• Playstation 3

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • X-box 360

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
i got both systems, had to go with ps3 tho, I just like it better all around and all my folks got ps3s too so xbox pointless.

O

ookiimata

Played this a couple weeks ago when it hit the net. XBOX360. It's fun, but not as good as MW2. Some parts are pretty difficult, in the vein of WaW with tons of suicidal enemies charging you. I'd rate the game overall goodness somewhere between WaW and MW2. I didn't get to play online, though. That'll be great I'm sure. Only took me a day and a half to beat on the hardest difficulty, and I'm not that good, so it's a pretty short campaign. At the end they brought back zombie mode and you play as JFK. So you're constantly shouting funny things at the zombies in JFK's voice with the accent and everything. Lots of plays on things he actually said that are funny. Zombie mode seemed harder in this one than before.

None of the weapons were particularly impressive. The China something semi-auto grenade launcher is fun. And the double barrel shotgun is alright for zombie mode, but I imagine the reload time would make it fairly weak in multiplayer. The Commando was pretty useful. And the FAL shows up, and the FAMAS, but the FAMAS is full auto in the campaign instead of three round bursts like in MW2 multiplayer. Same with the M16 (my favorite multiplayer weapon in MW2).

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

:just completed this on my 360. but i really bought it so i could beat all my mates on live which is where these games are meant to be played to realise their full potential..:character0201:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have it for PC way better.

thats good to know man - I had it in my hand and was a bit taken aback by the $60 price, Im not cheap but after feeling like I got burned by the last pc title I got (Star Wars Unleashed 2) I was feeling a bit jaded

pc titles are usually 10-20 bux cheaper then console versions

Blaze

Blaze

Been hearing a lot of mixed review on this one so I've held off on buying it as well. I love MW2, but a lot of people have been complaining that the multi-player on Black Ops is buggy, laggy, and unbalanced and somehow has worse sound and graphics that MW2 and MW1.

You on XBOX live motherlode? We should play a game some time if you are =)

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i love it been playing it for a while now. i've got both systems but you cant get games on the net for the ps3 so i got it on the 360. i'd say the 360 is my main playing platform due to this and the ps3 is just for blueray

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no xbox here blaze - ya know I dont really game too much - had a ps3 here but when my kid moved out I let him take it since he used it way more then me.

been debating getting another console though, but first I want a new tv - that mitsubishi dlp 70" 3d ready one has my eye atm

though Id prolly just hook the pc to it

H

hbstoner

just got black ops yesterday, sucks ass compared to mw2.. graphics look like shit.. seems like COD does this every other game. MW (good) , word at war (suck) , MW2 (good) , black ops (suck). Id hold off for MF3 if they are doing one..

O

ookiimata

Yeah, I heard they're already working on MW3. A new company did Black Ops, not the same team that did MWs and WaW. I thought it was noticeable when it came to the storyline.

I don't have Live anymore, but I'm still sorry to hear that the multiplayer sucks for Black Ops. I just think it's ridiculous to have to pay to play a game online when every other platform is free. I didn't know that was the case when I bought my 360. Still would have got it because I can burn games, though. Hopefully they'll fix the Black Op bugs with updates. I got MW2 and was playing online before the game came out, and over the first 8 months they had to do a ton of fixes and updates. The dual shotguns ended up being lowered on their damage quite a bit, and they had to fix the horribly, game-ruining bug where people could arm the rocket and detonate it automatically when they died, killing everyone around. That really, really sucked and I was super pissed off about it. And they had to fix the hack that auto-leveled all the way up and unlocked everything.

I always played FPS games on the PC, so it was hard adapting to the controllers playing MW2 online with the 360, but I got used to it. Still probably not as good as I was with a PC, but close. There's a $10 product called FPS Freak that goes on the thumb joysticks that makes it easier to aim effectively. Works on PS3 and 360. I always use them now. Playing TF2 on the 360 as a soldier isn't feasible because you can't rocket jump, but with games like CoD that's not really an issue. All in all, not having to worry about how well and how playable a graphics-intensive new game will run on my PC and having to upgrade all the time makes it worth the switch to console. Just the damn Live service that sucks. I bought it for a year but never renewed.

sedate

sedate

Xboxes and PS3's are childrens' toys.

Get a real computer and real graphics card.

I always played FPS games on the PC, so it was hard adapting to the controllers playing MW2 online with the 360, but I got used to it. Still probably not as good as I was with a PC, but close.

No. You were not close.

Microsoft and Sony have done *alot* of testing here - like putting the top 1% of console gamers against the bottom 10% of PC gamers - and guess what happens?

The PC gamers blow the console kids out of the water EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Mouse and keyboard > childrens' controller - no matter who is using it.

