[Cali] Help me design a perpetual outdoor grow

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

hi folks. Living in cali, near the southern parts, looking to take advantage of some of our sun down here. Looking to do a year round grow, where I start the fellers indoors, and move them outside to finish up. Now, I'm not sure the logistics on how I would do this, but I know I would have to be worried about reverse flowering, etc depending on the season.

So here's what I have so far. I was thinking about splitting a 12 week cycle, so something like
6 weeks indoor for veg + induce flowering (maybe 3 week veg + 3 week flower?)
6 weeks outdoor to finish

So, my question is does this look allright? So, if I flower them for 3 weeks indoor, and put them outdoors, would that be enough for them to continue flowering even in summer months like may-august? Or do you think they would reverse due to too much light?

looking for some advice! thanks for any input.

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

hey, squarepusher,

i think you got a good plan, i would veg for 3 / flower for 3 then throw them outside...i found that once a plant is about 3-4 weeks into flowering it will usually finish flowering regardless of the light cycle unless your running something very sativa...genetics play a big role in this, the more indica there is in the strain the less likely it is to revert to veg, however even some sat hybrids and such will still flower when hours are rising, like wallyducks c99....sept-may you could probably cut off the 3 weeks of flowering inside..turn it into 6 week veg instead and then throw them outside to flower..good luck, let us know how it works out

D

dusty

Build a 24x48 gable end green house with a bunch of 45W CFL for supplemental.. pick up a bunch of black out canvas , set up a 12 lamp room for vegging, 96 plants in veg at all times in 7 gallon containers , transplanted in to 65 gal pots and vegged in the GH for a week with the CFL supplemental then start pulling black out canvas...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Build a 24x48 gable end green house with a bunch of 45W CFL for supplemental.. pick up a bunch of black out canvas , set up a 12 lamp room for vegging, 96 plants in veg at all times in 7 gallon containers , transplanted in to 65 gal pots and vegged in the GH for a week with the CFL supplemental then start pulling black out canvas...

good post. what you need to do also is find the right strains for each part of the year, like was suggested. Once you learn your daylight hours year round you could get an idea what strains work better at differnt times of year. this will require less tarp pulling and less effort on your part.

you will find that maybe once the og is started to flower it works all the way threw without reverting if put out between aug-nov or whatever.

with the black out tarp and sup lighting like dusty suggested you will not need to worry about vegging indoors and moveing outside as well. just set a time for the cfls to come on at 430 am or whatever time you need to keep them in veg

squarepusher

squarepusher

ok, Light deprivation? This wasn't my first choice, since it requires building a structure (I would be on rented land) and also requires daily moving the canvas which may be a little too hands on.

if i dont have any other option i have do this

S

supasticky

Not exactly sure about this, but aren't there fabrics that are used to induce flowering outdoors? you shade the plant with a % sized fabric(in micron size10%-100%) and they assume it's night. from what I understand, you just put it above the plants, so it would be a structure, but you could build it so you could put it away and so that it's not heavy. maybe someone else can chime in.

-Supa

Latest posts

Top Bottom