california medical marijuana cultivation question

• Thread starter manaconda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

manaconda

I would like to grow weed in my garage.I have all legal medical paperwork for myself so that is not a problem,the problem is the mrs. is a school teacher and is worried about her license being in danger if feds came knocking,her being around elementary age kids all day is the issue.I also have a college age dependent,is he at legal risk?weed would be for personal pain control only.Any info or options would be helpful thanks
jj :scared0016:

D

dota

Manaconda -

As long as you are growing within your county's plant limits, and aren't growing within a stones throw of a school (some counties have ordinances against it) - you don't have a thing to worry about.

States that have passed medical marijuana laws have done it for a reason - to give those of us who need medicine a means acquire it in a safe and inexpensive way.

"Feds" - AKA DEA - are interested in big busts (500+ plant operations), multi-site crime syndicates, and unfortunately medical dispensaries.

If your state has passed a medical marijuana law - you have rights, so know them.

Just a couple things to give your wife peace of mind -
- Feds aren't interesting in small grow-ops.
- You have a legal right to grow medical cannabis.
- Teachers have a right to grow medical cannabis.
- As long as you are operating within the means of the law, law enforcement can't do jack shit - even if they are standing smack in the middle of your show.
- Your college dependent is 100% safe - everyone in the house is 100% safe.

Rules to live by:
- Don't tell anyone about your grow show.
- Keep smell and electrical / ventilation in check so neighbors don't complain to local law enforcement.
- Know your rights.
- Never let a cop into your house.
- Be safe and grow happy. - all is well.

R

Rolln J

keep your grow and your medicine locked up and everybody is safe

M

manaconda

thanks for your reply I feel better already good karma too all

H

HappyJackal

keep it real

Hey Manaconda~
Good luck with the op! It's good to hear solid encouragement from dota, and I'm sure it will all work out lovely for you, but I believe in good risk assessment, and there are a couple of pieces you should add into the equation...

1) Cultivation is still a federal crime, regardless of your state's laws. Federal forfeiture laws are still in effect, and are enforceable at the discretion of Fed attorneys, not your local D.A. While everything dota said is surely correct, you should understand that small growers have and continue to face life-changing experiences should they somehow run afoul of The Man.

2) Even though the Mrs.' teaching license should withstand a legal challenge in court (or the union hall or wherever) if it ever gets that far, you'll have to deal with the Court of Public Opinion first. Your neighbors, strangers, busybodies and the local news may well ostracize her and you for your "legal" activities. As they say in west Africa, "tongues kill." Not saying this will happen to you, just something to think through before you put it on the line.

Good luck, grower!

R

Rysam

My wifey is a (soon to be) 1st grade teacher. we had talks at great length about this and basically feel that if we are within state legal limits then its no different than getting vicodin from the dentist.
She doesn't have her card because she's paranoid about having a "pre-existing" condition and her bennies. However I am a card carrier and am also a caregiver, so as long as I can cover my plants with scripts, Im golden and so is she.

Its nobodys business but my own what medicine i take or provide for my patients.

Top Bottom