• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
A month after Californians legalized recreational marijuana use, Assemblyman Tom Lackey (R-Palmdale) introduced a bill Monday that would allow law enforcement to use roadside drug testing devices to check for driving under the influence.

A former sergeant with the California Highway Patrol, Lackey said his proposal takes on new urgency because of the passage of Proposition 64 on Nov. 8.

“The ballot initiative passed this year to legalize marijuana will result in more marijuana consumers on our state’s highways and roads,” Lackey said in a statement. “It is imperative that we invest in a broad spectrum of technologies and research to best identify marijuana-impaired drivers.”

The CHP is separately studying ways to identify drug-impaired drivers. A similar bill last year did not make it to the governor’s desk amid concerns that field testing devices are not dependable.

Lackey’s bill would allow tests using saliva samples taken from drivers suspected of being impaired. He said the test quickly informs officers whether the driver tested positive for several classifications of drugs including marijuana.

The measure is supported by Chief Ken Corney, president of the California Police Chiefs Assn.

“Our federal partners have demonstrated the efficacy of oral fluid testing, and we look forward to utilizing the technology at a state level,” Corney said in a statement.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...or-roadside-testing-1480982610-htmlstory.html

(Turn off ad-blockers to view webpage)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
A month after Californians legalized recreational marijuana use, Assemblyman Tom Lackey (R-Palmdale) introduced a bill Monday that would allow law enforcement to use roadside drug testing devices to check for driving under the influence.

A former sergeant with the California Highway Patrol, Lackey said his proposal takes on new urgency because of the passage of Proposition 64 on Nov. 8.

“The ballot initiative passed this year to legalize marijuana will result in more marijuana consumers on our state’s highways and roads,” Lackey said in a statement. “It is imperative that we invest in a broad spectrum of technologies and research to best identify marijuana-impaired drivers.”

The CHP is separately studying ways to identify drug-impaired drivers. A similar bill last year did not make it to the governor’s desk amid concerns that field testing devices are not dependable.

Lackey’s bill would allow tests using saliva samples taken from drivers suspected of being impaired. He said the test quickly informs officers whether the driver tested positive for several classifications of drugs including marijuana.

The measure is supported by Chief Ken Corney, president of the California Police Chiefs Assn.

“Our federal partners have demonstrated the efficacy of oral fluid testing, and we look forward to utilizing the technology at a state level,” Corney said in a statement.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...or-roadside-testing-1480982610-htmlstory.html

(Turn off ad-blockers to view webpage)
Hahaha welcome to the bad side of rec weed.... i told a buddy this was happening soon
So now they have screwed out plant counts and now theyre gonna nail us COMING and GOING

Freshone

Freshone

California didn't legalize weed they just came up with even more archaic rules and laws they can harass and bust you on.
I voted NO just like I did on prop 19 way back when,do people even read shit before they vote on things anymore?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
California didn't legalize weed they just came up with even more archaic rules and laws they can harass and bust you on.
I voted NO just like I did on prop 19 way back when,do people even read shit before they vote on things anymore?
I have always thought to vote no too.... rec weed is only going to help the feds survive with revenue. .. i dont even like pot shops.... everyone should be making their own medicine and on their own terms. Im all for caretakers but we get screwed with theses laws too

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Oregon is getting bad here too. Ban on all "child friendly" names like Cinderella 99, GSC, Bruce Banner etc. Also the laws are getting pretty fucked if your a med grower like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom