California Growers Look Here!

• Thread starter monkey5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
(i) Any person who threatens the enjoyment of these provisions is guilty of a misdemeanor. The maximum penalties and fines of a misdemeanor may be imposed.

holy shit a potential ballot measure I can actually endorse - fucking eh - this needs to be the one!

thx @monkey5

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s almost certain something is going to pass in 2016 and this is much better than the Tax, Regulate and Control laws that could be. It`s still not perfect, but I could live with this. That`s why I endorse this as Cali law starting in 2016. It wouldn`t stop big corps from getting in the cannabis trade, but it would still allow the small Mom and Pop farmers a piece of the pie. No mater what the prices will drop but, I`m thinking the consumers would benefit while those who want to work hard can still make a little off their efforts. Not everyone would want or be able to grow their own medications. Some people would still do good with clone and seed farms and the pick and shovel store fronts would continue to be profitable giving counties much needed jobs. The State would collect some taxes and fees while saving bunches on correction costs. This would free up room from over crowding and end up making society more fair and safe. I`d be more in favor of repealing the unfair laws and not governing this issue at all, but I don`t see that happening. If the Tax ,Control and Regulate laws get passed it would favor large investors and not consumers. It would also leave many to continue to be criminals.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I sure hope so Mark......because I have a few friends who are hurting because of the new ordinances.

Don't county ordinances surpass state laws? Say for instance....Kentucky....it is legal to buy and sell liqour, unless you are in a dry county, which has ordinances against it.

(i) Any person who threatens the enjoyment of these provisions is guilty of a misdemeanor. The maximum penalties and fines of a misdemeanor may be imposed.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Depending on how it is written State law almost always trumps County laws. Chain of Government(California); all counties and cities are elements of or franchise of State authority. States are separate members of the Federal Union of the states and are sovereign except for provisions in the US Constitution. Presently California State law leaves land use laws not covered by statue up to the counties to govern as civil code. Two ways to over ride this on the state level would be statutory law by the Senate or a more sovereign law passed by majority of the people. Laws passed by majority of the people cannot be amended or dismissed by the State Government , but state laws can be amended or dismissed by the vote of the people. The Federal courts have ruled that states do not have to enforce Federal laws and that states have the right to pass state law in contrary to Federal Law. Federal law does trump state law however. It`s just that they may be on there own to enforce any laws not supported by the states. The more states fall away from Federal cannabis`s view of a threat, the harder it will be to excuse such efforts and expenses. California ,although not the present front runner in the effort to legalize cannabis any longer, has the ability to become both a front runner again and set the stage for future changes to other state laws and even what Federal law in the future will look like. This makes the California efforts to legalize cannabis in the 20016 elections the single most important factor to this ends in the world. It could stand the whole world on the edge of acceptance of legalization or not depending on how the election goes. Please vote! and please consider support the dream, www.chii2016.org .

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Depending on how it is written State law almost always trumps County laws. Chain of Government(California); all counties and cities are elements of or franchise of State authority. States are separate members of the Federal Union of the states and are sovereign except for provisions in the US Constitution. Presently California State law leaves land use laws not covered by statue up to the counties to govern as civil code. Two ways to over ride this on the state level would be statutory law by the Senate or a more sovereign law passed by majority of the people. Laws passed by majority of the people cannot be amended or dismissed by the State Government , but state laws can be amended or dismissed by the vote of the people. The Federal courts have ruled that states do not have to enforce Federal laws and that states have the right to pass state law in contrary to Federal Law. Federal law does trump state law however. It`s just that they may be on there own to enforce any laws not supported by the states. The more states fall away from Federal cannabis`s view of a threat, the harder it will be to excuse such efforts and expenses. California ,although not the present front runner in the effort to legalize cannabis any longer, has the ability to become both a front runner again and set the stage for future changes to other state laws and even what Federal law in the future will look like. This makes the California efforts to legalize cannabis in the 20016 elections the single most important factor to this ends in the world. It could stand the whole world on the edge of acceptance of legalization or not depending on how the election goes. Please vote! and please consider support the dream, www.chii2016.org .

One of the most well written breakdowns I have ever read. +1k rep. Would post this to NORML and MPP- they don't write half as clearly as you do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom