Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Welcome to the game girl...not near as much fun in the state scheme as you thought it was going to be i'm sure and it only get's way worse....wait till they incorporate an RFID tracking inventory/production control system..it gets real fun about then

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
Welcome inthegorge, Im in Washington myself setting up our facility now, I have a bunch of indoor solutions and would love to chat, We handle Grow facility Blueprints, Engineering, Build outs, Genetics, Equipment, etc. Have projects in So Cal, Washington, and soon Nevada, Colorado, hit me up anytime by pm.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
^^^ Really Nice guy right there^^
I didnt mean to put you on the spot GoD.:cool: I know your busy

@inthegorge I certainly dont mean any disrespect at all!
I love what your doing and want to see you do well!
Garden of Dreams is a well respected, highly experienced expert.
He's probably super busy right now. But he could show you how to save money by making your own bennies and nutes. And How to get the most flowers outa your space!
ask anyone..they will tell ya the same thing

Hope im not outa line here..o_O

inthegorge

inthegorge

No problem at all Ken and thanks GoD but quite frankly I have no money for experts at this point in time:-/ Books are about all I can afford right now. I know there are improvements that could be made in our operation, hundreds of them most likely, but we are skipping along fairly well for the most part, learning from our mistakes, trying new things when possible and really I am basically happy with our results so far. There is not just one way to do this....each of us have our own path to choose and I am enjoying finding my own:-) Yes....there is a lot of unused space in our flowering room but our environmental controls cannot handle more than about 35 lights in there with the heat we have in our location until after August. Then all 55 will be blazing and it will be crammed full. For the record I have been contacted by countless "experts" all trying to sell us their services, of that you can be sure and they are coming out of the woodwork in droves. Not to say that there are not legitimate experts out there as I am sure GoD is but again....no money in our pockets for that at this time and place. Mr. Kid...I did not expect anything different actually but I will be damned if I will be a part of the rolling out of this in the same manner as those hoping to rape and pillage. We have a reasonable amount of small retailers that we will be working with when our product is ready and with only 7000 sq feet of allowed canopy we really have no business trying to compete with the big guys anyway so no worries on my part. I will just sit back and watch the shit show for a little while and when it feels right, when I don't feel like I popped out of an Ann Rand novel with only my financial interests in mind, we will jump into the game. Not too concerned about the RFID chip except for the cost at this point. We track everything even more closely than they want us to already but it will just be another dumb requirement to deal with. It is f*cked for the consumer however in the "grand opening" of legal weed in WA state and that does make me sad:-(( Everything starts somewhere though and the LCB here may have messed it up so bad that they get their money grubbing hands snatched out of it if the rumors I am hearing from Olympia (the state capital) have any credence at all. Time will tell though and still through it all I am doing just what I want to.....growing weed with my doors open wide and that feels just about perfect:-)

inthegorge

inthegorge

Moving our veg plants to large containers outside to take advantage of our always sunny weather. They will stay here for a week or two and then put on pallets and moved indoors every night for their 12 1/2 hours of darkness and moved back outside every morning for their 11 1/2 hours of sunlight and we will have a pretty good sized harvest in late August-early September from them if all goes according to plan. Today we have sustained 3o mph winds but the ladies just love it and it makes them so strong:) This is about a 1/5 of our current veg inventory. Lots still to re-pot and boy does it go through the potting mix!
IMG 1482

This is how we are buying out potting mix now - a local orchardist that I helped with his paperwork for his growing license orders it and delivers it for us - no delivery fees and it costs $284 per giant bag - organic mix just for marijuana:) Already went through 2 bags just planting about 1/5 of our veg plants. Looks like we will need about 8 more bags just to plant all the veg plants we have in inventory into large grow bags.
2014 06 15 10 15 26 222

Another shot of the just re-potted veg plants:
2014 06 15 10 15 55 875 1

A shot of our garden:
IMG 1483

A few plants at 40 days - White Widow
White Widow day 40

Critical Mass
Critical mass

inthegorge

inthegorge

Well....I guess we will see:-) With no recourse in our hot summers with the lack of cooling system it is the plan we have come up with. I know you have like 900 million times more experience Mr. Kid than I do, but again...there are many paths to the same destination and I hope to prove you wrong in this particular instance but of course time will really tell. We have no environmental controls to deal with the heat when it really fires up over here inside.....we have unlimited access to free pallets....got a good electric pallet jack.....lots of pavement to roll smoothly over.....staffed 24/7 with alarms set for crucial timing like lights off, moving pallets in, etc. so we are going to try to manage. Thanks for the advice though:-)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

They would love some extra vitamin B plants that are moved a lot stress out , vit b helps with that I like organic b from advanced nutrients it's from brewers yeast and on all of my experience from moving plants in and out nanners are frequent ...

