California Dreamin...

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Been tossin the idea around forever it seems like. Everything about Cali screams at me to get the fuck out there! And Im so ready. Michigan sucks. Time for a change. A big change. I know alotta Cali folks would urge me to stay where Im at, but for the ones with deeper insight and advice Id love to hear it. Love the country, but love to party too. Outdoorsman. Sports nuts. Surfin n snowboarding! Where are some badass places to live that are affordable, and ROCK!!??? Help me out fellas.
Quest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Man i just got back from a wedding in Cali, didn't smoke while i was out there and now i'm shredded from this 70 day bubba

but yeah, everywhere out there has affordable spots...it all depends on the neighborhood :confused:
what kind of climate you lookin for?

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I feel ya on the movin outwest, I feel like cali would feel to congested though, i already feel congested in ohio, one day though. i might just have a place in the rewood mountains

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Any experience is what you make it, so don't be dissuaded if you want to make it work. Personally I'd stay out of the major metro regions, greater SD, LA, SF. Know lots of folks who have been hidden out in nooks throughout the tahoe area over the years and been very happy.

outwest

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Ya know, I actually have an uncle who lives right on Tahoe. Wow I kinda forgot about him. He's like 80. Great uncle. Frickin millionare. Good idea Outwest! Howz the market? Underground Top Shelf?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ill say this,If you come to cali you will already have friends to support you,let us know how we can help.Its such a big and diverse place you gotta give more info as to what your looking for and the environment you want to be in.Its not like the midwest where you can drive 100 miles in any direction and it looks the same,socal is warmer and dryer and you can be in the desert,ocean,mountains or hustle bustle of a city all within an hour of each other,on the other hand norcal is cooler and wetter and you can be in the towering redwoods,gorgeous mountains and unreal coastline,its 1500 miles long of diversity with a shit ton of people crammed in their too.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Plenty of room here in CA, northern half is better for your health, the south for the pockets.The middle sections all depends on the weather, you just never know !!

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Ill say this,If you come to cali you will already have friends to support you,let us know how we can help.Its such a big and diverse place you gotta give more info as to what your looking for and the environment you want to be in.Its not like the midwest where you can drive 100 miles in any direction and it looks the same,socal is warmer and dryer and you can be in the desert,ocean,mountains or hustle bustle of a city all within an hour of each other,on the other hand norcal is cooler and wetter and you can be in the towering redwoods,gorgeous mountains and unreal coastline,its 1500 miles long of diversity with a shit ton of people crammed in their too.
Thankyou my freind. Reassurring to know my boyz got my back. I really dig the country, but came from the city. Big hunter, fisherman and gatherer. Love the woods. Never explored the desert. Lol, Id never leave with all the snakes! Frickin love snakes! In fact, I just got two of the biggest Cali Kingsnakes Ive ever seen! They are a six foot breeding pair. Beautiful! Ill post a pic.
Cali's diversity climate wise is whats so attractive to me I think. All the stuff to do. All the dank genetics! Love beach. Been to Florida a million times, but u cant really surf the waves there, not while I was visiting anywayz. But Im 35 now. I wanna see outwest! I wanna live free! Smoke a fattie sittin on tje edge of a cliff watchin the sunset. Been a dream of mine sunce I was a teen smokin down! Lol, I,know kooter has heard me mention that dream a shitload of times, tryin to talk him into headin out there with us! Lol.
Maybe central Cali, so I could enjoy the diversity by short drives in different directions. Howz that sound?
I really appreciate everyone chiming in to help me. Pretty cool shit goin on at The Farm. Thankyou. Any dispensary or Collective owners out there lookin for a good farmer to put on the team?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I live in the mountains just outside of LA its fucking awesome. made the move 6 months ago will never look back. never. The state is huge and traffic sucks but finally gone where the climate suits my clothes.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Earthquake and ensuing Sunami,, thats why I left 25 years ago....Comming soon...
Im at 4250' elevation so bring it on ill have beach front property,lol
Qleaner,LOTS of good hunting and fishing here,love to hunt quail,chukar,deer also very good fishing both fresh and salt or you can combine both and spearfish if your not too squeamish about the taxman,lol.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hell yeah Fishwhistle! Sounds AWESOME! What all are ya catchin freshwater? I know there are large mouths, salmon and I beleive White Sturgeon tto, right? Man Id love to land one of theem big bad mo fo's! I actually hooked a Black Sturgeon up north in Alpena yrs ago. Didnt land him though. Broke my line. Didnt know how to work a drag yet back then!

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Alrite, gettin close to bein ready. Id like to roll out around July and move out there. Lotsa nice places on Craigslist. Was lookin in "Gold Country" and Humboldt so far. Them sections if the ads. Around a grand a month till we get established out there.
If anyone has rentals or knows of a grow freindly renter, let me know please. I am a fairly well skilled carpenter/painter, but will alwayz a garden on deck!! Openminded to climate. Just dont wanna see snow! Unless I want too, ya know?!! Thankyou for any help guyz/galz. Peace.
Quest

