California Pg&e

• Thread starter Mitygrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

You should see the electrical bills on the large commercial buildings. I worked for a building that was only 6 stories and they paid over 50k a month in electrical. Wonder what the bank of america building in San Fran pays a month? Worked there many times also, installed RF equipment on the roof. Awesome job.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You'll still be using 800W. No love for the sun, eh?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
change all your bulbs in your house to floros, dont leave the computer on. same thing with tvs and what not. not that this will fix a $1800 bill but it should help about 30-40 a month depending on how big your home is. dont keep a bare fridge put some 1 gallon water jugs in there to retain the cold so its not running all the time unplug anything unecassry or use a power strip you can turn off. this will say you another 20 or so. run the lights at night when its cooler and if all possible go down to an 18/6 veg during the days hottest times so the a/c dont have to run so hard. if not venting some of the hot air use a scrubber and a 6 inch to vent it up into the attic or outside if possible. maybe add another a/c if you can so they dont have to work so hard toeep it cool.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

change all your bulbs in your house to floros, dont leave the computer on. same thing with tvs and what not. not that this will fix a $1800 bill but it should help about 30-40 a month depending on how big your home is. dont keep a bare fridge put some 1 gallon water jugs in there to retain the cold so its not running all the time unplug anything unecassry or use a power strip you can turn off. this will say you another 20 or so. run the lights at night when its cooler and if all possible go down to an 18/6 veg during the days hottest times so the a/c dont have to run so hard. if not venting some of the hot air use a scrubber and a 6 inch to vent it up into the attic or outside if possible. maybe add another a/c if you can so they dont have to work so hard toeep it cool.

I got way more conscious about my power consumption after I started growing indoors, now I just need to rig up some solar panels to power my greenhouse ventilation this summer :D

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I just want to know what everybody is paying for PG&E my bill is super high and it scares the s*** out of me what is everybody else doing are you on some kind of rate plan are you on care what is up my bills been like 1750 a month
Damn bro I have about the same running in Colorado and my utility bill was 600 a month...that's invluding gas:D

M

Mitygrows

My bill sucks bad.i want soler but can't right now.i might get 6 gavita 750.insted of the 1000s.to try and save money.just need to sale my gavitas 1000s to get them

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
PG&E likes their money. Pay on time every month and you wont have a problem. Good luck, hope your killin it.
Yea there hurting.... poor Pg&E. After the billions they are paying out for that pipe line explosion they were finally held accountable for....... One for the common man.!!!! Be a good farmer and double that payment to them to help the poor corporation out!!!! J/K bro........... your bill does seem high for that sized set up.o_O

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if you veg under the gavies try vegging under T-5 or CFL instead and save the gavies for flower time only.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

No I got cut off care.so it's high as f,,,but I can't stop growing I love it.thinking of renting a warehouse to grow in that way I get industrial electric bill I hope.
Shit come up here and do that, I think City of Seattle charges $.06/KWh for businesses

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya unless you got limitless duckets getting a solar powered whse grow would be cost inhibitive, at least the the upfront cost. Then again I'm not even sure how many lights a good solar array can push. Then you have all of your ancillary gear. Might be a stretch.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yea there hurting.... poor Pg&E. After the billions they are paying out for that pipe line explosion they were finally held accountable for....... One for the common man.!!!! Be a good farmer and double that payment to them to help the poor corporation out!!!! J/K bro........... your bill does seem high for that sized set up.o_O
"They're" paying out...? Not quite. Those costs are being passed onto ratepayers. Wanna know who underwrote/paid for those pipelines and infrastructure in the first place? The ratepayers. PG&E and other large utilities are basically allowed to double-dip by the CPUC on the regular.
Solar powering a where house grow? I don't think so.
Why not? Our home's running 12KW in panels, and the entire package we got, which included replacing the entire HVAC system, additional insulation, and an 8KW back-up gennie, was $90K out the door. Not to mention the new switch, breaker boxes, panels and subpanels. Spend $100K and you can certainly increase the kilowatt capability of the panels.

Your bigger problem, honestly, is in getting PG&E to sign off on the build-out. They really like to take their time and right now they're seriously fighting all alternative energy efforts that aren't paying out for their shareholders. This is why I've come to the conclusion that utilities should not be "for profit" entities.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
"They're" paying out...? Not quite. Those costs are being passed onto ratepayers. Wanna know who underwrote/paid for those pipelines and infrastructure in the first place? The ratepayers. PG&E and other large utilities are basically allowed to double-dip by the CPUC on the regular.

Why not? Our home's running 12KW in panels, and the entire package we got, which included replacing the entire HVAC system, additional insulation, and an 8KW back-up gennie, was $90K out the door. Not to mention the new switch, breaker boxes, panels and subpanels. Spend $100K and you can certainly increase the kilowatt capability of the panels.

Your bigger problem, honestly, is in getting PG&E to sign off on the build-out. They really like to take their time and right now they're seriously fighting all alternative energy efforts that aren't paying out for their shareholders. This is why I've come to the conclusion that utilities should not be "for profit" entities.
Wow!!!! As I am not a CA citizen I was not ware of that. Dang......... No bueno with that shit. Thanks for enlightening me Sea........ That really sux.:(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I learned a whole lot about PG&E and how utilities function over the past few years. Dug deeper into it after the San Bruno blast, and that's when I learned that ratepayers AND taxpayers have underwritten infrastructure that we still have to pay monthly fees for. They get it going up AND down.

Top Bottom