O

ookiimata

Haha. You're probably right. You definitely can't pull off any kind of snap shots like you can with a mouse. Which, like I said, takes RJs off the table. It was a combination of getting used to being able to aim quickly with the controller and changing my style of play that led me to make the "close" comparison. Less aggressive, less close-up combat. Always positioning myself to get the easiest line of fire, even if it means taking more time to get the kill or complete the objective.

But, yeah, in the closest way to compare the skill level of the players (for me), which is TF2 on PC/Mac and TF2 on 360, the PC players are obviously leaps and bounds better. How much of that is due to the controller is hard to say (although, "significant" would be a fair guess). But my Mac can't run MW2 at a playable FPS, and I'm not willing to spend a thousand bucks (initially) on hardware to play a game.

sedate

sedate

ookiimata said:
How much of that is due to the controller is hard to say (although, "significant" would be a fair guess)

I can't fucking find the articles but there has been *alot* of playtesting here by the big hardware/software makers.

Game vendors really want to drop PS3/XBoxers in with PC Gamers on servers so that the games will have more average players available at a given time -

But play testing pretty much assures that won't happen since PC Gamers absolutely dominate - like aimbotting-type dominate - console gamers every time.

ookiimata said:
But my Mac can't run MW2 at a playable FPS, and I'm not willing to spend a thousand bucks (initially) on hardware to play a game.

You could build a fire-breathing gaming rig for like $700-800ish if you know what ur doing.

But - um - Just one thought here:

Starcraft 2

O

ookiimata

You don't need to source the articles, I believe you. I remember reading an article a few years ago that said the companies wanted to try and merge console players with pc players. I thought it was dumb at the time. Guess it proved to be pretty disastrous.

On the price, yeah, probably for $800 or so. It's just about priorities. I'm not really willing to spend that much money to play video games at this point in my life. When I was younger, definitely. $180 for an ebay 360 and free games from the internet is more my speed these days.

You did shame me into downloading some PC games last night, though. L4D2 and Portal, and a reinstall of TF2. I know they're all acceptable frame rates on my Mac Mini. So that will give me hours of unproductive time wasting in the near future. Maybe I'll install that newish online Q3 thing ID setup. Doom and Quake and Wolfenstein are what I grew up on.

I did get on the PC to play SC2. Couldn't resist that one. Great game. I just campaigned and skirmished the CPU. I'm not good enough at those type of games to play online. 12 year old Koreans destroy me when I try. Obviously no way to effectively play that kind of game with a gamepad/controller. But I wouldn't want to play NCAA Football without a controller, so it goes both ways and depends on what type of game it is.

marski420

marski420

Been hearing a lot of mixed review on this one so I've held off on buying it as well. I love MW2, but a lot of people have been complaining that the multi-player on Black Ops is buggy, laggy, and unbalanced and somehow has worse sound and graphics that MW2 and MW1.

You on XBOX live motherlode? We should play a game some time if you are =)

I would have to agree that its buggy, its call of duty, they spend as little money as possible and rush it as fast as they can.. the graphics are literally MW2 all the way, but if its laggy its your own internet, not the game.

marski420

marski420

No. You were not close.

Microsoft and Sony have done *alot* of testing here - like putting the top 1% of console gamers against the bottom 10% of PC gamers - and guess what happens?

bahaha.. mouse and keyboard > console controller ?? Get off the GLUE. PC gamers blow them out of the water?? Thats why MLG (Major League Gaming) is done mainly on 360. They have 1 computer game, starcraft 2.

Call of duty, and Halo are both gamed on 360 at major league events.. where the team who wins everything can win a purse of up too 750,000.. Cant do that on a computer, and not only that.. these gamers would stomp a mud hole in any pc gamer, anyday... Thats why they get paid the big bucks$$$

I agree computers could have more potential system wise as a whole(providing you get a controller/ joystick atleast) but the game for computer wont be any better because its on the computer.. Graphics and gameplay will basically be the same.. The only thing different is the lack of people playing on pc compared to console :)

marski420

marski420

No. You were not close.

"Microsoft and Sony have done *alot* of testing here - like putting the top 1% of console gamers against the bottom 10% of PC gamers - and guess what happens?"

Show me the proof this has happend.. This is completely made up by you, on the spot.. I cant find anything on such nonsense. If they really got the top 1% of gamers from console, that would mean they had professional gamers playing against the bottom rated scrubs of the pc world, and the pros lost??? you are just very biased to your own opinion and will make up anything to make yourself sound right. I would have been able to easily find this info if it were real, but of course, all lies.

Oh and even if this was real, how would they even put pc gamers against console gamers in a fair way?

If you can some how prove me wrong, I will have no problems appologizing. However, I know this will not be the case.

Top Bottom