california colibri supply

• Thread starter grodankushman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grodankushman

anyone have a good place to buy bulk colibri 300ml cans? having a difficult time finding it... online or southern california would work

T

TheMadHatter

I to would like to know somewhere to purchase a case online or socal.

B

baggins

when I was in the cigar store, they had a sign up that their stock was all the colibri available. I asked what was up, and I was told that they were not going to continue to sell gas.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i guess that cigar store has decided to stop carrying it then right, as the colibri website is up and they offer butane for sale there still.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
ya im not sure, i checked into this awhile ago and it seemed like production wouldn't stop, but it is true a lot of online people are out of stock, although there are quite a few on ebay who still sell it at a high price in small cans. i know my supplier buys it 40 cases of 72cans at a time, so i will make sure to stock up if it turns out he cant get 40 more.

B

baggins

i guess that cigar store has decided to stop carrying it then right, as the colibri website is up and they offer butane for sale there still.

Yeah I went to the site as well and I do see they are selling it. The cigar store wasn't stopping just to carry another brand. The warranty on my colibri lighter states that only colibri gas be used, so I was concerned that it would void my warranty. Ronsonol ruined 2 other lighters of mine. So I would never use it for bho. Both lava and vector are 5x filtered, colibri 3x filtered, and ronsonol 0x filtering.

G

grodankushman

just bought colibri in a cigar store too, didnt see anything about discontinuation. bummer that that stuff is so hard to come by. im using the power 5x filtered which is working WONDERFULLY, but has yet to get the same awesome color the colibri got.

anyone done power/lava/vector side by side to see any differences?

and finally, any good sources for lava/vector in socal in bulk?

S

sensei13

just bought colibri in a cigar store too, didnt see anything about discontinuation. bummer that that stuff is so hard to come by. im using the power 5x filtered which is working WONDERFULLY, but has yet to get the same awesome color the colibri got.

anyone done power/lava/vector side by side to see any differences?

and finally, any good sources for lava/vector in socal in bulk?

I'd like to see some pics as well for comparison if anyone's run this test, or seen some similar tests.

G

grodankushman

so been running power 5x for a couple cases now and i gotta say im loving it. im really starting to get the hang of the purge process/getting it to a solid malleable state. my most recent batch was all golden flakes by the time i scraped the pyrex and looked great but was not desirable... still too sticky and clumpy. decided to pile it together and hit it with a butane torch from underneath to warm it up. scraped it again with the razor blade and let it cool for a second. that stuff then rolled up into a perfect ball that didnt stick to your fingers and looks like a beautiful amber marble. much like the photos in other people's threads. feel free to correct me if this is an unwise process as i am new to butane and still just kind of guessing. the next batch i do i will make sure to do a side by side with either colibri or vector or all three.

anyone turn up any luck on where to buy?

this has been a fun process ill definitely get some photos up soon

gk:rasta2:

Y

YoungDizZle

i get vector no problem where im at there are smoke, cigar, and cigarette stores all over it took like 4 stores the 1st one had 12 got all them 2nd store nothing 3rd store had xikar (expensive stuff) worked good and finally a new cigar store had a case of 12 told him to get me more the next day had 3 more cases. so shop around it is out there.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I just had a round with Power 5x and the stuff works well. Cheap too 40$ at a glass shop and I didn't even have to try and bargain. I went with Power because I can only find 3x filtered Colibri.

E

edux10

is there a cheap place to order vector online? or even colibri? I want a case of 40...

D

Donk Frog

Colbri is not out of business, what happened is a lot of thier lighters are now no longer 4 sale in north america, thus they are getting less orders from cigar shops and such, as most lighters say to use thier companies fluid, no collbri lighters, means less collbri butane orders shipped over here.

B

Bugkillerbob

Vector

You can buy Vector 5x in most cigar stores. I believe it was 29/case of 300ml cans. I got mine in El Toro SoCal

P

psillyrabbit

i used power 5x and didnt get a great yeild i usd 1 can of vector camp fuel and got almost half of what i got from 7 cans of power

Top Bottom