B

bIlToNG

so keen to see the end results with this grow! trust it all works out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well....I guess we will see:) With no recourse in our hot summers with the lack of cooling system it is the plan we have come up with. I know you have like 900 million times more experience Mr. Kid than I do, but again...there are many paths to the same destination and I hope to prove you wrong in this particular instance but of course time will really tell. We have no environmental controls to deal with the heat when it really fires up over here inside.....we have unlimited access to free pallets....got a good electric pallet jack.....lots of pavement to roll smoothly over.....staffed 24/7 with alarms set for crucial timing like lights off, moving pallets in, etc. so we are going to try to manage. Thanks for the advice though:)
My back was hurting, til I saw 'electric pallet jack.' I'm using the grow bags for transplanting, and I love them. Very, very cost effective.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Viewed this entire thread and wish you nothing but the best and i believe TK was referring to possible bug contamination which could cause you to lose your entire crop but as you stated its your only recourse , do love what your doing thou .....

blessings

inthegorge

inthegorge

Thank you all for the well wishes:-) No way could we move all these plants one by one Seamaiden....we just did inventory and I have 1333 in veg that we are moving outside! That would kill anyone's back:-) I realized a long time ago that one of the secrets of enjoying life is by appreciating what you have GoD and that is how I live now. Sure we could have all sorts of better equipment, expensive cooling systems, etc., etc. etc. but we have what we have and my goal is to utilize what we do have and make it work out to the best of our ability. To save the power bill on 70 lights for 3 months is huge! To (hopefully) prove that using the sun and artificially provide adequate darkness to flower is huge to me as well in my over all plan to go green with this endeavor. We seriously hope to be able to put in a couple of wind turbines within a couple of years and some solar arrays as well and hopefully be able to drop some of the stigma of the high power usage of an operation like ours. Thanks for the info on the vitamin B Caveman...I will check into it!

As to bugs.....you know....we sort of just decided to embrace the bugs:-) We operate with our bay door open all day and even through most of the night with the lights shining like a beacon because on a warmer night it makes the heat much more manageable and raised the humidity. We have all sorts of bugs like moths and beetles and even had a 30 inch bull snake come a calling 2 nights in a row! We just could not maintain the clean room approach because it did not work for us with dogs, multiple people in and out and it was too weird having the doors closed and the windows covered so we are just dealing with it. We seem to have less of a bug problem with the doors open actually....no more spider mite issues to speak of. We spray clean water every day or two, we spray with a mild detergent and water every day or two, use a mint oil/water spray every 7 days or so and about every 14 days we use azamax just to be sure. If we see any trouble spots we use alcohol/water spray on certain strains that just seem to attract the darned things. We had worse issues when we tried to keep things all sealed up in all honesty. We do vacuum constantly and if we see anything on the plants we vacuum them carefully too. I am sure things can change on a moments notice but so far so good. We are very vigilant, groom the plants every day removing any dead/diseased/dying leaves and if there is more than 1 or two leaves with issues we give the plant a good check up and deal with any problems right then and there. I am sure we are mostly lucky but we also work hard at it so there is that. It is my hope that by having the plants in large containers "living" on pallets that the smooth ride from outside to inside will not be traumatic and if we do it from the moment we flip they should be used to it throughout their flowering period. I don't know if it will work or not but it seems like it should and that is what we are going to attempt:-) I could fall flat on my face but I am really hoping that will not be the case. We plan on using beneficial's and teas a lot more outside since it is quite a bit easier to deal with outside than in. Keep your fingers crossed...I sure will!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thank you all for the well wishes:) No way could we move all these plants one by one Seamaiden....we just did inventory and I have 1333 in veg that we are moving outside! That would kill anyone's back:) I realized a long time ago that one of the secrets of enjoying life is by appreciating what you have GoD and that is how I live now. Sure we could have all sorts of better equipment, expensive cooling systems, etc., etc. etc. but we have what we have and my goal is to utilize what we do have and make it work out to the best of our ability. To save the power bill on 70 lights for 3 months is huge! To (hopefully) prove that using the sun and artificially provide adequate darkness to flower is huge to me as well in my over all plan to go green with this endeavor. We seriously hope to be able to put in a couple of wind turbines within a couple of years and some solar arrays as well and hopefully be able to drop some of the stigma of the high power usage of an operation like ours. Thanks for the info on the vitamin B Caveman...I will check into it!

