california prices?

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chromedoggy

chromedoggy

supply and demand...same in any industry. People want what they can't have. The trick to this game is getting product to places that don't have it. The closer you are to the source, the lower the value of the product. A lot of this industry is transportation, those with the ability to move product often have a better business than those that grow...this is true in all farming, distribution is generally more lucrative than production.

As for WHY anyone would sell so low, when one has been without income all season, and one needs to cover expenses, one is forced to do things one might otherwise not want to do.

High quality product is moving, even now, and prices will go up as things get harder to find.

Keep in mind, too, that it's hard to know which fad will be most popular 10 months later, and which strains will be successful in any given climate, so not every plant grown will be what everyone wants come market day.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i feel ya, posting from my smart phone is a bitch most of the time..sorry got it off topic

is it safe to say that this product might be similar to other goods where the best product brings the highest dollar? seems like less desirable everything goes for less in all markets...another question, why would someone want to come to a relatively flooded market and try to sell anything BUT the fire?? is this what you guys mean by all the bunk growers throwing there shit around for dirt cheap?
It was a really good year for outdoor..lots of good stuff to choose from..
:)

;)

K

kolah

Sorry to say this folks but prices will continue to go down, esp in the "legal" states like Cali, WA and CO.

So is "legalization" worth it? I say yes... as I'd rather see people staying out of prison. It will certainly hurt a lot of growers who make a living off growing the Great Green Ganja, though.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Unless of course you ship your MMJ to a non-legal state..heh-heh. ( $400-500 for an oz in some states). But that's a steep risk at the fed level huh?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
prices go back up in the summer when the outdoor is gone. It happens every year even when people say "it wont happen again this year"

people smoke a lot of meds.

high grade indoor 2800-4k. that's right on point. and like everyone else said, it has to be superior. I suggest taking a look at everything the shop has before asking them for a donation for your stuff. It's good to see what is on the shelves already so when the owner is trying to lowball you, you have know how to respond.

P

paperplane

From what I have seen Outdoor up in the triangle started at $2k per p. Then it came down to about 1-15 depending on quality. Indoor up in the triangle is going anywhere from 23-3000. In the city Outdoor is super cheap. Its a lower quality but peeps are getting for $800-$1000. In the city indoor is like 1800-2500. I have a buddy who just took some Indoor Larry OG that was A grade he was donated $2500 at the club. My friend tried to get 28 but club owner said those prices will come around march or april? But regardless my buddy took the 25 and thought it was FAIR.

P

paulycali

Clubs are still paying. You just better have some top notch Og's. $3200 all day long. Other indoor varieties like blue dream ect. Barely can fetch $2500 a unit at the moment. Things will change. To much good quality outdoors still floating around. If you've got the best and it must be of top notch Og's and close resembling varieties then your all good but you still have competition as no one turns down chronic outdoor that's at half the price of good indoor. These are Socal prices to. South of LA

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Prices will continue to fluctuate seasonally, undoubtedly. Some people just can't wait that long. the benefit of these market influences is that the quality will go up, and if you excel at what you do, you will be compensated, as in any other industry.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Wonder what the prics are in the UK? I used to get top prices there a few years ago when I had contacts.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Sorry to say this folks but prices will continue to go down, esp in the "legal" states like Cali, WA and CO.

i'm not so sure about that bro. i'm not sure where you're at but in washington they want to taz weed 3 times, from grower-processed-retail level, the price of weed up here is gonna be stupid.

it makes me think of the bill they duped us into a couple years ago with alcohol. we had state run stores but costco pushed for privatization of liquor. they promised us lower prices but that was a lie. when you walk into a grocery store they have a sticker price that looks really nice but once you hit the register and hear the final total you're left with a big fat shit in your pants. they add a super high tax and then a second per liter charge. booze cost atleast $5 bucks a 1/5 more then before shit probably even more i don't keep track. we have way more access to that shit now and it cost more. the state of washington didn't do this ro be nice they did it to tax the fuck out of it straight up. the price of weed up here is gonna sky rocket.

Cort

Cort

The trick is to have something they want. I went in to talk to my favorite shop yesterday before going out looking for new genetics. He saw me and his eyes lit op hoping I had brought him some of that unknown bubba cross, low yielding fire I have.

Said he has 5# of bomb ass trainwreck in the back that is slow moving. If I came at him with the usual cash cropper strain he would donate little, if at all. How much of that is show, who knows. People grow cash crops because they would rather yeild 2-3+ a light and donate get 2k per quickly than grow 1# and get 3500 and take longer doing it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The trick is to have something they want. I went in to talk to my favorite shop yesterday before going out looking for new genetics. He saw me and his eyes lit op hoping I had brought him some of that unknown bubba cross, low yielding fire I have.

Said he has 5# of bomb ass trainwreck in the back that is slow moving. If I came at him with the usual cash cropper strain he would donate little, if at all. How much of that is show, who knows. People grow cash crops because they would rather yeild 2-3+ a light and donate get 2k per quickly than grow 1# and get 3500 and take longer doing it.

Unless the strain is a quality cut of WIFI and some of Alien's high yielding gear. Guess that would be a win/win all around...

P

paperplane

you also gotta grow what the lastest fad is. I hate to say it, but like GSC. Look at the prices that med is bringing. If all you have is old "dated" genetics its hard to get good prices, shit you can barley even get people to look at it. Gotta grow what the people want. It took me awhile to understand this. It doesnt matter what I think is fire or what I think is "GOOD".all that matters is what the general population likes and what they want.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you also gotta grow what the lastest fad is. I hate to say it, but like GSC. Look at the prices that med is bringing. If all you have is old "dated" genetics its hard to get good prices, shit you can barley even get people to look at it. Gotta grow what the people want. It took me awhile to understand this. It doesnt matter what I think is fire or what I think is "GOOD".all that matters is what the general population likes and what they want.

spot on here. That's why the OG's still fetch the high ticket in cali.

fractal

fractal

That's outdoor, but what about indoor? I'm in RI and the 3 dispensaries are rearing up to open. Theyve been given the ok to buy caregiver excess. When askeed about price they said they would be competitive with the west, roughly 1800/lb. (Everything in RI is indoor). Then I watch weed wars that night and the budtender at harborside was paying 4k for a lb. Now granted, it was from the 1 grower who never gets less than 35 and they tried to give him like 38 first but he wasn't having it. Now lets say thats AAA stuff, why wouldn't AA or A stuff still get 25-28??? All I know is 18 won't get my meds on their shelves.

Funny! I hope you laughed in their face. They are 3,000 miles away from the west coast and think they are going to get Cali prices? I hope they have their own connect to mail them stuff because otherwise like you said they aren't going to be getting anything good in stock at those rates. Greedy fuckers.

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

Funny how 'what they want' varies...basically, you have to find a buyer looking for what you have, or grow what you know your market is looking for...and, of course, that often seems to change before your plants are ready.

Interesting, the costs associated with legalizing and taxing anything...do those costs go to the producer, though, or the government? Would the price paid the grower go down to accommodate the overall price hike? I guess we'll find out.

We live in interesting times!

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I watch the units go throw 3 sets of hands, starting at 2 and going out the door at 24 to 26 in the sac airea., I would call it B+++ grade indoor.

Its all about who you know, and how many hands it go's throw.

Top Bottom