California medical marijuana recommendations validity in other states

• Thread starter kushpheen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushpheen

Does anyone know if your California medical marijuana recommendation is valid in other medical marijuana states or would one need to find another licensed doctor in the corresponding state?

C

CoughingMan

I dont know for sure but I would imagine you would need to get a new one for each state. I could be wrong though.

P

PureSugar

Does anyone know if your California medical marijuana recommendation is valid in other medical marijuana states or would one need to find another licensed doctor in the corresponding state?
That I'm not sure about...but for sure California only accepts California Recs.

Also I don't know if other states are the same but in Cal you MUST be a resident to get a rec. so that's something else to consider.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I would like to think it would be arguable to leo..For instance, just because you leave California and go to Oklahoma or some shit doesn't mean your medical condition stays in CA your sick where ever you go:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

K

kushpheen

I think the legal gray area here is the difference between a recommendation and a prescription. With each state having different conditions to qualify for medical status, it presents a very interesting dilemma.

Well said greenthumb, No matter where I travel, my condition stays with me....

R

rocks211

No, I believe Montana is the only state that recognizes out of state recs. I've even read about people with current California recs getting arrested in Nevada for possession. Fucked up

sky high

sky high

Montana and Rhode Island will recognize cards from other states (CO for one) but I'm not sure if it is reciprocal or not. I do know you have to estsablish residency here in CO to become legal.

If the state you travel to has no med provision you are likely to see possession charges if you are stopped/busted. At least that's the way it works in Utah. Cost me $1000/2 charges when I got stopped a few years ago. they cared not that Colorado has med...only that Utah DOESN'T.

be safe, all.

s h

M

MJPassion

Sky High said it right...

You know why it's so windy in West CO?

Cause Utah blows and Kansas Sucks... haha neither one are legal...

Top Bottom