As to bugs.....you know....we sort of just decided to embrace the bugs:) We operate with our bay door open all day and even through most of the night with the lights shining like a beacon because on a warmer night it makes the heat much more manageable and raised the humidity. We have all sorts of bugs like moths and beetles and even had a 30 inch bull snake come a calling 2 nights in a row! We just could not maintain the clean room approach because it did not work for us with dogs, multiple people in and out and it was too weird having the doors closed and the windows covered so we are just dealing with it. We seem to have less of a bug problem with the doors open actually....no more spider mite issues to speak of. We spray clean water every day or two, we spray with a mild detergent and water every day or two, use a mint oil/water spray every 7 days or so and about every 14 days we use azamax just to be sure. If we see any trouble spots we use alcohol/water spray on certain strains that just seem to attract the darned things. We had worse issues when we tried to keep things all sealed up in all honesty. We do vacuum constantly and if we see anything on the plants we vacuum them carefully too. I am sure things can change on a moments notice but so far so good. We are very vigilant, groom the plants every day removing any dead/diseased/dying leaves and if there is more than 1 or two leaves with issues we give the plant a good check up and deal with any problems right then and there. I am sure we are mostly lucky but we also work hard at it so there is that. It is my hope that by having the plants in large containers "living" on pallets that the smooth ride from outside to inside will not be traumatic and if we do it from the moment we flip they should be used to it throughout their flowering period. I don't know if it will work or not but it seems like it should and that is what we are going to attempt:) I could fall flat on my face but I am really hoping that will not be the case. We plan on using beneficial's and teas a lot more outside since it is quite a bit easier to deal with outside than in. Keep your fingers crossed...I sure will!
get the dogs out of the grow room!!! And you have to get your intake in check so that you don't need a bay door open to provide ample fresh air intake...IMO

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Danger, danger, danger Will Robinson...Please believe me, I am just trying to look out for you and your new venture but the more I read, the more it seems like you are running as fast as you can the wrong direction....at this point you can not afford to kind of feel your way through and run a hobby style torture chamber for your plants..imo you would be better off scaling back and dialing in a much smaller lab style grow spaces with much tighter protocols in place..one dog hair, miller moth, june bug or PM in your finished product when state testing goes into effect and your done..this is your business now, your future and alot around you, as well as you are providing true medicine to the masses with your name and reputation on the line and I think your slightly hap hazard approach is going to bite you square in the ass at some point. Then what do you tell all the people that quit there jobs to come be apart of it or god forbid a patient/customer get sick or have a reaction to some of your lax approaches and protocols. Cleanliness and good growing practices are free, no equipment to buy. Again please believe that I am just looking out and want the best for you and yours in this brave new frontier but some of what I read really scares me..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Is this for REC only or is this medicine also @inthegorge ?

I'll go back and read again but if this venture is for medicinal please step up your game and follow the advice of locking down a smaller environment and respect patients circumstance.

But if this venture is Rec only ....
Fuck it and have fun and cut all the corners you want ... It's just hard to read and believe that when people are blessed with an opportunity they put it at risk for trying to go big

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

What can you do what can you do???

I appreciate you @inthegorge for the transparency and I wish you the best!
Cut and paste this whole thread for notes on what went wrong when the problems begin to arise for this thread may not always be here to come back to....

I've learned a lot of what not to do and I refuse to make the same mistakes and unfortunately your experience is only going to add to the endless information I've obtained of what not to do....

Latest posts

Top Bottom