California Call To Action

• Thread starter MrBelvedere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

California State AB266 and SB643 will both destroy PROP215 and Growers Rights. Both of these have "passed" the committee vote and will be voted on soon.

1) All medical collectives and cooperatives will become illegal! Only licensed dispensaries and licensed cultivators will be allowed to sell.

2) Licensed cultivators will have to provide GPS coordinates of their gardens! WTF

3) Anybody with a felony for possession/distribution of marijuana will not be able to obtain a license to cultivate or dispense.

4) Applications for licenses require fingerprinting sent to the Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation for a background investigation

5) Exempts Patients "who cultivates, possesses, stores, manufactures, or transports marijuana exclusively for his or her personal medical use and who does not sell, distribute, donate, or provide marijuana to any other person or entity."

6) A primary caregiver can "cultivates, possesses, stores, manufactures, transports, or provides marijuana exclusively for the personal medical purposes to no more than five specified qualified patients for whom he or she is the primary caregiver within the meaning of Section 11362.7 of the Health and Safety Code and who does not receive remuneration for these activities, except for compensation in full compliance with subdivision (c) of Section 11362.765 of the Health and Safety Code. Nothing in this section shall permit primary caregivers to organize themselves as cooperatives or collectives of caregivers."

7) Counties and cities can still have grow bans like Butte,Yuba, etc do now.

8) Counties and cities that did not have grow bans will be forced to follow all of the above.

SB643 http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB643

AB266 http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB266

Senate Roster: http://senate.ca.gov/senators
Assembly Roster: http://assembly.ca.gov/assemblymembers

If you care spread these links and call the politicians up and let them know your mind, tell them their re-election depends on it. "Vote no on SB643 and AB266"

If this nonsense passes, it will LITERALLY be illegal to pass a joint to a friend in the State of California.

Last edited:
Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Government regulation has screwed up a lot of great things in the private sector. This is no surprise that they would slide in on weed too. We need to put the breaks on our runaway government. If you think this is bad wait till the feds legalize it and get their regulatory agencies involved too.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Does any know when the final vote happens?? I was thinking of moving to Cali just so I could have aback up dropping to dispenseries?

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

It's hard to tell when they will vote on it, it could be anytime they are ready and they think they have enough votes to make a pass.

The most important thing is to call the people who will be voting directly, they all have a phone number listed in the "roster" first post of this thread. Calls and emails will do more to stop this in my opinion. California NORML and ASA are actually softly supporting this with only minor critique. http://www.canorml.org/news/McGuire_bill_passes_committee

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
wasnt most of sb420 thrown out by the supreme court bc you cant modify a proposition with a senate bill?

found out the hard way norml and asa suck a big old bag of dirty dicks when we were wrangling with the county up my way

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
wasnt most of sb420 thrown out by the supreme court bc you cant modify a proposition with a senate bill?

found out the hard way norml and asa suck a big old bag of dirty dicks when we were wrangling with the county up my way
Yes and kind of yes. The legislature cannot modify a constitutional proposition, but if it's not constitutional then, IIRC, they can indeed make modifying text. The specific decision that erased SB420 is The People vs Kelly. Pretty much the only aspect retained was the ID card, non-compulsory, but does equate to a voluntary limit in numbers and amounts as originally outlined by SB420.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Cali call to action? I feel a nice poop coming on.

I need to talk to my bro about what's going on with these proposals. He is a pretty big activist, and is working with people to draw up a bill.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How about that one mojavegreen posted up last week or the week before? It's the simplest I've read to date.

Jung INTJ

Jung INTJ

Beginning to awaken from an unconscious influence of the Shadow. M. Scott Peck provided the concept that all "Reality" is over-determined. Imagine a circular core surrounded by a constellation of connected elements (Watergate & The Plumbers: G. Gordon Liddy, Charles Colson, and the Gang)
https://encrypted-tbn3.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7K_PoKpYPMWsnY8XyGWK8ghkUJa1QCUo0lFDKmWZQEhaXvDSo5A . The broader the contribution provided by a community, the more informed, aware, and prepared will its members be to make a decision. I'm not sure of others health care provider, but Deb and I are members of the Kaiser HMO, and they're taking a stand on opiod and cannabis prescription/recommendation in combination. Deb is a Cancer survivor of 11 years, with complications from surgery where she became medically disabled. Our previous Primary Care Physician understood the balance that Deb was managing between pain, digestion, and evacuation. He retired and we were assigned a new PCP (no smoking allowed, Mardi Gras '76) who is completely unwilling to provide similar care. They received a DEA notification, and it could be a back door response to the "War on Drugs" to reduce the Cannabis statistics and claim a "Victory" for the Regan inspired illusion of "Just say No".

Given the progress of government intervention to prepare for the growing, harvesting, and distribution to include a source for State revenue. It's not surprising they're interested in preparing legislation to begin a Business Model to define and manage the "Legal" channel to the consumer. This gathering of like minded individuals, willing to engage the Powers that be in an effort to shape an outcome beneficial to those aware of the value in growing one's own medicine, and determining an appropriate dosage to treat the condition each patient is challenged.

Why don't people grow their own tobacco and roll their own cigarettes? Cost to Satisfaction coefficient does not compare to a personal cannabis grow. The arrogance of those, who in the midst of the changing tide, choose to retaliate cloaked in the ideology of Patriotism. But I digress, because I'm proposing the premise that the small grower (myself 8 plants this year) to those of larger gardens (?) will probably continue to grow because we're in compliance with current ordinance and respect for our neighbors.

This thread has provided valuable information to Deb and I, and in this case nothing to do with celebrating our grow but the freedom to choose cannabis in a medicinal model.

Top Bottom