent) CFLs I want to hang around the plants but I've had some personal issues that hasn't allowed me the time to hang them.

Nice pics and grow man. Bushy babies!!

Call me a homo phobe... but I like a nice bush, I got my own donkey dick...lol

Top Bottom