Call me crazy- SUPER LATE Apollo 11 outdoor grow

• Thread starter matkins1234
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

matkins1234

I have a 3ft tall Apollo 11 mother that is six weeks old. I bent the stem via high stress training at three weeks, and I have been topping the hell out of her since then. This is my favorite way to do mothers as I usually get about 40-60 clones off of a mother this way after six weeks of veg.

She was vegged under 2 54w HO t-5's, nothing fancy or too costly on electricity. In fact t-5's are also my preferred way of vegging as I can put them right up to the plants and get growth that just isn't possible with a MH.

That being said, i'll post some pictures either tomorrow or the next day since the spot I have picked for her gets perfect darkness at night (that's right, i'm flowering outdoors in the winter).

Before anyone says anything about the time of year and what not, do know that I know what i'm doing. I have been helping my close friend with a MASSIVE greenhouse project the last few summers in a row..

However, winter is just as important a time to grow in my opinion if you can get away with it. I live in SoCal so the winter is just warm enough, and just sunny enough to produce some great nugs. My favorite things about flowering at this time year are the increased resin production (this may be because of decreased bud mass, but the cold weather makes my plants crystal up wayyyy more than they do during the summer), and the fact that everything I've ever grown at this time of year turns purple.

The only problem i've had in the past with winter crops is that the yield suffers a lot, hence why I vegged her out three weeks longer than I normally would.

Should be a good grow and I suspect that there will be some purple Apollo 11 in about 10-12 weeks. :evilgrin0013:

Top Bottom