California Photoperiods

• Thread starter petraus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
petraus

petraus

waddup farmers, got a question!

I got some plants about 6inches, acclimatized to sunshine and all....

If I put them in a 2gallon pot today, will there be enough time in the season for them to be planted in the ground after they fill the pot up?

I can't put them into the ground till July 1st....so, should I just plan for full container gardening or is it ok to plant big plants outdoors first of July?

BudBogart

BudBogart

I planted a replacement last year around July 4 th. She did just fine. Maybe not quite the monster as the ones planted in May, but I was definitely pleased with the results of planting a teenager into the ground in July. Good luck

petraus

petraus

What if it wasn't just a teen, but a 3ft nice bush in a pot beginnning of July....and the plant could very well continue living in this pot....would it better to replant into the ground?

Do roots still grow and expand during flowering? I imagine the transplant will take two weeks of root growth away cause the change of environment....so assuming flowering is "triggered" at end of July...are those two weeks of new ground roots worth the loss of 2wks of solid container root growth?

Top Bottom