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

humboldt can be a bit gloomy at times, but when the weather is nice it's fucking awesome!!! I live in sonoma county, it's nice but not worth the price of admission. Tahoe is beautiful but the winters can be a little hard, but then again you are coming from michigan so disregard the hard winter statement. Anywhere in the central valley is gonna be hot in the summer. I feel like LA gets a bad rap. good climate and TONS of stuff to do. if you enjoy music or movies, no tour or limited engagement movie ever skips LA. I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you choose. And last but not least, STAY THE FUCK OUT OF LAKE COUNTY!!!! unless you like meth, then by all means move right in.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey whassup mayo? Thanks for dropping in and givin me your perspective. Humboldtwas actually the second section I checked out on Craigslist. Seen some pretty decent options there. Actuallysent out a couple emails. I also checked out a section called Gold County, or maybe thats a sales "pitch", but it was an actual section. Seen some nice places there too. And for a second I looked in the Orange Co., section. $2500 a month, and had fuggin waterfalls,15ft tall right in your fron yard! Yeah, dont see that around here!
Yeah man, Ive got 3 boyz, 3-13yrs old. I dont want meth anywhere around. Thanks for the headsup.
Quest

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

alot to do in orange county thats the home of disneyland and a million pot clubs. since you have 2 young boys that might be a little to fast paced for your liking. you might wanna check out the jobs section of the coresponding area that you are trying to move to. some areas are a little lean on work right now. Good luck and keep us posted

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gold Country is where the 49'rs came to pan and sluice for gold. We still have very much the same mindset here, and we have people whose families have been here since the Gold Rush. Be careful in choosing your location since you have kids. In fact, in ANY rural area, methamphetamine is popular. And in San Diego (stay outta Spring Valley!).

OC has jobs where the Gold Country doesn't. It also has crime like the GC doesn't. It's all a trade-off, especially if you're going to be renting and not buying.
Ya know, I actually have an uncle who lives right on Tahoe. Wow I kinda forgot about him. He's like 80. Great uncle. Frickin millionare. Good idea Outwest! Howz the market? Underground Top Shelf?
Tahoe proper is going to be as expensive, and populated, as any other urban area of the state. Stay completely the fuck out of the Central Valley and away from Stockton, mkay? CRIME, and they are not 420-friendly. Also, many of the foothill areas are unfriendly, so again, be aware of the local laws and ordinances in any area where you plan to move. Any good real estate agent should be both willing and ABLE to discuss these things with you.
Have you ever driven the north-south length of California? Fortunately it's not as bad as Texas, but it still takes a LONG fucking time to get there!
Thankyou my freind. Reassurring to know my boyz got my back. I really dig the country, but came from the city. Big hunter, fisherman and gatherer. Love the woods. Never explored the desert. Lol, Id never leave with all the snakes! Frickin love snakes! In fact, I just got two of the biggest Cali Kingsnakes Ive ever seen! They are a six foot breeding pair. Beautiful! Ill post a pic.
Cali's diversity climate wise is whats so attractive to me I think. All the stuff to do. All the dank genetics! Love beach. Been to Florida a million times, but u cant really surf the waves there, not while I was visiting anywayz. But Im 35 now. I wanna see outwest! I wanna live free! Smoke a fattie sittin on tje edge of a cliff watchin the sunset. Been a dream of mine sunce I was a teen smokin down! Lol, I,know kooter has heard me mention that dream a shitload of times, tryin to talk him into headin out there with us! Lol.
Maybe central Cali, so I could enjoy the diversity by short drives in different directions. Howz that sound?
I really appreciate everyone chiming in to help me. Pretty cool shit goin on at The Farm. Thankyou. Any dispensary or Collective owners out there lookin for a good farmer to put on the team?
Oh... shit. <facepalm> We get the black/white morphs up here, and I had never seen a wild king in California until I moved up here. Strikey little fuckers, they want NOTHIN' DOIN'. Back in 2001, the weekend of the WTC attacks, I went out to the desert north of Yucca Valley with my son, father, and son's friend. My folks have a cabin in a little place called Landers (VERY tectonically active place! is tectonically a word..? If it ain't then I just made it up). In any event, on the evening of the 15th I went out on a quad ride with my son's friend. It was going great, and then we ran across this little bitty GREEN snake. I had to stop. It was a rattler! A baby, it only had a single rattle bud, but it was quite calm, so I got a hold of it because it was GREEN! We were cool for about 15-20mins, and then I got distracted, looked away, must have let its tail down just enough and BAM, it bit me. Now I can't handle rattlesnakes barehanded anymore. But! I can handle all the constrictors, no problem. :D
I've yet to see a rattlesnake up here. :(

Earthquake and ensuing Sunami,, thats why I left 25 years ago....Comming soon...
You were living in the wrong place. Where we are, less than 10% ground shake (I'll pull up that map I like to share), and if it ends up beach-front property, it was at one time anyway, so...?

Did you know that the Sierra Nevada range is rising NOT because of tectonic activity, but because the granite plutons are FLOATING above the surrounding rock? They still have a ways to go, and so the Sierra still rises. The Sierra used to be a chain of islands, just like the Channel Islands off the coast, several chains IIRC. They were pushed up onto the North American Plate, which then tilted, which is why the western scarp is a gentle rise, and the eastern scarp is so spectacular.

Ok, mah groundshake map. :D
http://redirect.conservation.ca.gov/cgs/rghm/pshamap/pshamain.html

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Damn sea a mojave green is nothing to play around with,lucky your here,did they take you to loma linda or was it a dry bite?VERY lucky either way.

Top Bottom